News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "I've always, always regarded the Discordians as being people who chose to be Discordians because they can't be arsed to actually do any work to develop a relationship with a specific deity, they were too wishy-washy to choose just one path, and they just want to be a mishmash of everything and not have to work at learning about rituals or traditions or any such thing as that."

Main Menu

Sermon # Whatever: I fucking hate you. Die.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, July 23, 2012, 08:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 07:14:25 PM
Quote from: Phox, Mistress of Many Names on July 25, 2012, 07:11:43 PM
I leave for a couple days and this happens. WHY DOES THIS ALWAYS HAPPEN WHEN I'M GONE? THANKS A LOT, OBAMA! :argh!:

I poomped on the carpet again.   :sad:
I KNOW, AND I MISSED IT! YOU HAVE ALL THE FUN, ROGER!  :crankey:

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:43:16 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:29:46 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:28:27 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:19:53 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:19:05 PM
It's not really a grudge if he has a wolf-something name. From a ouija board. 

It's THURPY.  :lulz:

I have anger issues.  I NEED that thurpy.

:sad:

I thought you were dishing it out?  :lol:

No, that would imply that I wanted to help wlfjstr.  I don't.  I in fact want bad things to happen to him.  A prolapse, for example.  Or maybe gall stones.

TWID: SEND BEDBUGS

Oh, wow.

Brilliant.

Diabolical.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

wlfjstr

The brown acid is a reference to a quote from the original woodstock. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brown%20acid

I was referring to the third definition given in the link. "3. Something that was supposed to be pleasurable but turned out nightmarish."

There was no intent to accuse you of any specific act of any kind.  I did not mean to devalue your opinion.  It is a valid opinion.

I do maintain that it is largely negative in nature.  That's ok with me, but I try to keep more positive about things.  The point of my post was to show that contrast.  I thought the brown acid metaphor was appropriate, because it addressed how people can choose to have a negative experience if they want and nobody can stop them.

I expect part of this misunderstanding is due to vastly dissimilar experiences.  I don't think that should keep us from being able to along though.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 26, 2012, 02:57:41 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:43:16 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:29:46 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:28:27 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:19:53 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:19:05 PM
It's not really a grudge if he has a wolf-something name. From a ouija board. 

It's THURPY.  :lulz:

I have anger issues.  I NEED that thurpy.

:sad:

I thought you were dishing it out?  :lol:

No, that would imply that I wanted to help wlfjstr.  I don't.  I in fact want bad things to happen to him.  A prolapse, for example.  Or maybe gall stones.

TWID: SEND BEDBUGS

Oh, wow.

Brilliant.

Diabolical.

Such a shame that with the invention of the hoover and other things to aid cleanliness the bedbugs are going down in number and one day may be infact a endangered species.

Phox

I'd like to point out that you are completely misusing that metaphor. Let's just look at it, shall we? Your use of "brown acid" is to indicate that somethign was supposed to be positive and turned out negative. Okay, fine. BUT you go on to say
Quote from: wlfjstrI thought the brown acid metaphor was appropriate, because it addressed how people can choose to have a negative experience if they want and nobody can stop them.
implying that it is the attitude of a person that dictates whether or not the experience was positive or negative. Well, I hate to tell you, but "brown acid" indicates the opposite of that. Unless you're saying that TDRR, or whomever else you are referring to a deliberately choosing to have negative experiences. But then, if that's the case "brown acid" is rather specific and completely inappropriate.

eta: Quote fail. Gotta watch that shit. :lulz:

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Phox, Mistress of Many Names on July 26, 2012, 02:23:48 PM
I'd like to point out that you are completely misusing that metaphor. Let's just look at it, shall we? Your use of "brown acid" is to indicate that somethign was supposed to be positive and turned out negative. Okay, fine. BUT you go on to say [quote author=wlfjstr link=topic=32870.msg1193516#msg1193516   I thought the brown acid metaphor was appropriate, because it addressed how people can choose to have a negative experience if they want and nobody can stop them.
implying that it is the attitude of a person that dictates whether or not the experience was positive or negative. Well, I hate to tell you, but "brown acid" indicates the opposite of that. Unless you're saying that TDRR, or whomever else you are referring to a deliberately choosing to have negative experiences. But then, if that's the case "brown acid" is rather specific and completely inappropriate.
[/quote]

It sounds like somebody has dropped LSD into a cowpat during a music festival to me.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wlfjstr on July 26, 2012, 02:11:38 PM
The brown acid is a reference to a quote from the original woodstock. http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=brown%20acid

I was referring to the third definition given in the link. "3. Something that was supposed to be pleasurable but turned out nightmarish."

