News:

Endorsement: "I would highly suggest that you steer clear of this website at all costs and disconnect yourself from all affiliation with those involved."

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: NeonWytch on October 21, 2016, 03:31:13 AM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on October 21, 2016, 12:11:38 AM
The two spags did their thing in the late Fifties.

This pedantry has been brought to you by Shut Up, the Journal of American Horrorology™.
Fuck.
Time to commit sudoku. 
Goodbye new friends, it's been fun.

:lulz:
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

NeonWytch

A wise man once said "What was that? I couldn't hear you."

Goddess Eris

Hi I'm Eris and I haven't actually used a forum in so long that I've gotten really rusty, but who doesn't like some oxidization? I'm a crazy woman in The Big Apple and I split my time between petting some sweet ass floofcats, working with electronics, and beating the rich (the rich actually taste like shit, even deep fried, so this is a preferable option). What brings me here is Illuminatus!, which I finally read about 30 years after everyone else. I have NOT YET read the full PD actually, I'll get to it when I feel like it. Lately I'm trying to find digital copies of ole RAW dawg for Historical Illuminatus! & on, because I'm lazy and I have an ebook reader. I'm not asking here, just... casually mentioning that.

Anyway, when I read Illuminatus! I immediately thought two things - everything in it was the most wonderfully weird bullshit fantasy I'd ever read, and also, that it was 100% historically accurate - depending on your point of view and your position in spacetime. OR not! But there are lots of different truths and all of them are real and all of them are lies. I also recognized a few spooky ideas I'd had myself being aired by other people with more research backing them, and immediately put on my tinfoil hat and buckled on my crazy boots.

it's not that weird that I took so much to the book and the idea of Discordianism though, I've found myself in the company of various people who think 'fnord' is funny since childhood. (It's actually not though, and hasn't been since before I began this life... actually people going 'FNORD *snerk* sheeple' probably kept me away for years)

I don't believe in witchcraft but I'm damn good at it.

LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Hello and welcome, Goddess Eris! I like your style. And I agree wholeheartedly about "fnord".
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cainad (dec.)

Quote from: Goddess Eris on November 08, 2016, 08:35:33 AM
Hi I'm Eris and I haven't actually used a forum in so long that I've gotten really rusty, but who doesn't like some oxidization? I'm a crazy woman in The Big Apple and I split my time between petting some sweet ass floofcats, working with electronics, and beating the rich (the rich actually taste like shit, even deep fried, so this is a preferable option). What brings me here is Illuminatus!, which I finally read about 30 years after everyone else. I have NOT YET read the full PD actually, I'll get to it when I feel like it. Lately I'm trying to find digital copies of ole RAW dawg for Historical Illuminatus! & on, because I'm lazy and I have an ebook reader. I'm not asking here, just... casually mentioning that.

Don't bother, it's utter shit. It changed my life and now look where I am.

EDIT: Also, you're in NYC? We should totally make a vague promise to meet up some time and then never follow through. I met a lot of my current friends in meatspace by agreeing to meet some freaks from this forum.

Hagtard Celine Dion Mustard

[THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK]

Apparently my original introduction was "rambling and self-centered". So I deleted it.

If you want to know more about me, you can visit www.chinagreenelvis.com.
"I never thought of shaving my beard and freeing the slaves, but I thought of shaving the slaves and freeing my beard!"
~ Abrahaham Lincololn

minuspace

Hi Finally, is, not, both, and neither there to meet you!

LMNO

Freeky

Quote from: chinagreenelvis on November 15, 2016, 06:17:38 AM

Apparently my original introduction was "rambling and self-centered". So I deleted it.

The butthurt is strong with this one! Damn. :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Freeky on November 22, 2016, 07:25:20 PM

Likes to block folks too.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

He had to make sure he pimped his website in here though. Wee guru wannabe.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on November 22, 2016, 08:03:56 PM

He had to make sure he pimped his website in here though. Wee guru wannabe.  :lulz:

:lulz:

Goddess Eris

Yeah I love meeting strangers from the internet, it's how I fund my jetset lifestyle. The organ black market is poppin!

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Goddess Eris on November 23, 2016, 03:34:49 AM
Yeah I love meeting strangers from the internet, it's how I fund my jetset lifestyle. The organ black market is poppin!

Seems souls are the newly emerging market. Anybody can steal or kill for useful bits of flesh, but getting folks to bleed their lives out into the false activism of the age seems like where the real killing is to be made.

I hadn't read your intro from the 8th until earlier today as it happens. So when and how did you first realize that you were Eris and what did you do when you found out?

For my part I was always The Wizard Joseph, even before I grew old and forgot most of it. I write what I can and see more than I really wanted to, but nobody asked me anyway. I too have an occupational proficiency with electronic things and can build, inspect, repair, modify, and destroy but not design or breathe in a machine spirit. I have not practiced the craft in about 6 years, but once brought Cray motherboards and more exotic things into proper, perfect form. Now I'm between things and doing day labor on occasion to get on for the time being.

I'm a lifelong resident of Wisconsin and well shielded from the evil wiles of the Sophists and other philosophical smut peddlers running rampant in the so called culture of the coastal regions of the Union. Despite this I was exposed to the idea of the "Discordian Society" guzzling RAW's milk one day. An evil hippy slipped me the Illuminatus Trilogy without even blinking. Didn't really take hold for about... maybe 6 or 7 years. I've never done something as silly as self-identify as "A Discordian" in any religious sense, but the PD, CTC, and BIP are all pure gold to me!

I have some stories in process of being written here and think you might find some of it most interesting. I would certainly be interested in your reflections upon them!

I don't really believe in "gods", but that doesn't seem to bother them much.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl