News:

You're miserable, edgy and tired. You're in the perfect mood for PD.com.

Main Menu

Sermon # Whatever: I fucking hate you. Die.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 23, 2012, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 24, 2012, 03:00:52 AM
Both of you are really on your game this evening.   :lol:

I was inspired by wlfjstr's epic performance.  Inspired, I say.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Freeky

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 03:03:44 AM

It was pretty inspiring.  I wish I had seen before the bit where he said if you want to kill somebody, do it.  I mean, what is that even? 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 24, 2012, 03:05:02 AM

It was pretty inspiring.  I wish I had seen before the bit where he said if you want to kill somebody, do it.  I mean, what is that even?

It's hard to explain unless you've looked deeply into the eyes of a wolf.  It's a life-changing experience, I hear.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Freeky

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 03:06:31 AM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 24, 2012, 03:05:02 AM

It's hard to explain unless you've looked deeply into the eyes of a wolf.  It's a life-changing experience, I hear.

That never gets old, indeed. :lulz:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 23, 2012, 10:42:03 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 10:39:42 PM
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,17742.msg582018.html#msg582018

:lulz:

Maybe I should have consulted a ouiji board before writing the OP.

wat

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Holy fuck.  :lulz:

The irony here is that if the ouija had given him something maginally less retarded, like "anlwrt" or "4skn", he probably wouldn't use it.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 24, 2012, 03:35:48 AM
http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php/topic,17742.msg582018.html#msg582018

wat

The irony here is that if the ouija had given him something maginally less retarded, like "anlwrt" or "4skn", he probably wouldn't use it.

My underpance...WRECKED!

:lulz: and  :horrormirth:

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 03:36:45 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 24, 2012, 03:35:48 AM

wat

My underpance...WRECKED!

:lulz: and  :horrormirth:

That's the WIND BENEATH YOUR WINGS.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 02:58:35 AM
Quote from: v3x on July 24, 2012, 02:54:55 AM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 02:49:32 AM
Every day for me, V3x, is a new experience in gifted morons.  You can't get rid of them, no matter how many condoms you sell, so you learn to appreciate them, like a fine bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.  Each has his/her own bouquet of stupidity.  This one in particular is a sassy vintage, with a minimal forehead and no frontal lobe aftertaste.

I give him a 6.

In fact, we should outlaw condoms and birth control altogether, because the only people who use them are people who are smart enough to use them. Instead, we should turn every window on every school bus into an emergency escape hatch, with a handle that looks exactly like a Snickers bar.

Or just have you, Nigel, and I write a parenting license exam.  If you fail it, you have to leave some organs at the desk.

That would prevent many social ills.  For example, people who think it's edgy or cool to have "wolf" as part of their name.

Let me at it.

It's against my ideals, but I'd be willing, just to see how it goes. :)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Vaud

I've only read page one, but the first thing I want to say is that I'm already in love with this thread, and I love the first post. 

The second is my rebuttal to the op, as much as I dig it, I DO come here for good writing.  Just like I go to my books for good writing.  I LOVE good writing.  There's a shitton of it here.  I'm not a good writer, and that's the primary reason I don't write here often, and I AM actually really fucking busy, and barely use the interwebs anymore. 

I love seeing this kind of provocation though, because aside from me and my involvement here, I'm always always glad to see what comes out of this site.  And shit!  Look at this, I am writing.  When I stop by and peruse here.... If it's stupid, I don't spend much time on it.  I can say that every time I come back, what I see is good fucking writing, and fucking inspiring ass shit.

Maybe someday I'll start writing things down more.  I don't feel passive.  I love life, I love living, and I think if anything I should probably calm the fuck down soon, because sooner or later, They are bound to catch up to what I'm doing. 
"Gee. He was just here a minute ago." -GC

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Vaud on July 24, 2012, 07:37:43 AM
I've only read page one, but the first thing I want to say is that I'm already in love with this thread, and I love the first post. 

The second is my rebuttal to the op, as much as I dig it, I DO come here for good writing.

So do I.

But if everyone does that, then there'll be nothing to read.  It's like Will Rogers said, only backwards:  "We can't all be heroes, because someone has to stand on the curb and clap as they go by."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 24, 2012, 07:09:12 AM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 02:58:35 AM
Quote from: v3x on July 24, 2012, 02:54:55 AM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 02:49:32 AM
Every day for me, V3x, is a new experience in gifted morons.  You can't get rid of them, no matter how many condoms you sell, so you learn to appreciate them, like a fine bottle of Mad Dog 20/20.  Each has his/her own bouquet of stupidity.  This one in particular is a sassy vintage, with a minimal forehead and no frontal lobe aftertaste.

I give him a 6.

In fact, we should outlaw condoms and birth control altogether, because the only people who use them are people who are smart enough to use them. Instead, we should turn every window on every school bus into an emergency escape hatch, with a handle that looks exactly like a Snickers bar.

Or just have you, Nigel, and I write a parenting license exam.  If you fail it, you have to leave some organs at the desk.

That would prevent many social ills.  For example, people who think it's edgy or cool to have "wolf" as part of their name.

Let me at it.

It's against my ideals, but I'd be willing, just to see how it goes. :)

Sometimes you have to sacrifice your ideals for The Perfect Stateā„¢.  Also, less stupid people in the parking lot.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 01:48:16 PM
Quote from: Vaud on July 24, 2012, 07:37:43 AM

The second is my rebuttal to the op, as much as I dig it, I DO come here for good writing.

So do I.

But if everyone does that, then there'll be nothing to read.  It's like Will Rogers said, only backwards:  "We can't all be heroes, because someone has to stand on the curb and clap as they go by."

Yep. If people just read and don't participate, the forum dies, and bye-bye entertainment. You don't have to be a good writer; just say something.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Payne

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 23, 2012, 10:35:07 PM
Also, that is an unfortunate stance to hold.  Society in theory is a good thing, but society in reality, at least the American one, which is the only one I know, in reality it allows the people who hold power to crush and terrorize the people who don't hold power.

Society is a lie held in common for all mankind. Not for the "good of", or even the "lesser of two evils of", more a comforting illusion of order and an understandable plan.

It has always been thus. It is not a weapon, nor is it a shield. It is the webs by which we blind ourselves to the darkest and most peripheral of threats. Not that there aren't people who manipulate society form the vantage point of The Big Picture for their own aims, it's just that ultimately those self same people have the same investment in not exposing The Lie.

It is a lie that we need a man to do a mans work. FOUR MORE YEARS is a lie. Earning a wage is a lie, and so is all money. Theism is a lie just as much as atheism. Advancement is a lie, along with enlightenment, resurrection and legacy. It is a lie that we go to school to learn anything but lying to ourselves and others. And it is a lie that you could, should or even would want to do anything about it.

The truth is out there, but from down here all you get is The TruthTM, and a shiv in the kidneys if you question it.

Freeky

Quote from: The Payne on July 24, 2012, 06:37:40 PM
Society is a lie held in common for all mankind. Not for the "good of", or even the "lesser of two evils of", more a comforting illusion of order and an understandable plan.

It has always been thus. It is not a weapon, nor is it a shield. It is the webs by which we blind ourselves to the darkest and most peripheral of threats. Not that there aren't people who manipulate society form the vantage point of The Big Picture for their own aims, it's just that ultimately those self same people have the same investment in not exposing The Lie.

It is a lie that we need a man to do a mans work. FOUR MORE YEARS is a lie. Earning a wage is a lie, and so is all money. Theism is a lie just as much as atheism. Advancement is a lie, along with enlightenment, resurrection and legacy. It is a lie that we go to school to learn anything but lying to ourselves and others. And it is a lie that you could, should or even would want to do anything about it.

The truth is out there, but from down here all you get is The TruthTM, and a shiv in the kidneys if you question it.

I know you're our Messiah and all, but I absolutely disagree with that.  Except the bit about money, that's true kind of.

Payne

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 24, 2012, 06:43:58 PM
Quote from: The Payne on July 24, 2012, 06:37:40 PM

I know you're our Messiah and all, but I absolutely disagree with that.  Except the bit about money, that's true kind of.

Heathen.

But anyway, these lies aren't bad (or good). They just are. They are the means by which we can effectively reduce individuals into statistics. By doing so we reduce the complexity of a large interconnected and interdependent network of individuals, such as any sizeable human population, into something "easy" to understand. We create society.

The simplest societies are the famed "pyramid" shaped ones. Yanno, one man on top (because God{s} put him there), several experts in fighting, praying and making money in the middle, and a huge mass of consumers, cannon fodder and other peasants.

It is a lie that God made The King, it is a Lie that the experts have any real expertise beyond a few lucky circumstances and an inherited fortune or two. And it is a lie that the peasants are faceless due to their sheer mass.

As society becomes more complex, so do the lies, and then we get to what I was saying.

That we can understand anything beyond what it is to be human within a large human population from this is certainly debatable, but that falsehood is the grease by which we keep "society" from seizing up is, I believe, not.