There was no intent to accuse you of any specific act of any kind.  I did not mean to devalue your opinion.  It is a valid opinion.

I do maintain that it is largely negative in nature.  That's ok with me, but I try to keep more positive about things.  The point of my post was to show that contrast.  I thought the brown acid metaphor was appropriate, because it addressed how people can choose to have a negative experience if they want and nobody can stop them.

I expect part of this misunderstanding is due to vastly dissimilar experiences.  I don't think that should keep us from being able to along though.

1.  I'm aware of what "the brown acid" is.  I have running sores older than you.

2.  What pissed me off was the incredibly condescending manner of your post, and the passive-aggressive follow ups.

3.  I'll let this go.  You might consider reading your posts from the other guy's POV before posting.  It is entirely possible to get your point across without sounding like you're talking to a 10 year old.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

wlfjstr

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 02:57:18 PM
1.  I'm aware of what "the brown acid" is.  I have running sores older than you.

2.  What pissed me off was the incredibly condescending manner of your post, and the passive-aggressive follow ups.

3.  I'll let this go.  You might consider reading your posts from the other guy's POV before posting.  It is entirely possible to get your point across without sounding like you're talking to a 10 year old.

I'll take you at your word that you are ancient, but I find it hard to believe that you are that much older than I.  Not that it matters.

I think these kinds of forums make it excruciatingly easy to both give and take offense.  I rarely intend to give offense, and I do my best to not take it.  I'm not always perfect at either.

I've always tried to consider both my audience and my message when writing.  Perhaps I've misread this audience, perhaps I'm much more abrasive than I thought.  But in general, I will stand by what I've written and will try to clarify if I haven't communicated my intent appropriately.  In a place where the meaning of words is debated regularly, I would imagine this is necessary frequently.  I can see how my post could have been taken that way, and it sounds like you respect that it wasn't my intention.  I'm more than happy to consider constructive criticism, and will do my best to heed your recommendations.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: wlfjstr on July 26, 2012, 03:59:16 PM

I'll take you at your word that you are ancient, but I find it hard to believe that you are that much older than I.  Not that it matters.

My VD scabs have age spots.

I think these kinds of forums make it excruciatingly easy to both give and take offense.  I rarely intend to give offense, and I do my best to not take it.  I'm not always perfect at either.

It's really simple, actually.  You write your post, then read it over to make sure it says WHAT you want to say, in the WAY you planned to say it.

Forums by their nature leave out all visual cues to communication.  Sometimes people even find ME abrasive, which is funny considering that I am the kindest, most considerate bastard on the interbutt supermarket.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 26, 2012, 04:33:41 PM

My VD scabs have age spots.

It's really simple, actually.  You write your post, then read it over to make sure it says WHAT you want to say, in the WAY you planned to say it.

Forums by their nature leave out all visual cues to communication.  Sometimes people even find ME abrasive, which is funny considering that I am the kindest, most considerate bastard on the interbutt supermarket.

I'm sure that i may come across as a total arsehole when I'm not intending to be.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Virtually EVERYBODY knows about the brown acid. Movies, dipschiltz. Pop culture references. Fuck, my daughter has ringtones of older shit than Woodstock.

QuoteI think these kinds of forums make it excruciatingly easy to both give and take offense.  I rarely intend to give offense, and I do my best to not take it.  I'm not always perfect at either.

I've always tried to consider both my audience and my message when writing.  Perhaps I've misread this audience, perhaps I'm much more abrasive than I thought.  But in general, I will stand by what I've written and will try to clarify if I haven't communicated my intent appropriately.  In a place where the meaning of words is debated regularly, I would imagine this is necessary frequently.  I can see how my post could have been taken that way, and it sounds like you respect that it wasn't my intention.  I'm more than happy to consider constructive criticism, and will do my best to heed your recommendations.

I think it goes beyond semantics, but we'll see what happens. *sigh*
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Epimetheus

@OP

Why is being quiet akin to being weak or a good doggie?

memamo mo mommi mi mmemi mimo oom mom ma. <-- that's the result of me not having anything to say but doin' it anyway! WOOHOO!
POST-SINGULARITY POCKET ORGASM TOAD OF RIGHTEOUSNESS

Luna

Quote from: Epimetheus on July 27, 2012, 12:05:44 AM
@OP

memamo mo mommi mi mmemi mimo oom mom ma. <-- that's the result of me not having anything to say but doin' it anyway! WOOHOO!

Being quiet isn't being weak...  Failing to speak up when some asshole is stepping on your foot is being weak.
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

@OP

¡Viva la Revolución pineal, compañero!

:walken:
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

@OP

Because I told you to THINK FOR YOURSELF.

NOW SHUT UP AND SAY SOMETHING!