News:

FUCK YOU! MY UNCLE SAM DIED FROM NOT USING FACTS!

Main Menu

Gravitational motion power generators around planets.

Started by Sir Bearington, July 25, 2012, 02:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: guryaf on July 25, 2012, 11:33:23 PM
Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 25, 2012, 02:36:57 PM
Command module with about 67000 monitoring the entire planet

wut

DON'T FIGHT THE STUPID, NEW GUY!  YOU'LL GET BRAIN BUBBLES!
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 25, 2012, 11:06:32 PM
Quote from: v3x on July 25, 2012, 10:51:02 PM
THE IDEA PROPOSED IN THE O.P. IS PREPOSTEROUS. Mostly, this is because of physics, with a goodly portion of its impossibility being attributable to logistics. I say this not because I am a brilliant physicist, or because I have mastered all the myriad arguments against this idea, but because if such a thing were possible, Congress would have prohibited it by now.

Nothing would get done if people just said that something no matter how blatent was impossible.

Tell that to the revolutionary inventors, scientists and engineers who pushed the boundaries of what we know in the name of progress.

Theres a lot to be said for setting your mind to a task. There is also the first step of inventors, scientists and engineers:
Researching the topic at hand.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Faust on July 25, 2012, 11:54:14 PM
Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 25, 2012, 11:06:32 PM
Quote from: v3x on July 25, 2012, 10:51:02 PM
THE IDEA PROPOSED IN THE O.P. IS PREPOSTEROUS. Mostly, this is because of physics, with a goodly portion of its impossibility being attributable to logistics. I say this not because I am a brilliant physicist, or because I have mastered all the myriad arguments against this idea, but because if such a thing were possible, Congress would have prohibited it by now.

Nothing would get done if people just said that something no matter how blatent was impossible.

Tell that to the revolutionary inventors, scientists and engineers who pushed the boundaries of what we know in the name of progress.

Theres a lot to be said for setting your mind to a task. There is also the first step of inventors, scientists and engineers:
Researching the topic at hand.

Never forget drunk science to help you do the impossible.

LMNO

Sir Bearington

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 26, 2012, 04:12:53 PM
A summary of this thread so far:

Oddly enough that is a large actual factor of many scientific breakthroughs.

Faust

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Faust on July 26, 2012, 04:24:00 PM
Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 26, 2012, 04:14:00 PM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on July 26, 2012, 04:12:53 PM
A summary of this thread so far:

Oddly enough that is a large actual factor of many scientific breakthroughs.

No.

Sometimes you can't just make stuff happen.

You just have to put stuff together and see what the result is at the other end. Maybe all the results will be useless failure but once, maybe just once there will be abnormality and you will make a breakthrough.

Take the higgs boson particle in the large hadron collider, nobody thought it really existed and through what can only be called a miracle they actually found it.

Faust

Calling it a miracle is an insult to the people working on the project, the people who postulated it and the countless people involved in getting that hardware up to the point that it could be used in this field.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Faust on July 26, 2012, 04:38:34 PM
Calling it a miracle is an insult to the people working on the project, the people who postulated it and the countless people involved in getting that hardware up to the point that it could be used in this field.

Im sure there is a large majority of hard work and effort that goes into those projects but sometimes chance just plays a role.

Faust

Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 26, 2012, 04:40:03 PM

Im sure there is a large majority of hard work and effort that goes into those projects but sometimes chance just plays a role.
If you had said Luck I wouldn't have a problem with it. You said miracle.

Sir Bearington

Quote from: Faust on July 26, 2012, 04:41:16 PM

Both the same thing, trust me i know from experience.

Faust

Quote from: Sir Bearington on July 26, 2012, 04:47:20 PM
Quote from: Faust on July 26, 2012, 04:41:16 PM

Both the same thing, trust me i know from experience.
*vomits*