News:

The characteristic feature of the loser is to bemoan, in general terms, mankind's flaws, biases, contradictions and irrationality-without exploiting them for fun and profit

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vincent

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 09:09:52 PM
Quote from: Vincent on January 02, 2013, 09:05:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 02, 2013, 08:53:41 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 08:49:50 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 02, 2013, 08:46:03 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but most of us here are stark raving sane. 

EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE, PLS.

It maps to the territory there is, rather than the territory we would like.

It still removes us from the majority of humans, but at least we know the light is an oncoming freight train.

You're setting a trap. I will not have it.

You already walked into the trap, when you regged here.

Now you have to get used to it, or chew a limb off to get out1.

1 You still won't get out.  We just get a boot out of watching people gnaw their limbs off.

I'll get out when I feel like I've absorbed all brains here. I might even be able to kidnap a friend or two.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vincent on January 02, 2013, 09:16:54 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 09:09:52 PM
Quote from: Vincent on January 02, 2013, 09:05:03 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 02, 2013, 08:53:41 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 02, 2013, 08:49:50 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 02, 2013, 08:46:03 PM
Sorry to disappoint, but most of us here are stark raving sane. 

EXPLAIN THE DIFFERENCE, PLS.

It maps to the territory there is, rather than the territory we would like.

It still removes us from the majority of humans, but at least we know the light is an oncoming freight train.

You're setting a trap. I will not have it.

You already walked into the trap, when you regged here.

Now you have to get used to it, or chew a limb off to get out1.

1 You still won't get out.  We just get a boot out of watching people gnaw their limbs off.

I'll get out when I feel like I've absorbed all brains here. I might even be able to kidnap a friend or two.

Well, you can just go ahead and have mine.  It's fucking filthy, and I won't have it in my head.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Mr. MumboJumbo

Well hello there and welcome to my first post.
I'm Steve, and I joined mainly to stalk The Good Reverend, who I really, REALLY hate. Thanks for creating this great welcome thread BTW, it makes it a lot easier to get started.
Where were you yesterday? I spent all day doing drugs and posting in that FB group. I thought you said you were going to AT LEAST give us one hour of hate a night? I'm your biggest fan over there, and you're the best thing to happen there in a long time. Don't forsake us, shake us. They (we) need it.
Anyways, I've spent most of the last 3 or 4 years on FB amassing a friend list of "Thuthers" because it was the first time I'd been exposed to the public version of 'alternative viewpoints', being one of those 'in the shadows' types before then. I've since learned that "Truthers" are just butthurt troglodytes who'll believe anything that fits their agenda. So I just started focusing on the discordian page...mostly screwing around...having light fun with the other members...then The Good Rev showed up and laid down the Hammer! Man, he came off as a prick at first but I had to ask myself, "Do I deserve this?", and the answer came up [MAYBE]. I also think I'm the only one there that's recognized his hate to really be a form of love, so I now consider myself one of his "Subordinates" ;) Well, sort of.
He looks like a big, snuggly teddy bear doesn't he?
Ok well, other than that glad to be here, and don't EVER go easy on me (not telling you what to do).
Loading...Please Wait

Mr. MumboJumbo

Also, where do you people keep all the cute cat pics?
Loading...Please Wait

Salty

Welcome!

Pool's on the roof.

Please refrain from posting VERBOTEN topics. I can't tell you what they are because just spelling them out in this post will cause events which will make biblical plagues look, uh, less...bad? My brain today, blah.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Pæs

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Mr. MumboJumbo on January 14, 2013, 05:35:04 PM
Well hello there and welcome to my first post.
I'm Steve, and I joined mainly to stalk The Good Reverend, who I really, REALLY hate. Thanks for creating this great welcome thread BTW, it makes it a lot easier to get started.
Where were you yesterday? I spent all day doing drugs and posting in that FB group. I thought you said you were going to AT LEAST give us one hour of hate a night? I'm your biggest fan over there, and you're the best thing to happen there in a long time. Don't forsake us, shake us. They (we) need it.
Anyways, I've spent most of the last 3 or 4 years on FB amassing a friend list of "Thuthers" because it was the first time I'd been exposed to the public version of 'alternative viewpoints', being one of those 'in the shadows' types before then. I've since learned that "Truthers" are just butthurt troglodytes who'll believe anything that fits their agenda. So I just started focusing on the discordian page...mostly screwing around...having light fun with the other members...then The Good Rev showed up and laid down the Hammer! Man, he came off as a prick at first but I had to ask myself, "Do I deserve this?", and the answer came up [MAYBE]. I also think I'm the only one there that's recognized his hate to really be a form of love, so I now consider myself one of his "Subordinates" ;) Well, sort of.
He looks like a big, snuggly teddy bear doesn't he?
Ok well, other than that glad to be here, and don't EVER go easy on me (not telling you what to do).

:lulz:

Welcome aboard, Steve.  It's not me you have to look out for, it's Nigel.  She's a bad person, and she's right about fucking everything, which violates my white male American privilege in ways that leave me bow-legged and in need of one of those prostate replacement thingies they make out of teflon.

Here's what you're going to find here, if you look hard enough, or just get silly and ask:

1.  About a dozen books written since the Principia Discordia.
2.  Thousands of pages of rants and sermons.  10 years worth of hollering and carrying on, with no character limits.
3.  Hundreds of pages of complaints concerning Nigel and "The Crippler".
4.  REAL kooks.  Not the good the kind.  Most have gone the way of the dodo, but the subforum "The Peanut Gallery" has more sick laughs per page than anything I've ever seen on the interbutt supermarket to date.
5.  Horrorology.

Essentially, it's "slightly longer attention span theater", which is why 80% of our user base fucked off to various Facebook pages.

Also, shut up.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on January 14, 2013, 06:31:44 PM
Hi, new guy!

I do like how his Hate™ is very clearly expressed.  Nothing passive-aggressive about this one, either here or on FB. 

Looks like my missionary work there hasn't been a total write-off.

(ETA:  I bet the Mormons are jealous.  All I have to do is scream at people all day, whereas they get screamed at all day.  Which is as it should be.)

Anna Mae Bollocks

Congrats. The odds of that are slightly less than hitting the Megabucks.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wuli Fufu on January 14, 2013, 06:55:52 PM

Which?  Of saving the heathen swine over at FB?

Probably.  It's a good thing I'm not in the salvation business.  That gets you nailed to a stick, or shot, or even winding up living in something like Graceland.  The mind boggles in horror.

Jaidyn Casey

Hey there Steve! I am Trisha and I have to admit I totally skipped over my intro, I just kind of dove in taking over a friends spot.

Glad to have you hear and as was said, the pool's on the roof and if I may do some self promotion, please check out the links on my sig and also on the sig of LMNO for some awesome stuff.

Squeak at ya later!  :)

Having and not having
both create frustration.
"Possessing" always comes served with a golden apple.
Being "The Prettiest One" cultivates pride and makes others ugly.
Not being "The Prettiest One" cultivates envy and leads to war.
Expand your definition of Self to include the Universe;
This way you can have it all with nothing to lose.
- "Chao Te Ching" Chapter 13

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2013, 06:57:28 PM

Probably.  It's a good thing I'm not in the salvation business.  That gets you nailed to a stick, or shot, or even winding up living in something like Graceland.  The mind boggles in horror.

If Elvis lived in this century, would he still shoot televisions?
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Wuli Fufu on January 14, 2013, 07:14:21 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on January 14, 2013, 06:57:28 PM

If Elvis lived in this century, would he still shoot televisions?

He'd never stop.

He was a titan among men.