News:

Doing everything exactly opposite from "The Mainstream" is the same thing as doing everything exactly like "The Mainstream."  You're still using What Everyone Else is Doing as your primary point of reference.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

StandBackJack

LMNO

whenhellfreezes

I feel like introducing myself again. I don't think I appreciated how meta you guys can really be.

Telarus

Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Irreverend BS Loafer

Hello, Discordian internet people,

It's been a long time since I joined a forum (I've pretty much settled on a single forum for years now), so this is weird.

It's been about ten years since my now best friend introduced me to Discordianism in college. Over the years, it's something that I've come back to again and again with increasing frequency and intensity. After coming across this site several times over the past week, the existence of memebase, reading BIP and BIPCW here, and especially after seeing that BIPCW was written by folks on this forum, I decided to join. I'm glad to see there's still new Discordian stuff being generated.

Hail Eris!
TIBS Loafer

Salty

Hey! Welcome!

Be sure to check out the pool on the roof.

What is it that you are into in meatspace, what gets your motor running?

Also, what sort of forum do you usually hang out in?
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Irreverend BS Loafer

Quote from: Alty on February 04, 2014, 03:29:40 AM
Hey! Welcome!

Be sure to check out the pool on the roof.
You won't fool me again, Angelina Jolie!

QuoteWhat is it that you are into in meatspace, what gets your motor running?
I'm a programmer by trade, but it's also pretty much my favorite thing. I sometimes draw weird sketch things if I'm bored and stoned enough. I also have a pretty rad wife who I play videogames with occasionally.

QuoteAlso, what sort of forum do you usually hang out in?
I try not to oblige the weird tribalism on the internet, but for shorthand's sake, I am A Goon™. e: and I mostly read about politics

Salty

Salty

Neato, well, welcome again.

If you have any wisdom, lay it on us. There are a couple programmers here, I have tried my hand at it, but have other callings.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Irreverend BS Loafer on February 04, 2014, 03:25:25 AM
Hello, Discordian internet people,

It's been a long time since I joined a forum (I've pretty much settled on a single forum for years now), so this is weird.

It's been about ten years since my now best friend introduced me to Discordianism in college. Over the years, it's something that I've come back to again and again with increasing frequency and intensity. After coming across this site several times over the past week, the existence of memebase, reading BIP and BIPCW here, and especially after seeing that BIPCW was written by folks on this forum, I decided to join. I'm glad to see there's still new Discordian stuff being generated.

Hail Eris!
TIBS Loafer

Welcome aboard.  You're going to find that the best stuff is in (in order) "Think for yourself, schmuck", buried in the offal pit that is "Apple Talk", and in the old rant ghetto "Or Kill Me"...And, of course, in Horrorology and the Project Board.

Do not trust Nigel; she is not on your side.  She pretends to be nice and then does things to new people.  Awful things.  There was once this guy named AKK, he started out normal, then Nigel happened, and he freaked out and went into a seminary. 

Also, that LMNO fellow...I don't like the cut of his jib.  He lives kinda close to Canada...He might be a communist.

If you're a political nut, go into Aneristic Illusions and read every single thing Cain has ever written.  He is a genius, even if he IS a Manchester cannibal.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Irreverend BS Loafer

Thanks for the welcomes!

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on February 04, 2014, 03:57:19 AM
Welcome aboard.  You're going to find that the best stuff is in (in order) "Think for yourself, schmuck", buried in the offal pit that is "Apple Talk", and in the old rant ghetto "Or Kill Me"...And, of course, in Horrorology and the Project Board.

This will be so damn useful. Thanks!

QuoteDo not trust Nigel; she is not on your side.  She pretends to be nice and then does things to new people.  Awful things.  There was once this guy named AKK, he started out normal, then Nigel happened, and he freaked out and went into a seminary. 

Also, that LMNO fellow...I don't like the cut of his jib.  He lives kinda close to Canada...He might be a communist.

If you're a political nut, go into Aneristic Illusions and read every single thing Cain has ever written.  He is a genius, even if he IS a Manchester cannibal.

Duly noted haha. And actually, the negative bitcoin thread in Aneristic Illusions was a good sign for this forum in my book

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Irreverend BS Loafer on February 04, 2014, 04:44:38 AM

Duly noted haha. And actually, the negative bitcoin thread in Aneristic Illusions was a good sign for this forum in my book

One goal we have here is to see the world the way it really is, not the way we'd like it to be.

And bitcoin is a scam.  Frankly, I'm not sure I see the advantage at all, even if it wasn't.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Junkenstein

Everything is a scam.

If you don't know why, it's a good scam.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.