News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Advances in artificially made organisms

Started by Sir Bearington, July 24, 2012, 07:55:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 04:56:39 PM
Other adaptations- sweat glands and largely hairless bodies. Opposable thumbs. Speech. Instinctual willingness to eat practically anything. Efficient use of calorie intake. The only things that really make us weak is our sense of smell which was sacrificed for... And get this... Increased cranial capacity. Thats right. Our one major weakness is only there to make room for our major strength which allowed us to trick wolves into doing all the smelling for us.

Also, we taste bad.  No shit.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Yeah- i hear that when we dont taste bad we taste bland too. Were nonvegan tofu.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 05:04:02 PM
Yeah- i hear that when we dont taste bad we taste bland too. Were nonvegan tofu.

Sharks spit your leg out after biting it off.

The bitch of it is, they thought you were a seal.  Or Joey Vitone.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 04:54:56 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 04:53:04 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 25, 2012, 04:36:07 PM
Quote from: Trollbear on July 25, 2012, 02:56:25 PM
humans are glorified monkey's that in natures terms should not exist and are only good because they are smartarses.

There i said it.

Yeah, and?

The fact that if you strip humans of our primary adaptive trait it would leave us defenseless is relevant to what, exactly?

Badgers obviously

AND WHAT IF BADGERS DIDN'T HAVE GILLS?  HUH?  WHAT THEN, SMART GUY?

Cross bred badger sharks.

Nephew Twiddleton

:lulz: i think i read somewhere that the only predator that doesnt mind us are lions and judging from assyrian wall carvings we didnt let them carry on with that for very long.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 05:12:36 PM
:lulz: i think i read somewhere that the only predator that doesnt mind us are lions and judging from assyrian wall carvings we didnt let them carry on with that for very long.

Lions would also be a candidate for a predator suitable for the glorified and primitive "weaponized ape"

Nephew Twiddleton

No. First theyre felines not apes. Secondly having hands requires adaptation to arboreal life. Hands are needed to make spears.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 05:17:22 PM
No. First theyre felines not apes. Secondly having hands requires adaptation to arboreal life. Hands are needed to make spears.

No, no, no i missed out candidate for predation of the ape.

Silly me, ill have to rectify that issue.

Nephew Twiddleton

African tribes kill lions for fun. Potential predator doesnt mean actual one.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 05:26:09 PM

So far as I know, there are only 4 land animals that eat humans as "regular" prey.

And they are all predators where prey is scarce.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 25, 2012, 05:29:54 PM
Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 05:26:09 PM

So far as I know, there are only 4 land animals that eat humans as "regular" prey.

And they are all predators where prey is scarce.

Humans are so plentyful.

Makes sense.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Sir Bearington

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on July 25, 2012, 05:32:40 PM
THE DINGOS ATE MY BAYBEEEEEEE!!!!!

Serves you right by offering a sacrifice to our superiors of a newborn child.

Nephew Twiddleton

Ok tb- lets put it this way. We may have killed off thousands of species in the last 40000 years some of them significantly larger than us. But as you said we had a technological advantage. Well. What if there was a species that was about as intelligent as us stronger than us and had the same level of technology? Oh yeah there were those neanderthal guys too. Oops.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Bruce Twiddleton on July 25, 2012, 05:39:16 PM
Ok tb- lets put it this way. We may have killed off thousands of species in the last 40000 years some of them significantly larger than us. But as you said we had a technological advantage. Well. What if there was a species that was about as intelligent as us stronger than us and had the same level of technology? Oh yeah there were those neanderthal guys too. Oops.

Neanderthals couldnt cope with enviromental changes and rapidly depleting recources.