News:

There's a sucker born every minute... and you are right on time.

Main Menu

Advances in artificially made organisms

Started by Sir Bearington, July 24, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:28:22 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:26:31 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:10:03 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 06:07:09 PM
Warmer climate equals less food availability? Makes sense to me.

Also what do caves in spain have to do with timing and reasons for extinction?

You have to remember that kids these days get their education from sound bites on the interbutts.

It gets kinda fragmented and nonsensical.

Sound bites, and the school system.  :horrormirth:

School system's fine.  It's the fact that 90% of the parents won't hold up their end that cripples it.

Oh, and republican governors and legislators defunding them, too.

And banning history that "glorifies those people".

Of course there's always THE HISTORY CHANNEL.

TEH HISTORY OF UFOs!

:walken:

PO'BUCKERS FIXING UP OLD CARS!
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:29:20 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:28:22 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:26:31 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:23:12 PM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 06:21:31 PM
Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 06:10:03 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 06:07:09 PM
Warmer climate equals less food availability? Makes sense to me.

Also what do caves in spain have to do with timing and reasons for extinction?

You have to remember that kids these days get their education from sound bites on the interbutts.

It gets kinda fragmented and nonsensical.

Sound bites, and the school system.  :horrormirth:

School system's fine.  It's the fact that 90% of the parents won't hold up their end that cripples it.

Oh, and republican governors and legislators defunding them, too.

And banning history that "glorifies those people".

Of course there's always THE HISTORY CHANNEL.

TEH HISTORY OF UFOs!

:walken:

PO'BUCKERS FIXING UP OLD CARS!

NOSTRADUMBASS!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

GUNS!

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/

Ok, to be fair, that show is pretty cool.  It's like one of those cooking competition shows, but with awesome guns.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 25, 2012, 06:31:59 PM
GUNS!

http://www.history.com/shows/top-shot/

Ok, to be fair, that show is pretty cool.  It's like one of those cooking competition shows, but with awesome guns.

Like Iron Chef with Uzis?

That would kinda rock.  I'd like to see ECH do a cooking show with firearms.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

Sadly, no food prep is actually involved.

They take 16 marksmen (markspeople?), show them a weapon (from hand-cranked Gattling guns to 21st century speed pistols to slingshots to cannons), and then they see who's the best shot in various scenarios, targets, on foot or in vehicle, inverted, you name it.  The one who's the worst shot is out.  Eventually, they go to a head-to-head competition that uses most of the weapons from previous challenges.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 25, 2012, 06:37:51 PM
Sadly, no food prep is actually involved.

They take 16 marksmen (markspeople?), show them a weapon (from hand-cranked Gattling guns to 21st century speed pistols to slingshots to cannons), and then they see who's the best shot in various scenarios, targets, on foot or in vehicle, inverted, you name it.  The one who's the worst shot is out.  Eventually, they go to a head-to-head competition that uses most of the weapons from previous challenges.

Head-to-head?  Like they actually shoot at each other? 

I think I just found Jesus.

Sir Bearington

I'd like to see cooking shows done in former historical ways, where you can cook your meat by placing it on a saddle and riding nonstop until it is tender, Hun-style.

LMNO

Sorry to keep playing the straight man, but no... they don't shoot at each other.

Would make for a much better show, though.

The Good Reverend Roger

Sir Bearington

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 25, 2012, 06:45:26 PM
Sorry to keep playing the straight man, but no... they don't shoot at each other.

Would make for a much better show, though.

Is such a shame that the infamously and diabolical health and safety inspectors win over the cries of the public.

Freeky

Sorry to disrupt the thread drift (which is infinitely more interesting, guns are awesome), but I really am curious what his what-if scenario has to do with anything.  I mean, what's the point of saying "Humans aren't so great, because what if we didn't have that thing that made us great?"

LMNO

Pseudo-intellectual jackassery, I'd imagine.

Freeky

Probably, but I want him to defend why he thinks it's important at all.  It's just mind bendingly dumb and pointless to me, and I wish to know his thoughts.

I mean, it's the sort of thing people talk about when they're high on Roger's inflamed ballsack. (I miss the word filter.  Does anyone remember the ECH one?  I forgot it. :( )

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 25, 2012, 08:42:39 PM
Sorry to disrupt the thread drift (which is infinitely more interesting, guns are awesome), but I really am curious what his what-if scenario has to do with anything.  I mean, what's the point of saying "Humans aren't so great, because what if we didn't have that thing that made us great?"

Well if we weren't here, something else would take our place.

Freeky

Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 25, 2012, 08:50:06 PM
Quote from: The Freeky of SCIENCE! on July 25, 2012, 08:42:39 PM

Well if we weren't here, something else would take our place.

And?  You posited that humans aren't great, special, or particularly dangerous.  Defend your claim.