News:

For my part, I've replaced optimism and believing the best of people by default with a grin and the absolute 100% certainty that if they cannot find a pig to fuck, they will buy some bacon and play oinking noises on YouTube.

Main Menu

Serious question: spicy food

Started by Golden Applesauce, August 08, 2012, 04:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

I've read that you have to wear goggles when you eat it because the maggots jump and if you are unprotected they will jump into your eyes and squirm into your face.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Johnny

WHY??? - I DONT EVEN WANT TO GOOGLE HOW IT LOOKS LIKE

fuck it, im gonna look it up and pray the real image is better than the unspeakable horror i imagined so i can actually sleep
<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

The Johnny

<<My image in some places, is of a monster of some kind who wants to pull a string and manipulate people. Nothing could be further from the truth. People are manipulated; I just want them to be manipulated more effectively.>>

-B.F. Skinner

Pope Pixie Pickle

Haggis is fucking tasty. The other stuff, not so appealing looking

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on August 11, 2012, 05:03:20 AM
I've read that you have to wear goggles when you eat it because the maggots jump and if you are unprotected they will jump into your eyes and squirm into your face.

I've heard that too, but I think it's just a myth. I mean, the maggots do jump, but I don't think there's any real risk of them infesting your face or anything. Those happy-looking people in Sardinia weren't wearing goggles.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Joh'Nyx on August 11, 2012, 05:40:57 AM

OH GOD WHY

I like liver, so I like haggis, when it's well-made. I've also had some nasty haggis, and a bad haggis is truly disgusting.

Natto is an acquired taste, but is really no worse than any other fermented food when it comes right down to it. It's better if you think of it more as a condiment than a main ingredient.

Casu marzu, though... well, I feel it is in a category of its own, which is "live animal food". I don't eat a lot of live animals, or really any if you don't count bacteria, and it kind of freaks me out. Culturally, I am also conditioned to be disgusted at the idea of eating terrestrial insects, so that part puts me off quite a bit. However, I would like to try it, if I ever have the chance.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

East Coast Hustle

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 11, 2012, 07:09:32 PM
Quote from: Echo Chamber Music on August 11, 2012, 05:03:20 AM

I've heard that too, but I think it's just a myth. I mean, the maggots do jump, but I don't think there's any real risk of them infesting your face or anything. Those happy-looking people in Sardinia weren't wearing goggles.

Everybody in Sardinia looks happy anytime they don't have a knife sticking out of them somewhere. If there was a "badass" olympics, they'd be a serious gold medal contender.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Inspired by this thread, I've taken up cheesemaking. My first attempt is inoculating right now.

I did a little research, and Piophila Casei live everywhere in the world.