News:

Goddammit.  Another truckload of bees.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aidian

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2012, 08:32:51 PM
For Crazy, you need Tucson, Providence, or Portland, depending on what kind of Crazy you're after.

I moved down from Portland, actually. Great place, awful economy. I've eyeballed New Orleans for years, so it seemed like a good destination until the next walkabout.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2012, 08:33:41 PM
The triumpant return of NegativeNinja666.

Nope, separate entity.
Slightly Diseased Pheromone Discharge of Saintly and Superhuman Proportions

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aidian on December 11, 2012, 08:44:32 PM
Nope, separate entity.

Not in any practical sense.  Both of you came on the board, and accused the first person who was friendly towards you of being a predator/pedo/whatever.

And to do it to LMNO, of all people?  He's the last nice guy we have left.

So, yeah.  Same fucking thing.

Jackass.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Aidian

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 11, 2012, 08:37:12 PM
Anyway, when I'm in town I rarely go past Frenchman street.  I know, but I am a tourist.

I tend to hang at Good Friends, Bourbon Pub, Molly's, what used to be the Matador, and Decatur St in general.

Frenchman has some nice spots. If it's sociability I want, I'm usually around Kajun's/Siberia/AllWays. If I'm looking to hide in a dank corner, it's usually the John or a Decatur dive, though the Quarter's a bit too far for me to stumble back home in my lazy fashion.

Aidian

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2012, 08:46:30 PM
And to do it to LMNO, of all people?  He's the last nice guy we have left.

Entirely tongue in cheek, and I really should have known better. We can add "tactless" to the jackass.

LMNO

I'll go on the record of not taking it seriously.  Not offended. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on December 11, 2012, 08:54:11 PM
I'll go on the record of not taking it seriously.  Not offended.

I'm not "offended", either.  I just think that I'll be avoiding someone who thinks that's funny, especially given that - at this time of day - most people are posting from work.

And how the fuck is that supposed to be funny in the first place?

"Hi, nice to meet you."
\
:)

"PEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!"
\
:nigel:

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Aidian

Appreciated, LMNO, and my relatively sincere apologies for stepping on toes right out of the gate. I've been mouthy for too long, the logical part that says "perhaps I should tread carefully for a while" may be irreparably damaged. I'll have to work on that in the future before I dig my hole any deeper.
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 11, 2012, 08:58:55 PM

I'm not "offended", either.  I just think that I'll be avoiding someone who thinks that's funny, especially given that - at this time of day - most people are posting from work.

And how the fuck is that supposed to be funny in the first place?

That was a skewed attempt to play on your intro to the thread.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM
Bear in mind, of course, that this is the interbutts, and be careful how much information you put out there.

That, for me, always dredges up the 1500 pound rabid grizzly parody (http://www.reoiv.com/images/random/bears.jpg).

I am appropriately chastened, though, and can't fight the logic that work filters make life hell for many, many people. I'll just see how much of my boot I can cram in my mouth over that one, and certainly try not to repeat it.

The Good Reverend Roger

Pæs

Quote from: Aidian on December 11, 2012, 09:07:57 PM
I am appropriately chastened, though, and can't fight the logic that work filters make life hell for many, many people. I'll just see how much of my boot I can cram in my mouth over that one, and certainly try not to repeat it.
I like this approach.

Of course, don't think you're getting away that easily. You'll do something wrong. They always do. You'll do something wrong and then that'll be IT. Think of this as a suspended sentence. As soon as you trip over again, we'll be forgetting your apologies and adding this to the list of your crimes.

It's only a matter of time.

Until then, the Nigels will wait and their hunger will grow.

Aidian

Quote from: Pæs on December 12, 2012, 12:24:49 AM
Of course, don't think you're getting away that easily.

If I were really concerned with getting away easily, I wouldn't have registered. I had my chance for an easy out, but what fun is that? There are exactly zero TGRR holy names given, and much less awkward backpedaling around folk whose brains I appreciate, in the day to day.

That said, of course I'll eventually do something else wrong. Following that inevitability, I'll just quietly lay my head down and wait for the well deserved axe blow. That, or try the nifty "catch the blade between my hands" bit, which should have much the same result. Can't have the Nigels going hungry, after all. That's just rude.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Aidian on December 12, 2012, 02:41:06 AM
Quote from: Pæs on December 12, 2012, 12:24:49 AM
Of course, don't think you're getting away that easily.

If I were really concerned with getting away easily, I wouldn't have registered. I had my chance for an easy out, but what fun is that? There are exactly zero TGRR holy names given, and much less awkward backpedaling around folk whose brains I appreciate, in the day to day.

That said, of course I'll eventually do something else wrong. Following that inevitability, I'll just quietly lay my head down and wait for the well deserved axe blow. That, or try the nifty "catch the blade between my hands" bit, which should have much the same result. Can't have the Nigels going hungry, after all. That's just rude.

Nigel doesn't use an axe.  Your bones just sort of fall out.  It's not pretty, and we don't question it.

Pæs

I remember the last person who tried to "catch the blade between their hands".

And then it wasn't a blade.

There's no getting clean again after that.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on December 12, 2012, 03:47:59 AM
I remember the last person who tried to "catch the blade between their hands".

And then it wasn't a blade.

There's no getting clean again after that.

I heard Nigel never DID get that shirt clean, and had to buy a new one.  People should be more considerate.  She's not made of money, you know.

Pæs

PLEASE don't tell me what she is made of.

I worked very hard on forgetting.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Pæs on December 12, 2012, 03:55:35 AM
PLEASE don't tell me what she is made of.

I worked very hard on forgetting.

Well, okay.

But she's full of angry bees.  Just saying.