News:

Endorsement:  I know that all of you fucking discordians are just a bunch of haters who seem to do anything you can to distance yourself from fucking anarchists which is just fine and dandy sit in your house on your computer and type inane shite all day until your fingers fall off.

Main Menu

Sermon # Whatever: I fucking hate you. Die.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 23, 2012, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luna

What the bleeding hell does "only" human mean, anyway?

I mean, really, when is that EVER a good excuse for any fucking thing?

Humans FIGURE SHIT OUT.  Humans figured out how to get off this stinking mudball and walk on the goddamn moon.  Whose fault is it that we haven't gotten any farther?

YOURS.

What have YOU done to pull the TV remove out of your ass and advance the species today?  Hell, what have you done today to even make one person's life a little better, a little easier?  What have you done today to make another human sit up and realize, "fuck, I'm wasting my goddamn life, here?"

Slack?  Sure.  Slack...  Slack means to take a fucking break once in awhile.  It doesn't mean to spend your whole life sitting on the couch with your hand down your underwear wondering why somebody ELSE doesn't get you a fucking beer... it means invent a goddamn robot to fetch the beer, open it, and pour it into a nice, frosty mug FOR your lazy ass.

This board has its Holy...  Some people spew it on a daily basis, others let it fall like the occasional birdshit that lands on your shoulder at the bus stop.  A few can hit you with a line that makes you stop three days later in the middle of traffic saying, "Holy FUCK, I GET IT."  (Shit, some can do all three.)

What people seem to miss is that EVERYBODY has that Holy, if they just open their goddamn eyes, unpack their brains, and SEE what's going on around them, every goddamn day.  Letting yourself get so wrapped up in layers of webs from the day to day bullshit that gets wrapped around us blinds you, it sucks the Holy right out of you, to the point where you don't even fight back.

That's not human.  That's sheep.  And that makes me fuckin' cry.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

EK WAFFLR

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ON A CRAPPER!

I'll get y'all for this! Fuck me sideways in a donkey cart.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Luna on July 23, 2012, 09:49:55 PM
Slack?  Sure.  Slack...  Slack means to take a fucking break once in awhile.  It doesn't mean to spend your whole life sitting on the couch with your hand down your underwear wondering why somebody ELSE doesn't get you a fucking beer... it means invent a goddamn robot to fetch the beer, open it, and pour it into a nice, frosty mug FOR your lazy ass.

Slack™ means "enjoy the ride".  That MIGHT mean "sit on the couch covered in your own filth", but I'm not really wild about that kind of person.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

wlfjstr

Is slack a sub-genius thing?  Those guys are weird.

I don't recall discordianism ever requiring having a voice or using it.  Either to rant at others, or belittle them. It is interesting to get other people to think if only for a moment, but thinking isn't strictly necessary.

I'm a little troubled that you see yourself or others on this board as a 'superior mutant'.  Any mutations among us are sufficiently small as to make us virtually indistinguishable from each other.  Looking down on others is a little pointless, when the location of the high ground is still in question.  Of course, if you're sure you're on the high ground, by all means look down and tell us what you see.

You seem to see our society as some kind of trap to hold us back, when it seems to me that society is just as likely the wind beneath our wings.  Allowing billions of individuals the chance to work together to create something greater than the sum of its parts.  The best part is, we don't even have to see our part in this, we don't have to understand it.  It works in spite of our intelligence and ability to see what is going on.

It's quite the trip.  If creating subversion is your trip, do it.  If it's catching the latest episode of Breaking Bad, do it.  If it's killing your fellow man, well, I would never counsel that others do that, but I know that some freak out there will, do it.

Sometimes I think you got hold of the brown acid, and are having a bad trip...
But it's your trip, have fun!

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wlfjstr on July 23, 2012, 10:24:15 PM
I'm a little troubled that you see yourself or others on this board as a 'superior mutant'.

You should seek help, if you're troubled.

Of course, if you're sure you're on the high ground, by all means look down and tell us what you see.

Absolute perfection.  Everything's GREAT, ALL THE TIME.  What COULD be wrong, in this best of all possible worlds?  It's not like the humans are ripping up the bottom of the lifeboat to make clubs to smack each other with, right?  Right right right?  Or that our economic system is being policed by thieves, worldwide?  That's just silly.

And it's not like the vast majority of humans would kill you if you tried to improve things, and in fact have consistently done exactly that, right?

No, humans are great.  I was totally kidding about the mutant thing. 

*burp*

Dumbass.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Sometimes I think you got hold of the brown acid, and are having a bad trip...

Yes, of course.  If someone points out problems, they must be on drugs.

UNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG!

Oh, wait.  Your name has something about a wolf in it.  I wish I'd seen that before I wasted time answering you.

Freeky

Learn to [/tag], wlfjstr.

Also, that is an unfortunate stance to hold.  Society in theory is a good thing, but society in reality, at least the American one, which is the only one I know, in reality it allows the people who hold power to crush and terrorize the people who don't hold power.

Realizing that you have a voice and using it is a way to fight against the reality of societal power, given enough voices. 

"Allowing billions of people the chance to work together to create something bigger than themselves?"  Well, that would be nice, in theory, if there weren't a small but vocal (there's some people who've found their voice) percentage of the population who want you to be re-educated, or jailed, or killed, simply because you don't believe the same things they do.  Their vocalness serves the people who hold power, and the people who hold power tell the people who tell people things to tell the people with no power that this is what most people want, and then most people, who don't think they have a voice, go along with it because they don't use their voice.

Edit for sentence completion.

The Good Reverend Roger

While billions of people are being wind under their own wings, a few million people are poking them in the butt with a nightstick made out of junk bonds and hedge funds.

But that's okay, because this is the best of all possible worlds.

Freeky

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 10:36:43 PM
While billions of people are being wind under their own wings, a few million people are poking them in the butt with a nightstick made out of junk bonds and hedge funds.

But that's okay, because this is the best of all possible worlds.

Be fair; it could be a whole lot worse. 

I agree that it could be so, so much better, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

The Good Reverend Roger

Freeky

The Good Reverend Roger

Have I mentioned that I LOVE it when dumbass hippies try to psychoanalyze me?

I mean, I don't NEED an excuse to shart all over someone, but it's really nice when they run up and INSIST.

Freeky

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 10:46:54 PM
Have I mentioned that I LOVE it when dumbass hippies try to psychoanalyze me?

I mean, I don't NEED an excuse to shart all over someone, but it's really nice when they run up and INSIST.

It's almost like they want to do you a favor and present themselves to you as target of the day. 

And what was the point of that post?  I think he was actually just trying to be immature and get on your nerves as much as possible.