News:

PD.com: Living proof that just because you can, doesn't mean you should.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Giant(G)Land

Hopefully I am just a little dusty...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Giant(G)Land on August 14, 2013, 10:48:07 PM
Hopefully I am just a little dusty...

You're one of Those People.  I have an unerring instinct about this shit.

Comes from being a Holy Man™.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Giant(G)Land

Never been called a 'Those People' before-perhaps I should have lurked a little longer but I just had to (somewhat soberly) introduce myself before completely giving myself up to the all of the fun.

I hope to spoil your prophecies Holy Man™. . .but not too much. Or maybe no?

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Giant(G)Land on August 14, 2013, 10:45:14 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 14, 2013, 10:04:58 PM
HEY THERE NEW GUY. TALK TO ME.

Wow, an exclusive invitation :) :)

Do you think it's a good idea to have my laptop "talk" to me using the text to speech function?
Maybe read some PDF books (like Law: A Very Short Introduction for example?)
Perhaps do this daily since I am grossly (and becoming incrementally) illiterate...

your answer is more important to me than that of some guy that eats babies. . .no offense to the Waffleman

THANKS

No.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Giant(G)Land on August 14, 2013, 11:14:05 PM
Never been called a 'Those People' before-perhaps I should have lurked a little longer but I just had to (somewhat soberly) introduce myself before completely giving myself up to the all of the fun.

SING ME THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Giant(G)Land

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 14, 2013, 11:20:56 PM
Quote from: Giant(G)Land on August 14, 2013, 11:14:05 PM

SING ME THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D7o7BrlbaDs  !

The Good Reverend Roger

Giant(G)Land

Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 14, 2013, 11:19:17 PM

Do you think it's a good idea to have my laptop "talk" to me using the text to speech function?
Perhaps do this daily since I am grossly (and becoming incrementally) illiterate...

your answer is more important to me than that of some guy that eats babies. . .no offense to the Waffleman

THANKS

No.

Thank you.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Giant(G)Land on August 14, 2013, 11:38:50 PM
Quote from: TALK TO ME ABOUT YOUR GENITALS on August 14, 2013, 11:19:17 PM

THANKS

No.

Thank you.

Always happy to be of service.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Count Chocula

Quote from: Giant(G)Land on August 14, 2013, 07:30:15 PM
Hi all,

My name is Jake and I feel very fortunate to have found a little enclave of folks who may or may not share my zest for Ultimate Knowledge and Bullshit.

I recently discovered Discordian philosophy while researching tulpas-which led me to Chaos Magic which (I think) led me to RAW where I've been residing for the last few months.

some context

The first set of books that ever royally mindfucked me (which, of course, led me to the Science and Philosophy sections of the bookstore) were the "alien abduction" memoirs by Whitley Strieber- this was back in high school.
I was pretty well sold on the whole metaphysical message and spent a lot of time trying to figure it all out which proved to be terribly frustrating-so much so I eventually resorted to the skeptical literature.

I read (for the first time) Carl Sagan-who became an intellectual hero of mine. From there on I read more science, psychology, analytical philosophy, etc. . .all decidedly rationalistic (think: Daniel Dennett) and quite challenging for a wooly minded painterly type like myself (see: pretentious.) During this sojourn I found Zen Buddhism and now sit my ass on a cushion every morning watching the carpet crawl. . .

Presently

I am 23 (!) and have decided I feel the sanest (and happiest) when I ape Discordian logic and muck around with the Sacred Chao. I am just about through with both Prometheus Rising and the Principia. . .both books that have frustrated my lame philosophical assumptions for months now-which is pretty damn refreshing. Having a sense of humor about all this stuff is huge plus too!

I hope I can contribute something to this party.  :lulz:

Thanks for your time.

-Jake

:troll:

The Good Reverend Roger

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

msok

Hello Hello. I like adventure time, shel silverstein, HP. Lovcraft, dr sues, Pokemon, dr who, soul coughing, lieing, Anton Wilson, Anton Lavey, Terry Pratchett wasting time, Shane Claiborne, bad quality film photo junk, doing that thing with double negatives so people get confused, sleep,Christopher Walken, getting bad internet connections, paying to much for my cellphone, night vale, and stalking this web page.
   A friend of mine told me about Discordianism after he had break down and I went pdf hunting found this place, that was about 3 years ago

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: msok on September 14, 2013, 05:28:20 PM
Hello Hello. I like adventure time, shel silverstein, HP. Lovcraft, dr sues, Pokemon, dr who, soul coughing, lieing, Anton Wilson, Anton Lavey, Terry Pratchett wasting time, Shane Claiborne, bad quality film photo junk, doing that thing with double negatives so people get confused, sleep,Christopher Walken, getting bad internet connections, paying to much for my cellphone, night vale, and stalking this web page.
   A friend of mine told me about Discordianism after he had break down and I went pdf hunting found this place, that was about 3 years ago

Hey there. Welcome to PD.com.

Look, I'm just gonna tell you right now:

Discordianism is bad for you. Discordians are even worse for you.

I met a Discordian in real life once, and now I'm up to my ears in medical and legal debt. The two things aren't necessarily directly related but, you know. Can't be too careful around these people.

I only hang out here to keep an eye on these freaks, to make sure I'm not in any risk of running into more of them. The same can actually be said for most of the people on this forum. I think there's only like 4 Real Discordians left.