Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eater of Clowns

Quote from: Balthazar the Concerned on October 05, 2016, 01:12:30 PM
Hey guys!

I'm Balthazar and I'm from Idaho, the potato capital of the world. When I'm not meat-puppeting for the man I try to make sense of things. I have failed miserably in this regard. It really could be turtles all the way down. I knew about Discordianism way too early to appreciate it and read the Principia Discordia embarrassingly late. Eris shouted something into my ears but I've the metaphorical cotton shoved too far in there to hear, now I'm in search of the metaphorical tweezers to pull it out.

The wise man Douglas Adams once said:  "There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another theory which states that this has already happened."

I've been so much of a make-sense-of-things-aholic that I forgot to stop and smell the roses. I need a support group or something. I'll happily settle for something.

You better not be eyeballing my metaphorical tweezers.   :argh!:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Hey new guy! You present yourself as someone who is moderately unshitty, I hope you live up to that  :lulz:

Ziegejunge

This is a fine place indeed for moderately unshitty people. Welcome!

Little Red Riding Hood

Hello! I'm Little Red Riding Hood. I used to lurk here long ago. You guys showed me some cool stuff, and I want to share some of my writings with other humans, so here I am.

Trivial

Quote from: Little Red Riding Hood on October 06, 2016, 04:07:25 AM
Hello! I'm Little Red Riding Hood. I used to lurk here long ago. You guys showed me some cool stuff, and I want to share some of my writings with other humans, so here I am.
Hello!
Sexy Octopus of the Next Noosphere Horde

There are more nipples in the world than people.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MithridatesXXIII

Hello Discordians.  I like Discordia and I like Eris too. I'm looking forward to discussing things with other Discordians. Thank you. :cheers:

POFP

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 09, 2016, 01:24:58 AM
I'm looking forward to discussing things with other Discordians.

You just missed'em. They went... [that way]!

You see, you've found the Cow (Chao?). This is where things are chewed, digested a little, thrown up, and chewed and digested again. I hope you've found what you're looking for!

Pool's closed on account of The Tentacle-Faced Mistress. But it's on the roof if you're brave enough.
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Fernando The Poo, Hole of Ass on October 09, 2016, 01:46:11 AM

You see, you've found the Cow (Chao?). This is where things are chewed, digested a little, thrown up, and chewed and digested again. I hope you've found what you're looking for!

Pool's closed on account of The Tentacle-Faced Mistress. But it's on the roof if you're brave enough.

Cows are near and dear to me. Have you seen the movie Hackers? Your pool reference reminds me of that. Are you a poet? You have a way with words. Anyhow, nice to meet you Fernando.

Q. G. Pennyworth

It's FINE. Those babies at the EPA don't know what they're talking about. A little hydrofluoric acid is good for the complexion.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hello, new person! We're not so bad around here.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on October 09, 2016, 04:21:00 AM

Hello. I got that impression. I am intrigued by the rhetorical style of the posters here. It's colorful to say the least.

POFP

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 09, 2016, 02:05:36 AM

Cows are near and dear to me. Have you seen the movie Hackers? Your pool reference reminds me of that. Are you a poet? You have a way with words. Anyhow, nice to meet you Fernando.

I have not seen the movie Hackers, but now I want to.

I wouldn't consider myself a poet, but I enjoy writing. I rarely do it, however. I appreciate the compliment :)
Nice to meet you, too.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 09, 2016, 04:12:17 AM

It's FINE. Those babies at the EPA don't know what they're talking about. A little hydrofluoric acid is good for the complexion.

But we made the pool itself out of glass to appease the rich, art snobs...

I stand corrected, new guy. The pool is no longer on the roof. The top floor is now the pool. Tomorrow, the pool will be the basement.

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on October 09, 2016, 04:12:17 AM

Also, newsfeed?  :lulz:
This Certified Pope™ reserves the Right to, on occasion, "be a complete dumbass", and otherwise ponder "idiotic" and/or "useless" ideas and other such "tomfoolery." [Aforementioned] are only responsible for the results of these actions and tendencies when they have had their addictive substance of choice for that day.

Being a Product of their Environment's Collective Order and Disorder, [Aforementioned] also reserves the Right to have their ideas, technologies, and otherwise all Intellectual Property stolen, re-purposed, and re-attributed at Will ONLY by other Certified Popes. Corporations, LLC's, and otherwise Capitalist-based organizations are NOT capable of being Certified Popes.

Battering Rams not included.

Junkenstein

Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 09, 2016, 04:24:05 AM

Hello. I got that impression. I am intrigued by the rhetorical style of the posters here. It's colorful to say the least.

Nothing but unbiased, unvarnished, pure and horribly wholesome truth here.

Please disclose your sins and petty grudges for the official record.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

MithridatesXXIII

Quote from: Junkenstein on October 10, 2016, 06:24:42 PM
Quote from: MithridatesXXIII on October 09, 2016, 04:24:05 AM

Nothing but unbiased, unvarnished, pure and horribly wholesome truth here.

Please disclose your sins and petty grudges for the official record.

Hahaha. My greatest sin? I got the message but didn't hang up the phone.

My biggest grudge is against existential horror. It is quite inferior to metaphysical and ontological horror.