News:

PD.com: our ability to recall your stupidity makes elephants look like Alzheimer's patients.

Main Menu

This might well be the best thing I've read all week.

Started by EK WAFFLR, July 18, 2012, 10:18:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I hope so. I really do. Someone else called CPS a couple of years ago, so it's on file but was never investigated. It will be this time. I'm still kind of in shock.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

In my wholly inadequate "training" they told me that once people knew I was DHS certified and a mandatory reporter, they would start coming to me with stuff. I guess I just didn't expect it to be quite so soon or so... awful.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

The system is probably full of people with the same wholly inadequate "training", but they're not like you, and I suspect that might be a big part of the problem.

You'll handle this in the best way possible.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Damnit, I kept seeing DHS as Homeland Security and I was very confused. Then my brain kicked back on.

God luck dealing with it, Nigel. Just remember that you can't let it eat you too much, that won't help you and then you can't continue to help others. I have a aunt that has to deal with it regularly and it takes a serious toll.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Luna

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 20, 2012, 03:38:12 AM
In my wholly inadequate "training" they told me that once people knew I was DHS certified and a mandatory reporter, they would start coming to me with stuff. I guess I just didn't expect it to be quite so soon or so... awful.

Sucks that you got hit with it so soon.  Deep breath, and realize a couple of things.  Yes, the system sucks, but not half as much as a kid being abused by the people who are SUPPOSED to love him or her sucks.  And, investigation can take WAY too fucking long, and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.  Report it, do what you can to get the point across in spades, and do NOT blame yourself for anything that (god forbid) might happen.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Thanks guys... I am doing fine now, but am still planning on finding a therapist.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 20, 2012, 02:34:03 AM
That is so fuckin' awesome!

And thanks for the well-wishes. The situation is... well, it's fucking horrible. The circuitous permutations of how horrible it is are more than I want to discuss in public, but suffice it to say that it's pretty much the worst case scenario squared, for a newbie's first foray into mandatory reporting. For anyone, really. Outside of DHS and the FBI I haven't even talked about it with anyone other than the person who brought it to my attention, and I probably won't, aside from my therapist.

Welcome to the wide, wonderful world of public service.

I really wish I could say it gets better, but it doesn't.  You have managed to pick one of the two jobs that are actually worse than being a cop.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 22, 2012, 11:51:52 PM

And thanks for the well-wishes. The situation is... well, it's fucking horrible. The circuitous permutations of how horrible it is are more than I want to discuss in public, but suffice it to say that it's pretty much the worst case scenario squared, for a newbie's first foray into mandatory reporting. For anyone, really. Outside of DHS and the FBI I haven't even talked about it with anyone other than the person who brought it to my attention, and I probably won't, aside from my therapist.

I really wish I could say it gets better, but it doesn't.  You have managed to pick one of the two jobs that are actually worse than being a cop.

Luckily, it's just an internship and not a career choice...

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 23, 2012, 12:17:04 AM

Yep. 

In a similar vein, I once got my tongue stuck in a printer.  But I didn't make a habit of it.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 12:19:14 AM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 23, 2012, 12:17:04 AM

Yep. 

In a similar vein, I once got my tongue stuck in a printer.  But I didn't make a habit of it.

:lulz: