News:

PD.com: Better than a xylophone made out of live kittens that you play with a tazer.

Main Menu

Sermon # Whatever: I fucking hate you. Die.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 23, 2012, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 24, 2012, 07:11:04 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 24, 2012, 02:27:19 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 24, 2012, 01:48:16 PM
Quote from: Vaud on July 24, 2012, 07:37:43 AM
I've only read page one, but the first thing I want to say is that I'm already in love with this thread, and I love the first post. 

The second is my rebuttal to the op, as much as I dig it, I DO come here for good writing.

So do I.

But if everyone does that, then there'll be nothing to read.  It's like Will Rogers said, only backwards:  "We can't all be heroes, because someone has to stand on the curb and clap as they go by."

Yep. If people just read and don't participate, the forum dies, and bye-bye entertainment. You don't have to be a good writer; just say something.

This.

I'm not a writer. I suck. But I love talking with you guys. There's some minds here that are at least verging on great, and some minds that strike me as fucked up but are still up for a good scrap.There's always great info and entertainment here, and when it's dead there's a shit ton of old threads. Of course the current stuff is better because it's a reality check. There's a ton of misinformation and disinformation out there and if I'm not sure about something, I can post it and see how big of a hole gets poked in it. It's like a bunch of philosophers, scientists and crazies all came back to life and decided to fuck around on the internet almost 24/7.

But the thing is, if you don't say anything you might as well be watching TV. And you've GOT things to say because you're slogging through the post-Weird Times. Yeah, history repeats, but has anybody before us lived through shit like this?

It's ok. You can speak. You can tell people what's happening and not worry that people are going to think your life is so fucked up that they quit talking to you. Somebody here has has probably had an even more fucked up life at some point. You can say "HEY, FUCK YOU" and the worst case scenario is that you might get dogpiled. "ZOMG SOMEBODY MIGHT BE MEAN TO ME ON THE INTERNET"? You're going to let THAT stop you? Chances are you won't get modded or banned even if EVERYBODY HATES YOU. Which "everybody" probably won't. So WTF?

YES YES YES.

And you know, I don't WANT everyone to agree with me. I want people to rip my argument up and challenge my point and challenge ME to defend them better than they can attack them.

If I'm tearing apart your argument, it's because you posted something interesting enough to be read and challenging enough to be rebutted. That's GOOD, not bad.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Net on July 24, 2012, 11:29:51 PM
I woke up today to the hiss of helicopter rotors whirling just outside my window. Not the WHUMP-WHUMP-WHUMP of one a moderate distance away, this one was so close I could practically hear the pilot laughing at people with their windows open. Obama is in town, you see, and I live near a freeway, light rail line, and heavy freight tracks, so I suppose they were just making sure the Muslim Brotherhood hadn't formed a powerful alliance with a fixed gear phalanx of trustafarians somewhere along the president's route.

The chopper finally quit making passes over my house but I was too hot to go back to sleep. There is an unwelcoming committee planning to shout angrily and wave barely readable signs. I'm not going. He's not likely to notice and the secret service is. I've been careful about staying anonymous—not that I think I can evade detection if they REALLY want to get my info, but I'm not going to make it a simple matter of taking a photograph of my my face.

The other day I was at a protest with an obscured identity and a hand made sign. I wanted to get a better sense of how far away you can read it so I crossed an intersection. My estimate was about 40-50 feet, decent I thought. When I returned to my post, my friend informed me of the alarmed security guards that had emptied out of the nearby bank when I had obliviously approached it. We also had to walk through downtown to leave the site, masked with the protest sign, which scared the shit out of the bourgeois diners and induced nervous looks from the hotel doormen and lone suits on quiet streets. Amusing, but not the point.

The whole idea was not for people to notice me, but notice my message. That's what people hire me to do as a graphic designer and I appreciate being mostly invisible. I'm not one to talk much unless I feel like I've got something to say that hasn't been said. If writing for the sake of forum activity is going to be the new norm, I'm going to start posting pinealist nonsense, which I feel exemplifies the idea that activity is more important than communicating or even just listening. It's like disturbing people with your appearance instead of your message.

The President seems to have been timing his motorcade to interfere with my Max rides. He got me TWICE, both coming and going.

THANKS A LOT, OBAMA.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

wlfjstr

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 23, 2012, 10:29:38 PM
Quote from: wlfjstr on July 23, 2012, 10:24:15 PM
I'm a little troubled that you see yourself or others on this board as a 'superior mutant'.

You should seek help, if you're troubled.

Quote from: wlfjstr on July 23, 2012, 10:24:15 PM
Of course, if you're sure you're on the high ground, by all means look down and tell us what you see.

Absolute perfection.  Everything's GREAT, ALL THE TIME.  What COULD be wrong, in this best of all possible worlds?  It's not like the humans are ripping up the bottom of the lifeboat to make clubs to smack each other with, right?  Right right right?  Or that our economic system is being policed by thieves, worldwide?  That's just silly.

And it's not like the vast majority of humans would kill you if you tried to improve things, and in fact have consistently done exactly that, right?

No, humans are great.  I was totally kidding about the mutant thing. 

*burp*

Dumbass.

You choose your trip, whether it's the brown acid, koolaid, or communion wine, it's your choice.  It sounds to me like you choose to look at all the bad and surmise that the world is just a bad place.  That sounds to me alot like the curse of Gruad Greyface.

Most of the things you whine about happening in the world, are things that change slowly.  Nearly all of them are things that have improved throughout history improving most people's lot.  The 'theives' that run our economy are better by leaps and bounds than the 'theives' who ran our economies 150 years ago.  These things are changing for the better, and it is important that people continue to strive for their improvement, and improvements have been made.

Sure, there is lots of bad in the world, but there are a lot of good things, too.  I personally try to keep in mind all the bad that people can do, and then focus on the good I see, and can create.  If you want to get angry and holler, that's great, too.  But I'm under no obligation to join your revolution.

Sir Bearington

wlfjstr

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 23, 2012, 10:35:07 PM
Learn to [/tag], wlfjstr.

Also, that is an unfortunate stance to hold.  Society in theory is a good thing, but society in reality, at least the American one, which is the only one I know, in reality it allows the people who hold power to crush and terrorize the people who don't hold power.

Realizing that you have a voice and using it is a way to fight against the reality of societal power, given enough voices. 

"Allowing billions of people the chance to work together to create something bigger than themselves?"  Well, that would be nice, in theory, if there weren't a small but vocal (there's some people who've found their voice) percentage of the population who want you to be re-educated, or jailed, or killed, simply because you don't believe the same things they do.  Their vocalness serves the people who hold power, and the people who hold power tell the people who tell people things to tell the people with no power that this is what most people want, and then most people, who don't think they have a voice, go along with it because they don't use their voice.

Edit for sentence completion.

Yeah, I should have used the preview button at the very least, to see the error beforehand.

I don't believe my stance is that unfortunate.  I have been blessed with some of the best things this world has to offer, it has given me the chances, that others don't have, to grow as a person, and to help others as I am able.  I just don't see the point in yelling at people to change.

Society isn't a theory, or a good thing, it's just a thing.  American society (a subset of the greater human society?) is flawed, just as everything we humans do is flawed, but as I responded on the other comment, it has improved.  When was the last time a company hired a bunch of thugs to kill strikers here?  the 1930's?  In the 1930's, if a priest abused you as a child, what were the chances the priest would pay for his crime?

There has always been that small vocal group who thinks they know the right way, and sometimes they get in power.  But then another group sees what's wrong with the first group, and they become the group who thinks they know the right way, they fight altruisticially for their goal, and when they get power...
It's a vicious circle, that we apparently learn from very slowly.

There is another small group that is nearly as vocal fighting against the injustices that continue.  I believe the direction society goes is a product of the interplay between these groups and all the others (even those whose voices you don't hear).  It is exceedingly unclear to me which one is right over the other.  Each side has salient points at one time or another, and determining truth, for me anyway, is a tricky endeavour.   I think you should count yourself lucky, if you are sure of the right path in all these things, then count yourself lucky.  Faith in your convictions is a powerful bulwark.

SexyFish

<3

Sir Bearington

Humans will only ever die out if the enviroment screws them over big time, or they destroy each other.

Or alternatively, Aliens

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wlfjstr on July 25, 2012, 03:31:32 PM
I don't believe my stance is that unfortunate.

Of course not.  Anyone who disagrees with you is obviously on acid, right?

Fuck off, shitneck.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wlfjstr on July 25, 2012, 03:20:07 PM

You choose your trip, whether it's the brown acid, koolaid, or communion wine, it's your choice.  It sounds to me like you choose to look at all the bad and surmise that the world is just a bad place.  That sounds to me alot like the curse of Gruad Greyface.

Oh, awesome.  Tell me all about being a REALLY REAL DISCORDIAN FOR REALNESS, PLS!

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 04:09:20 PM

Fuck off, shitneck.

Would there be enough acid to go round?  :|

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 04:10:50 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 04:09:20 PM

Fuck off, shitneck.

Would there be enough acid to go round?  :|

Yeah.  The acid reactor in our plant just blew out AGAIN.  You can have all the HCl you want.

The Good Reverend Roger

I see wlfjstr's pantywaist ass has posted and ran again.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 04:16:32 PM

I just had the chase music from "the dukes of hazard" come rolling into my head as i read that.

It was awsome.   :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 04:17:45 PM

I just had the chase music from "the dukes of hazard" come rolling into my head as i read that.

Fact:  If you let me run behind a bush, I can jump right over a squad car.  With no ramp.

:pope:

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 04:19:04 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 04:17:45 PM

Fact:  If you let me run behind a bush, I can jump right over a squad car.  With no ramp.

:pope:

The ironic thing with that meme is that if it was magic, the pope would be executed for witchcraft or alteast questioned by religious officials and forced to step down.

My theory is that the bushes are very springy where they are.