News:

MysticWicks endorsement: "In other words, Discordianism, like postmodernism, means never having to say your sorry."

Main Menu

Since Charley left...

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 04, 2012, 03:33:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the last yatto

he just posted this on facebook (and yes I asked if I could crosspost)
QuoteWhen I was a young man I was full of energy and certainty. My passion and strength were full and I was so certain of my views and knowledge.

I could do anything or be anything I wanted, even by the power of will, if that was what was needed. Nothing was beyond my grasp.

As I grew older there were many challenges in my path, some were overcome and some were not, but I kept going. Like a child sticking their hand in a fire, I learned to not do some things and successes taught me what to do. Some lessons were well learned, others not so much.

As I grew older I came to understand many of the beliefs that I had held were not so cut and dried. Such is the way humans learn. Such is the way humans make decisions. Many of my old beliefs were cast away and some were replaced with other beliefs, hopefully better thought out beliefs.

As I became older I began to even have greater tolerance for the beliefs of others. After all, we are all learning, so I like to think anyway. I began to see the grey areas in things, those places where neither right nor wrong live.

As I became older my body began to fail in places, my strength waned. But I didn't give up, I just had to do things differently. Some things could not even be done any longer.

Life is still good, even with the physical and financial restrictions I face now, and I will live until the last day.

When this life is over I will be able to look back and think it was a good life, one fully lived.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: MMIX on August 10, 2012, 11:08:29 PM
Just for the record Charley leaving didn't actually make you the oldest since I am older than Charley is and old enough to be your mother DOUR. I'm not sure whether hirley0 is older too?

See I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot; and I watched the first Moonwalk live, which was at like 3am in the Old World - 'cos it seemed pretty damn epoch making at the time.

And, speaking as a pee-stained elder old enough to be your mother, get your ass to the doctor DOUR, it sounds like it might be a good idea.

MMIX
I was here first so get the fuck off my damn lawn junior

1.  Hirley0 doesn't actually have an age.  At least none that can be documented or tracked.

2.  The earliest thing I remember is watching Nixon bean his head on the helicopter doorframe while slinking away from DC.  I remember the very last moonshot.

3.  The doctor will tell me, "yes, you're having an attack, no I can't actually do anything about it, and here's my bill.  Been here more than a few times in the last couple of years.  Thanks for your concern, though.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Also, that quote in your sig... that is one of the most poetic and potent Rogerisms I've ever read.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 10, 2012, 11:20:02 PM
Also, that quote in your sig... that is one of the most poetic and potent Rogerisms I've ever read.

It's one of my favorites.  I keep it up to remind me that all people are scum.  Even me.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: the last yatto on August 10, 2012, 11:12:11 PM
QuoteWhen I was a young man I was full of energy and certainty. My passion and strength were full and I was so certain of my views and knowledge.

I could do anything or be anything I wanted, even by the power of will, if that was what was needed. Nothing was beyond my grasp.

As I grew older there were many challenges in my path, some were overcome and some were not, but I kept going. Like a child sticking their hand in a fire, I learned to not do some things and successes taught me what to do. Some lessons were well learned, others not so much.

As I grew older I came to understand many of the beliefs that I had held were not so cut and dried. Such is the way humans learn. Such is the way humans make decisions. Many of my old beliefs were cast away and some were replaced with other beliefs, hopefully better thought out beliefs.

As I became older I began to even have greater tolerance for the beliefs of others. After all, we are all learning, so I like to think anyway. I began to see the grey areas in things, those places where neither right nor wrong live.

As I became older my body began to fail in places, my strength waned. But I didn't give up, I just had to do things differently. Some things could not even be done any longer.

Life is still good, even with the physical and financial restrictions I face now, and I will live until the last day.

When this life is over I will be able to look back and think it was a good life, one fully lived.

Glad to see that he's relatively well.

But I'm not sure why you'd repost that.  Charley made the decision to leave ages ago, on account of he hates us all.  Or at least enough of us, defined as Nigel & Roger & anyone on speaking terms with us.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 10, 2012, 11:39:09 PM
Quote from: the last yatto on August 10, 2012, 11:12:11 PM

Glad to see that he's relatively well.

But I'm not sure why you'd repost that.  Charley made the decision to leave ages ago, on account of he hates us all.  Or at least enough of us, defined as Nigel & Roger & anyone on speaking terms with us.

Yeah, he didn't have much tolerance for any of our beliefs.
It's ok for a facebook post, though. Maybe it'll get some 'Like's.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 10, 2012, 11:14:48 PM
Just for the record Charley leaving didn't actually make you the oldest since I am older than Charley is and old enough to be your mother DOUR. I'm not sure whether hirley0 is older too?

See I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot; and I watched the first Moonwalk live, which was at like 3am in the Old World - 'cos it seemed pretty damn epoch making at the time.

And, speaking as a pee-stained elder old enough to be your mother, get your ass to the doctor DOUR, it sounds like it might be a good idea.

MMIX

1.  Hirley0 doesn't actually have an age.  At least none that can be documented or tracked.

2.  The earliest thing I remember is watching Nixon bean his head on the helicopter doorframe while slinking away from DC.  I remember the very last moonshot.

3.  The doctor will tell me, "yes, you're having an attack, no I can't actually do anything about it, and here's my bill.  Been here more than a few times in the last couple of years.  Thanks for your concern, though.

Hirley0 was old 20 years ago when I first met him, so he's probably still old.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 11, 2012, 03:01:51 AM

MMIX

You never can tell with hirley0.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 11, 2012, 04:38:43 AM

MMIX

You never can tell with hirley0.

He could be running off a backup.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Cain

Or posting from a parallel universe where time runs backwards.  It would explain a lot - Hirley0's posts aren't predictions, they're warnings.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on August 11, 2012, 03:22:19 PM
Or posting from a parallel universe where time runs backwards.  It would explain a lot - Hirley0's posts aren't predictions, they're warnings.

This makes everything make more sense.  :horrormirth:

The Good Reverend Roger

MMIX

Hirley0 was old 20 years ago when I first met him, so he's probably still old out of step with everything outside of Portland.

Fixed.

Don Coyote

GODFUCKINGDAMNITIHAVEHADITIWITHPARRALLELPERDENICTULARANDANYOTHERSORTOFSHENAGINSINVOLVINGSPACEANDORTIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!