Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Thread split, racist bullshit removed to new thread.

Any further posts of such nature or any posts by the offending party (Pope Lecherous & alts) will also be removed and placed where they belong.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?topic=36698.0
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

scaredchao

Pleased to be making acquaintences.  I recently found myself some literature at the flea market down the road, became very intrigued, did some Googling, and here you guys are.  Loved reading the book, want more, where should I start?  How is your weekend going?

Pope Lecherous

Quote from: scaredchao on July 12, 2014, 04:32:45 PM
Pleased to be making acquaintences.  I recently found myself some literature at the flea market down the road, became very intrigued, did some Googling, and here you guys are.  Loved reading the book, want more, where should I start?  How is your weekend going?

The Black Iron Prison and Plato s cave
--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

Reginald Ret

Hi new guy!
By the book you mean Principia Discordia? Then the unofficial sequel is The Black Iron Prison.
It is the result of a collaborative project here and a couple of the original writers are still around. Though less so in the summer, people tend to play outside a lot in the summer.

My weekend is going quite well, thank you. Though i went a bit too far with the alcohol and now I'm having a hungover sunday.
How is yours?
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

Pope Lecherous

Elfen Lied - Lilium (Full Opening Theme Song): http://youtu.be/kua_iJ4bAmo

Lux Aeterna - Requiem For A Dream (Full Orchestra): http://youtu.be/SLJllk-0o6c

Elfen Lied - Opening (Lilium ) HD: http://youtu.be/eQuKhpHm6Dk

--- War to the knife, knife to the hilt.

trix

Welcome!  Along with the already mentioned Black Iron Prison, I personally recommend Zen Without Zen Masters.  It's closer to the Principia is tone, while being a bit less subtle, and full of some great wisdom.

Also Chao te Ching is quite good, and I've heard that The Illuminatus! Trilogy is good too, though I haven't gotten to it yet (it's on my list!).

As for my weekend, well, last night I got together with my brother and my girlfriend and we went to a strange place where we were searching vehicles and abandoned houses for guns and tools and materials to build a hut to survive the night before zombies attacked in huge waves.  But I fucked up and accidentally opened the door in the middle of the night resulting in a horrific battle that only my girlfriend survived by hiding on the roof shooting the zombies with a crossbow, since apparently noise concerns make that weapon superior to my sawed off shotgun. (7 Days to Die)

I'm typing this from the afterlife, in case you are wondering.
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

Reginald Ret

Quote from: trix on July 14, 2014, 06:38:53 AM

Welcome!  Along with the already mentioned Black Iron Prison, I personally recommend Zen Without Zen Masters.  It's closer to the Principia is tone, while being a bit less subtle, and full of some great wisdom.

Also Chao te Ching is quite good, and I've heard that The Illuminatus! Trilogy is good too, though I haven't gotten to it yet (it's on my list!).

As for my weekend, well, last night I got together with my brother and my girlfriend and we went to a strange place where we were searching vehicles and abandoned houses for guns and tools and materials to build a hut to survive the night before zombies attacked in huge waves.  But I fucked up and accidentally opened the door in the middle of the night resulting in a horrific battle that only my girlfriend survived by hiding on the roof shooting the zombies with a crossbow, since apparently noise concerns make that weapon superior to my sawed off shotgun. (7 Days to Die)

Oh cool, what server? The server i was playing on got completely reset, everything was lost, including my home that was a cross between the tower of babel and a high security prison in a field of spikes about the half the size of that town in the middle of the map.
Lord Byron: "Those who will not reason, are bigots, those who cannot, are fools, and those who dare not, are slaves."

Nigel saying the wisest words ever uttered: "It's just a suffix."

"The worst forum ever" "The most mediocre forum on the internet" "The dumbest forum on the internet" "The most retarded forum on the internet" "The lamest forum on the internet" "The coolest forum on the internet"

trix

Quote from: Regret on July 14, 2014, 01:23:29 PM
Quote from: trix on July 14, 2014, 06:38:53 AM

Oh cool, what server? The server i was playing on got completely reset, everything was lost, including my home that was a cross between the tower of babel and a high security prison in a field of spikes about the half the size of that town in the middle of the map.

My brother ran his own server while we were LAN'd at his house.  I played on one of his spare computers, as mine would asplode if I tried to run anything more demanding than solitaire on this pos. Thus, I cannot play it from home.  It was quite fun though!
There's good news tonight.  And bad news.  First, the bad news: there is no good news.  Now, the good news: you don't have to listen to the bad news.
Zen Without Zen Masters

Quote from: Cain
Gender is a social construct.  As society, we get to choose your gender.

OD Pizzle

Pee Dee. One of my best friends told me about the good book and it changed my life. Call me Old Dirty Pizzle, Owen, or whatever you like. I enjoy hip hop, but I'm interested in diversifying my playlist. I'm a writer in my free time, so expect me in literate chaotic. Questions?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: OD Pizzle on July 19, 2014, 12:01:06 AM
Pee Dee. One of my best friends told me about the good book and it changed my life. Call me Old Dirty Pizzle, Owen, or whatever you like. I enjoy hip hop, but I'm interested in diversifying my playlist. I'm a writer in my free time, so expect me in literate chaotic. Questions?

None as yet.  Welcome aboard.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Raz Tech

Hello and welcome.
What do you write?

LMNO

OD Pizzle

Quote from: Raz Tech on July 19, 2014, 03:18:14 PM

Hello and welcome.
What do you write?

I'm writing a 5 book science fantasy series. For now I'm calling it NAVIGATIONEM DISCORDIA: OR How I Found Goddess and What I Bought From Her With Loose Change When I Found Her. Book one is CHAOS.  Forces unknown begin to act on Earth and 3 humans and the whole world get caught up. What are these aliens motives? What will happen when the otherworldly power offered is seized? Read and find out!

Cain

By coincidence, I'm also writing a book.  It's about a REMF with Neocon tendencies who dabbles in racism and the Pick Up Artist community, who gets banned from a forum and thinks it would be the height of wit to come back on while making a bunch of Wu-Tang Clan references and references to his own previous account, because he thinks he is so smart no-one else will get it.  And he'll show them.

Unfortunately, admins had him pegged from the moment he signed up his alt account, and he was banned and went back to furiously masturbating into a sock, in his parents basement.

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.