News:

PD.com : We are the parents your children warned you about.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: :regret: on July 14, 2013, 12:25:55 PM
Quote from: M. Nigel Salt on July 12, 2013, 05:09:28 PM
Quote from: I_Kicked_Kennedy on July 12, 2013, 03:46:15 AM

Took me almost 9 years.

I am so confused by your postcount. It appears to be normal?  :?
Yeah, when did that happen?

When PD got switched to Ze German server.

Have I really posted that much? Jesus.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Golden Applesauce

Quote from: hylierandom, A.D.D. on June 06, 2013, 04:15:33 AM
I have a 11-year-old sinus infection, and I am tired a lot.
I pop pills like a pac-man to keep my sinuses somewhat open, lungs open, brain functional. 

IANADoctor and no idea if this would actually help you, but here is the best review for the Hitachi Magic Wand EVER:

Quote from: http://www.amazon.com/review/R3SLKKSE0OVWW6226 of 289 people found the following review helpful
5.0 out of 5 stars
If you have bad sinuses..., April 1, 2007
By SFHandyman

This review is from: Hitachi Magic Wand Massager (Health and Beauty)

How I ended up buying one of these:

I had a very bad flu. I'd been sick for a week, when I developed a horrible sinus headache. I guess the cold/flu medicine had caused my sinuses to block. I was throwing up any pain medications, so I couldn't do anything for it. It was so painful, I started hitting my head on the wall - surprisingly, that felt good. It was about 2am though and I don't think my neighbors would have appreciated me doing that all night.

So I tried to think of something else, I jumped in the shower and turned the shower massage on pulse and put it on my face. It felt wonderful. I stood there for about 30 minutes and again, I thought, 'I can't stand here all night' and I realized I really needed a vibrator.

It was 3am, I looked horrible, my hair was wet but I quickly got dressed and drove over to the all night sex emporium. I walked in looking horrible, and said "where are the vibrators, I need a vibrator."

The clerk pointed to the rack in the back of the store. I looked at the toys and didn't think they had the power that I needed, then I saw the wand. I bought it and hurried back home. I immediately plugged it in and put it on my painful sinuses. It was amazing. I hold it firmly over each side of my nose and it will cause any sinus blockage to release, then I hold it firmly on the bridge of my nose with a kleenex ready, and it will make me sneeze, which blows out the offending material. Then it's back to my cheeks again, I repeat until there is no longer a blockage. Even if I can't get my sinuses to open, it still feels wonderful when you have any kind of headache but it's the sinus relief I love. I can also relieve sinus pain without medication, that makes me sleepy or edgy or dries them out so bad my nose hurts.

I couldn't remember why Amazon would know I had this, then I remembered that I bought one for a friend who had cancer. He had been mostly confined to bed and his shoulders and neck were cramping up so bad that he couldn't lift his head or drop his shoulders when he had to stand up. I knew this thing had the power to work out those kinks, so I jumped on Amazon and had them send him one (he was in a different city). I got an email a couple of days later and it just said "I got it. THANK YOU". The next time we spoke he thanked me over and over. It worked the kinks out of his neck and shoulders and for someone who had just felt pain for such a long time, it was wonderful to have some relief. He got better by the way so it's a really happy story.

I have used it a little bit for other forms of stimulation, but really this is my magic sinus fixer. If you have a friend with allergies, headaches or frequent sinus infections this is a great gift. Even when I have a cold, it can force a sneeze and relieve any nasal blockage. I don't know if it would do the same thing for anyone else. I've never heard of anyone recommending the technique. This stays plugged in and under my bed - ready to go to work when I have a headache. I'm sure if anyone saw it, they'd assume it was there for another reason, but it's job is a pain reliever for me. It works great on any sore muscles also.
Q: How regularly do you hire 8th graders?
A: We have hired a number of FORMER 8th graders.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Left

I already possess such a device and have in fact used it as described in the review...

Not what I bought it for... :lol:  But you can cause yourself to sneeze by running it on the bridge of your nose, or use it on sore muscles...It's powerful enough to...um... really get rid of tension...

The hitachi magic wand is $60  VERY well spent.

