News:

It's a bad decade to be bipedal, soft and unarmed.

Main Menu

Advances in artificially made organisms

Started by Sir Bearington, July 24, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 12, 2015, 02:09:47 PM
Will it be possible to make a transgenic modification out of all humans and add wings or gills? Also make it compulsory for everybody. Imagine if all humans could have wings, gills or be amphibious. Take the wing, gill or amphibious gene from an albatross, fish or frog/toad and add it into the human genes. There, why do they refuse to try that?

Imagine all humans with wings being able to fly around skyscrapers, even go inside them without taking the bottom entrance. Fly straight to your bank or work and etc.

Whatever school graduated you should be ashamed.

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 12, 2015, 02:27:10 PM
Will it be possible to make a transgenic modification out of all humans and add wings or gills? Also make it compulsory for everybody. Imagine if all humans could have wings, gills or be amphibious. Take the wing, gill or amphibious gene from an albatross, fish or frog/toad and add it into the human genes. There, why do they refuse to try that?

Imagine all humans with wings being able to fly around skyscrapers, even go inside them without taking the bottom entrance. Fly straight to your bank or work and etc.

Howcome its possible?: http://www.actionbioscience.org/biotechnology/margawati.html

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 12, 2015, 02:29:30 PM

Howcome its possible?: http://www.actionbioscience.org/biotechnology/margawati.html

Site's refusing to load for me. Care to quote the passage?

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 12, 2015, 02:37:44 PM

Too long to copy and paste. Wikipedia has a page on it too, try that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 12, 2015, 02:49:15 PM

Too long to copy and paste. Wikipedia has a page on it too, try that: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetically_modified_organism

I hope you get hit by seven buses.

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 12, 2015, 02:52:28 PM
Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 12, 2015, 02:49:15 PM

I hope you get hit by seven buses.
Read the edited post above your reply.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Well, unfortunately for you, the page finally loaded for me.

There's nothing in there about humans with gills or wings AT ALL, and do you know why that is? BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A GODDAMNED "WINGS" GENE.

Wings are complex structures that take (I'm ballparking here) millions of genes to build, and they're built out of shit you're already using for other things: your goddamned arms. Oh, and if you want them to work that means you need feathers which, protip, are most likely modified teeth genes, so say goodbye to your choppers. Also you weigh too goddamned much, so either you need to be smaller (more changes!) or have hollow bones (mammals haven't had that shit in EVER, so good luck finding a way to make that work). And of course to power the wings you need completely different chest muscles, so just add that to your list of shit you need to change. ON TOP OF THE MILLIONS FOR THE WING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You want gills too? You know that fancy jaw thing you have? Say goodbye to it. Yeah, fish and amphibians have mouths and gills, but your jaw has all kinds of extra parts they don't and that all comes from modified gill genes.

Genes are like lego instructions. You can swap a couple things out here and there to get different pieces of things you need, but if you start trying to recreate part of a castle inside your star wars set you're going to end up with a mess and not enough pieces to finish anything.

And next time you run your mouth like an idiot, make sure the thing you link to actually backs up your nonsense.

ChaosAdvocate

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 12, 2015, 03:20:51 PM

There's nothing in there about humans with gills or wings AT ALL, and do you know why that is? BECAUSE THERE ISN'T A GODDAMNED "WINGS" GENE.

Wings are complex structures that take (I'm ballparking here) millions of genes to build, and they're built out of shit you're already using for other things: your goddamned arms. Oh, and if you want them to work that means you need feathers which, protip, are most likely modified teeth genes, so say goodbye to your choppers. Also you weigh too goddamned much, so either you need to be smaller (more changes!) or have hollow bones (mammals haven't had that shit in EVER, so good luck finding a way to make that work). And of course to power the wings you need completely different chest muscles, so just add that to your list of shit you need to change. ON TOP OF THE MILLIONS FOR THE WING IN THE FIRST PLACE.

You want gills too? You know that fancy jaw thing you have? Say goodbye to it. Yeah, fish and amphibians have mouths and gills, but your jaw has all kinds of extra parts they don't and that all comes from modified gill genes.

Genes are like lego instructions. You can swap a couple things out here and there to get different pieces of things you need, but if you start trying to recreate part of a castle inside your star wars set you're going to end up with a mess and not enough pieces to finish anything.

And next time you run your mouth like an idiot, make sure the thing you link to actually backs up your nonsense.
I did not mention the article saying it can be done to humans. I am saying that if they can take gene traits from one species and put it into another, it works and modifies them. Its never been tried on humans for some reason and idk why but on animals. For the gills, wings or amphibian suggestion I just think it would be quite interesting to try to take those traits and experiment on humans in the name of greatness/just to see what happens or how it turns out.

Q. G. Pennyworth

Quote from: ChaosAdvocate on September 12, 2015, 03:40:17 PM

I did not mention the article saying it can be done to humans. I am saying that if they can take gene traits from one species and put it into another, it works and modifies them. Its never been tried on humans for some reason and idk why but on animals. For the gills, wings or amphibian suggestion I just think it would be quite interesting to try to take those traits and experiment on humans in the name of greatness/just to see what happens or how it turns out.

BECAUSE YOU WOULD MAKE HORRIBLE STILLBORN MONSTROSITIES.

I'm going to assume you're 18 or 19 because son, you have LITERALLY NO CONCEPT of human suffering.

Prelate Diogenes Shandor

The flight dynamics wouldn't work. We're too bulky
Praise NHGH! For the tribulation of all sentient beings.

a plague on both your houses -Mercutio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrTGgpWmdZQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVWd7nPjJH8

It is an unfortunate fact that every man who seeks to disseminate knowledge must contend not only against ignorance itself, but against false instruction as well. No sooner do we deem ourselves free from a particularly gross superstition, than we are confronted by some enemy to learning who would plunge us back into the darkness -H.P.Lovecraft

He who fights with monsters must take care lest he thereby become a monster -Nietzsche

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHhrZgojY1Q

You are a fluke of the universe, and whether you can hear it of not the universe is laughing behind your back -Deteriorata

Don't use the email address in my profile, I lost the password years ago

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Q. G. Pennyworth on September 12, 2015, 06:01:34 PM

I'm going to assume you're 18 or 19 because son, you have LITERALLY NO CONCEPT of human suffering.

I'm gonna guess 15 and kinda stupid.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

No. With the technology we currently have, it's not possible.

You're welcome.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 06:55:44 PM

A Rachel Haywire fan, unless I miss my guess.
Molon Lube

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Doktor Howl on September 12, 2015, 07:19:05 PM
Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 06:55:44 PM

A Rachel Haywire fan, unless I miss my guess.

Christ, that banal piece of shit. I think the thing I like least about her, out of all the things to mildly dislike, is that she doesn't know what "neoliberal" means but she insists on using it anyway. Incorrectly. It's kind of amazing that someone can have so many opinions while having so little education.

Doktor Howl

Quote from: Mesozoic Mister Nigel on September 12, 2015, 09:22:38 PM
Christ, that banal piece of shit. I think the thing I like least about her, out of all the things to mildly dislike, is that she doesn't know what "neoliberal" means but she insists on using it anyway. Incorrectly. It's kind of amazing that someone can have so many opinions while having so little education.

While you were gone, she resurfaced on TWJ's facebook discordian page, talking about the failure of the free market system.  She then hit me up for "funding" for a "project" she wanted to launch (details hazy, seemed to involve drugs and parties leading to profit).  She was so insistent that I buggered off and trolled TCC for old time's sake.

Apparently, a week later, someone gave her money for drugs, because she was back doing the libertarian thing, and called me a "communist" for suggesting banks don't have our best interest at heart.

:lulz:

So I blocked her and unblocked her, so she wouldn't show up in my feed.
Molon Lube