News:

In North Korea, this forum wouldn't be banned, it would be revered and taught in schools as a palatable and preferable version of Western history. And in many ways, that's all the truth the children of North Korea need

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

Quote from: monad on February 23, 2014, 10:29:23 PM
Hello. I'm monad, apparently.
The theosophical sort, not the functional programming sort. Not that I know much about that, either.
Some of you may recognise me from the IRC.
It has been a while since I've had a persistent identity so it may take some time for me to tune in.

Welcome! If you haven't already, set up a sterilization center next to wherever you post from. You don't want to track this shit out.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Red

Quote from: Faust on February 23, 2014, 10:31:10 PM

This is a whole lot of crazy, so I'm going to say: Cool, life's all about finding out what works for you.

I've actually been going through his art for the last hour. He's got some really beautiful stuff. I'm not finding anything on his inspiration for pyramid head coming from a dream, as far as I can recall it was an iterative design that didn't have a pyramid at the start, just a malformed featureless head.

One cool thing I found out was that a lot of his inspirations came from an artist called Francis Bacon who does these very isolated harrowing picture, and his art style really evoked the tortured frailty of the "monsters". He does a lot with images of people in geometric cages and railings. I always assumed it was throwback to the film Jacobs ladder but I guess there was more to it than that.
What's even more awesome is that Bacon is Irish and there's a gallery of his work in Dublin, which I am going to go see at the next possible juncture.

This is literally me right now:

Eh, my life is a ball of crazy. You get used to it after awhile.  :lulz:

Drat. I looked around and couldn't find it again, either. I probably got ahold of a bad translation when I read that. Knowing my luck the proper translation should have been "Masahiro Ito dreamed up Pyramid head" as in figurative and the stupid thing gave me literal.  :oops: Oh well.

Yeah, going through a horrific war will do things to you and your art. I remember seeing some of these paintings back when I was in high school. They're very distinctive! As a side note, the painting you posted looks a lot like Silent Hill: Downpour's cover.

Quote from: monad on February 23, 2014, 10:29:23 PM
Hello. I'm monad, apparently.
The theosophical sort, not the functional programming sort. Not that I know much about that, either.
Some of you may recognise me from the IRC.
It has been a while since I've had a persistent identity so it may take some time for me to tune in.
By the way, hello to you too! I'm sure you'll adjust just fine. :) The fact that you chat on IRC will probably make things easier for you as you already know some of the people here!

monad

Thanks. I seem to have unintentionally upset people already. Perhaps it would be best if I slunk back off into anonymity.

Salty

Only best if you have Teh Fear.

What you are feeling right now is fairly common. If you slink away you'll never get drawn for the raffle-raffle and pie party.

monad

Salty

Salty

I am just happy that thread is getting more mileage/kilometerage.

monad

Salty

Oh boy, and Roger ain't even here.

Look, hate is sort of what this place runs on. It may seem like we all get along, but the truth is the sight of this forum makes me projectile vomit for hours afterward.

We argue with one another very, very intensely as often as possible. What is more, we all LIKE it that way. I, for one, get bored with other people so easily since posting here. And lord help anyone who thinks they can piss me off on the internet faster than I can link them to the Offended page on ED.com.

My suggestion: stick around, lurk a bit. Find some value here, there's plenty to go around.

Or, don't. That's your call.

monad

Salty

Who's worried. I just signed on to the welcome wagon and am following through on my word.

Plus, we need some new blood in here, the walls are starting to dry.

:lulz:

monad

I don't have any blood, but I might scorch the walls if I happen to flare up, that might improve the ambience.

Salty

Eater of Clowns

Alty is a vicious cannibal who bear maces his still living meals beforehand, not to incapacitate them, but because he likes spicy food. The fact that he is on our welcome wagon should say a lot.

Welcome to PD, new folk.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Salty