Have added N-acetyl-cystiene to the pill menu, aaand the creeping crud in my head is  getting better!!!
WOOWHOO! :banana:

I've been using a water-pik on my sinuses for some time, I figured out the angle of the "pik" fits perfectly into my maxillaries.
Hope was the thing with feathers.
I smacked it with a hammer until it was red and squashy

GrannySmith

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: WOW now i want one too, even if it were only for the sneezing effect described in the review!!! :D :showus:
  X  

Triple Zero

Quote from: Alty on July 14, 2013, 07:09:59 PM

German server? Are we on Hetzner now? Cool! Is it cheaper/better than Dreamhost?

Also if they took the code I wrote to mess up the postcounts when they moved servers, the postcounts are simply all messed up. It's not quite random, but a weird formula I doubt anyone will figure out. It's supposed to change only when you make a post (hence it's not random), otherwise it'd be too easy to spot it wasn't quite right, but I don't remember the specifics.
Ex-Soviet Bloc Sexual Attack Swede of Tomorrow™
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

INFORMATION SO POWERFUL, YOU ACTUALLY NEED LESS.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 29, 2013, 08:54:19 PM

German server? Are we on Hetzner now? Cool! Is it cheaper/better than Dreamhost?

Also if they took the code I wrote to mess up the postcounts when they moved servers, the postcounts are simply all messed up. It's not quite random, but a weird formula I doubt anyone will figure out. It's supposed to change only when you make a post (hence it's not random), otherwise it'd be too easy to spot it wasn't quite right, but I don't remember the specifics.

I just remember my friend freaking out about how I could possibly have over 500,000 posts on a forum.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Triple Zero

We had the old one with all the weird units, but then something broke and I didn't have time to create something elaborate again so I came up with a crazy ass formula.
e-prime disclaimer: let it seem fairly unclear I understand the apparent subjectivity of the above statements. maybe.

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 29, 2013, 08:54:19 PM

So if two people actually had the same number of posts, the numbers displayed under their avatars would be the same?

Triple Zero

Doktor Howl

My guess is that it somehow involves their registration date.
Molon Lube

Faust

Quote from: Triple Zero on July 29, 2013, 08:59:10 PM
We had the old one with all the weird units, but then something broke and I didn't have time to create something elaborate again so I came up with a crazy ass formula.

Three times I've gone to respond to your message and havent gotten a chance. I was south of the equator for a month and now I am trapped in sheffield. I have to get onto you properly. Have you killed any eated cram yet?
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Triple Zero

Quote from: Doktor Howl on July 29, 2013, 09:08:20 PM
My guess is that it somehow involves their registration date.

Close, but it doesn't use the registration date :)

Quote from: Faust on July 29, 2013, 09:10:12 PM
Quote from: Triple Zero on July 29, 2013, 08:59:10 PM

Three times I've gone to respond to your message and havent gotten a chance. I was south of the equator for a month and now I am trapped in sheffield. I have to get onto you properly. Have you killed any eated cram yet?

Don't worry about it, I failed to answer your G+ reply after bluntly asking who you were, I'll see that PM when you have time for it :)

And yes we met up with Cram, three of his friends, Regret, Sjaako, someone from the IRC channel and even some random spags who "aren't Discordians really, we just sorta kinda follow the group on FB", in Amsterdam on Saturday, had a GREAT time. I got no pics myself, but hope to get some when Cram gets back from his LARP (he'll be invading Germany tomorrow).

On sunday I took Cram and his friends to Utrecht, we spagged around, had more great times (less tourists, less crowded streets, makes a happy trip) and we had dinner at the same place I took you and your girl (wife now? weren't you getting married or am I confusing things here), and it was again super delicious and awesome, actually surprised me, I had almost forgotten (especially for the price, which makes a happy Dutchspag :P).

Faust

Hehe, Still engaged and will be for a while yet. That was an awesome resteraunt, Its cool that more discordians have invaded its hallowed halls.

I'm raging I missed it but it was just bad timing on my part. I had just come back to work after a month off so I would have beeen killed if I asked for more.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Triple Zero

There's probably going to be another NL meetup somewhere in October or so. I'll keep you posted on details when I know them.