News:

The only BEARFORCE1 slashfic forum on the Internet.  Fortunately.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: Nast on April 03, 2013, 10:46:31 AM
I pop in and out of this board so frequently that I feel that it hardly merits a post to announce that I found my way back, but I wanted to express my gratitude that this board has provided me with so many diverting things to read while I lay through the three days of throat infection and insomnia. For awhile there I was on the verge of taking up knitting again to fill the long void-like hours, but then I realized how much knitting infuriates me so I thought of coming back to you spags instead. Love you all!

Its so nice to see you back, Nast.

Hey new people.
If you ever talk about drugs I will hunt you down and apply Religion to your living souls.
Welcome.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jez on March 01, 2013, 06:43:54 PM
Hi there.

I am newblood.  I'm one of those creepy people who lurks about for ages before actually joining, so I know enough not to scream and flail about when you call me on my bullshit.

I just started attending college again.  There were a lot of years between my first year and now, so I'm one of those irritating shits that think my experience in the actual world gives me insight into The Way Things AreTM.  I'm working on Bachelor's degrees in Criminal Justice and Political Science on my way to law school.  I'm hoping hanging out with you lot will help me laugh at the system while learning what I can do to fix some small part of it and not losing my mind the longer I look into the abyss.

Well HI THERE, new guy!
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jez on March 01, 2013, 07:20:18 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 01, 2013, 06:47:28 PM
And if you're going into criminal law, that's essentially what's out there.  May I suggest that you enter on the prosecutorial side?  You can do more good there...What America needs is more DAs with a sense of what's really a crime, and what is just another poor slob being tipped into the system.  Of course, at first, you won't get much say in that, but eventually you may be able to make a difference.

That's the plan.  I'm also hoping to do some good by being able to help juries distinguish between actual mitigating circumstances and emotional manipulations by defense attorneys.

The ultimate goal is to be an appellate judge.  I'm pretty good at being able to see things from many angles at once.

You're double majoring? I might have questions for you.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I pop in and out of this board so frequently that I feel that it hardly merits a post to announce that I found my way back, but I wanted to express my gratitude that this board has provided me with so many diverting things to read while I lay through the three days of throat infection and insomnia. For awhile there I was on the verge of taking up knitting again to fill the long void-like hours, but then I realized how much knitting infuriates me so I thought of coming back to you spags instead. Love you all!

Nast! MUCH LOVE!

insideout

Quote from: Alty on April 03, 2013, 10:59:55 PM

Its so nice to see you back, Nast.

Hey new people.
If you ever talk about drugs I will hunt you down and apply Religion to your living souls.
Welcome.
I take drugs for my hi blood pressure.  If applying religion would make my hi blood pressure not be hi anymore, you're welcome to apply religion.

Yes, I'd even invite Eris into my life if it would fix my health problems

Pope Pixie Pickle

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 05, 2013, 05:41:08 AM

Nast! MUCH LOVE!

is nice to see you back! Crochet is a thing I do now.

Jez

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 05, 2013, 05:39:18 AM

Not officially, yet.  I need to be a Junior to apply to the Criminal Justice major and have 15 credits with my school (I'm a transfer student) to apply for the PoliSci major.  I'm taking classes as though I will eventually be a double major, though.  And I was a double major during my Freshman year, a million years ago.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jez on April 06, 2013, 01:15:13 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 05, 2013, 05:39:18 AM

Not officially, yet.  I need to be a Junior to apply to the Criminal Justice major and have 15 credits with my school (I'm a transfer student) to apply for the PoliSci major.  I'm taking classes as though I will eventually be a double major, though.  And I was a double major during my Freshman year, a million years ago.

My school discourages double majors, but because I want to be a neuroscientist I kind of need to major in biology. However, I'm far more interested in psychology and public health and see biology, while interesting, as mostly a means to an end. So I was thinking about playing along like I'm going for one major and then switching tracks and pursuing the other, and in my last year just happening to have so many credits in both that it would be stupid not to let me double major.

Jez

Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 06, 2013, 02:58:36 AM
My school discourages double majors, but because I want to be a neuroscientist I kind of need to major in biology. However, I'm far more interested in psychology and public health and see biology, while interesting, as mostly a means to an end. So I was thinking about playing along like I'm going for one major and then switching tracks and pursuing the other, and in my last year just happening to have so many credits in both that it would be stupid not to let me double major.

Hmm.  My majors overlap quite a bit (Constitutional law, law and politics, etc.) so it was only an extra semester to go for both.  That may be a little harder for Psychology/Biology.  Of course, I suppose the requirements for one can be the electives for the other.  Hopefully you can find some logical/sympathetic advisers and program directors to help with that.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Jez on April 06, 2013, 08:01:07 AM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on April 06, 2013, 02:58:36 AM

Hmm.  My majors overlap quite a bit (Constitutional law, law and politics, etc.) so it was only an extra semester to go for both.  That may be a little harder for Psychology/Biology.  Of course, I suppose the requirements for one can be the electives for the other.  Hopefully you can find some logical/sympathetic advisers and program directors to help with that.

Oh, I've already taken all my electives. :lulz: No, it adds a full year to get both, but I really feel I need both as a foundation for neuroscience. I'd love to get some public health in as well, but I'm going to apply to the MSW/MPH dual degree program as a backup for if I don't get into the neuroscience program.

GrannySmith

hallo everybody, i'm sort of new here, i made my account ages ago when i was seeing fives everywhere and was fixated on the monks. I'm not obsessed with five any more, i tend to change my obsessions regularly, but i often really like the way you lot think. About me, i like half-learning as many things as i can, mostly i like maths and pope bob. prost from germany
  X  

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: GrannySmith on April 24, 2013, 11:15:56 PM
hallo everybody, i'm sort of new here, i made my account ages ago when i was seeing fives everywhere and was fixated on the monks. I'm not obsessed with five any more, i tend to change my obsessions regularly, but i often really like the way you lot think. About me, i like half-learning as many things as i can, mostly i like maths and pope bob. prost from germany

Hey there, new guy!

Chucklemaster

hey. I'm a Discordian, though probably very a slightly more fnord-y one(think beelzebub's bath scrub); I've been around, someone told me to post here, I thought it was a good idea. I'm pretty ethically hedonistic, and making people's days weirder has become a regular hobby.
Bazoo!
blah blah blah the rest of the song

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: zer0n on May 09, 2013, 08:47:57 PM
hey. I'm a Discordian, though probably very a slightly more fnord-y one(think beelzebub's bath scrub); I've been around, someone told me to post here, I thought it was a good idea. I'm pretty ethically hedonistic, and making people's days weirder has become a regular hobby.
Bazoo!

RWHN could definitely use someone on his side, that's for sure.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: zer0n on May 09, 2013, 08:47:57 PM
Bazoo!

YEAH! I'M SOMEONE!

Hey, new guy. Look out for deadly cookies.