News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

Introductions, part V: Don't Say We Never Warned You.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 18, 2012, 05:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

I heard a fun and interesting not-Jim on a podcast recently, and I will assume you are that person from now on. I hope you live up to the expectations definitely-you set on that podcast because it was great. Also please don't be a troll, we need new blood around here.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Bathtub Jim

Quote from: V3X on February 10, 2017, 05:18:18 AM
Also please don't be a troll, we need new blood around here.

I'll try to destroy your unrealistic expectations of me just like all of those unrealistic expectations you initially had when you first met your ex-lovers.

But no! I'm not a troll, sadly. I'm a bit of an exile from the Discordian Society facebook group. I've been happy to lurk there for several years, but they did some things that attracted a lot of attention (this girl did a funny thing with a honey bun pastry on video), and the numbers of the group have swelled since then to about 20k. It's completely shitty and has been taken over by trolls who think discordianism means offending people through racist memes, which is fine I guess, but it got tedious after a while.
Opossums have opposable thumbs

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Bathtub Jim on February 10, 2017, 05:27:53 AM

I'll try to destroy your unrealistic expectations of me just like all of those unrealistic expectations you initially had when you first met your ex-lovers.

But no! I'm not a troll, sadly. I'm a bit of an exile from the Discordian Society facebook group. I've been happy to lurk there for several years, but they did some things that attracted a lot of attention (this girl did a funny thing with a honey bun pastry on video), and the numbers of the group have swelled since then to about 20k. It's completely shitty and has been taken over by trolls who think discordianism means offending people through racist memes, which is fine I guess, but it got tedious after a while.

Yeah I checked in a few weeks ago and was not really very impressed at all. Unlike some authoritarian nations, however, we here at PD welcome refugees.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on February 10, 2017, 05:29:47 AM

Yeah I checked in a few weeks ago and was not really very impressed at all. Unlike some authoritarian nations, however, we here at PD welcome refugees.

As long as you're not running from somewhere bad.  Those kind of refugees are bad hombres and we should stomp on their fingers as they try to climb over the wall.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

minuspace

Nay, nuke the den of iniquity from whence any invidious comparison to Discordia hast now or ever been made.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on February 11, 2017, 05:41:26 AM
Quote from: V3X on February 10, 2017, 05:29:47 AM

As long as you're not running from somewhere bad.  Those kind of refugees are bad hombres and we should stomp on their fingers as they try to climb over the wall.

Remember that time all those terrorists from MysticWicks invaded?

Goddess Eris

I'm just so very sad that I can't find the Eschatron 9000

Salty

Sup, noob. Welcome. Taking a different track now the philosophy didn't work out, eh?

Check out the pool on the roof.

Here, this is for your NAZI punching:
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Goddess Eris on February 11, 2017, 11:35:50 PM
I'm just so very sad that I can't find the Eschatron 9000

He's in the white house.

I bet you thought the end of the world would be sexier, right?
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Sleepless nights at the chateau