News:

PD.com: We'll make you an offer you can't understand.

Main Menu

Collected Intermittens in print?

Started by Mesozoic Mister Nigel, July 29, 2012, 06:34:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

I don't see why not.  You've got this thread as a warning, in case anyone doesn't like it.

If they haven't spoken up in 30 days, then I'd say you're in the clear.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Faust

I would definitely announce it and give the relevant people a few days to object. People agreed for the free use of their work for the individual issue but some were explicitly non profit. Each issue had different stuff associated with it.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on July 30, 2012, 07:16:07 PM
I would definitely announce it and give the relevant people a few days to object. People agreed for the free use of their work for the individual issue but some were explicitly non profit. Each issue had different stuff associated with it.

Um, this thread is an announcement.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

LMNO

If I've got anything in there, it's ok to use.

Faust

Quote from: The Dead Reverend Roger on July 30, 2012, 07:20:37 PM

I'd post it where Cram and the other editors might see it, even if only Facebook Discordia.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on July 30, 2012, 07:56:25 PM

I'd post it where Cram and the other editors might see it, even if only Facebook Discordia.

Not a bad idea...It's what I would do.

However, the content was produced here, and if someone is camping out at FB/D and refuses to come here, I wouldn't start screaming about someone else's differing opinion.

This isn't like taking someone's work and including it in another effort, or charging for that work.  It's the same stuff as before, collected together in order, and sold for the cost of the printing, for someone who would like a hardcopy.

So, yeah...Not a bad idea to post it at FB/D, but not precisely necessary.

Faust

Yeah that makes sense. The only one who doesn't have access is Captain Utopia. I can email him if no one else has a contact.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

OK then, I am going to announce it on FB/D, and Faust, if you wouldn't mind emailing CU to let him know, I will plan to put it together while I'm on leave a month from now.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

AFK

Jenne and Khara contributed to my issue, I'm not sure if they are on Facebook or not.

Other no-longer-active PD contributors to my issue include Enki, IO, and Manta Obscura.  Not sure where those cats hang out either. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Gen. Disregard on July 30, 2012, 08:38:53 PM
Jenne and Khara contributed to my issue, I'm not sure if they are on Facebook or not.

Other no-longer-active PD contributors to my issue include Enki, IO, and Manta Obscura.  Not sure where those cats hang out either.

Enki is here.

And an announcement on the two sites should be sufficient.  No change in the original permissions is being requested.

Faust

Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 30, 2012, 08:27:56 PM
OK then, I am going to announce it on FB/D, and Faust, if you wouldn't mind emailing CU to let him know, I will plan to put it together while I'm on leave a month from now.

I've emailed him there. If he has a problem with it I might get him to contact you directly rather then acting like a mediator.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on July 30, 2012, 09:35:22 PM
Quote from: PROFOUNDLY RETARDED CHARLIE MANSON on July 30, 2012, 08:27:56 PM

I've emailed him there. If he has a problem with it I might get him to contact you directly rather then acting like a mediator.

That's totally reasonable, feel free to give him my email address.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Placid Dingo

I gathered pretty wide. I'll check my contributor list when I can
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

tyrannosaurus vex

THIS IS A GREAT IDEA! But I demand you sell it at Cost Plus My 10%.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Placid Dingo

Actually also just to say;

If I provide content, generally, (I'm down with this project) I'll be pretty pissed is ANYONE makes money. Including Lulu. And as far as I'm concerned Lulu's profits from printing my content, is Lulu's profit from my content. So I don't think 'Its Intermittens so it's sure to be OK' is a forgone conclusion.

Cain was the most opposed to commercial application in previous discussions; someone might need to message him over at postmodern prince.

I also have CC non commercial Flickr images and XKCD in mine.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.