News:

PD.com: Worse than that time when I conjured a handkerchief from that deaf kid's ear.

Main Menu

Post in this thread, and I will give you a new sig.

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, August 04, 2012, 10:02:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Salty

The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

CarvedWood

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 06, 2012, 02:53:25 PM
Quote from: CarvedWood on August 06, 2012, 12:13:18 AM
I want to jump on this wagon.  I don't think I even have a sig.  Break my sig silence, Rog!

"It was all a joke.  In real life, I'm not this way.  I'm some other way.  I meant it to be funny to US, and it was, at least to the ME part of US. I meant it to be funny to YOU, just not THEM, see? Unless you are actually part of THEM, and if that's true, well, my apologies.

And that would be my individual apology.  I would apologize for US but I'm not sure if there is an US that's larger than just ME in this regard.  I'm not even so sure YOU are or are not at least partially any of THEM.

But if you are one of THEM to whom I am apologizing, I'm truly sorry."

:?   All that would be true, except for the "I'm sorry" part.  Or, depending on if there's a gun to my head, the "truly" part.
It was all a joke.  In real life, I'm not this way.  I'm some other way.  I meant it to be funny to US, and it was, at least to the ME part of US. I meant it to be funny to YOU, just not THEM, see? Unless you are actually part of THEM, and if that's true, well, my apologies.

And that would be my individual apology.  I would apologize for US but I'm not sure if there is an US that's larger than just ME in this regard.  I'm not even so sure YOU are or are not at least partially any of THEM.

But if you are one of THEM to whom I am apologizing, I'm truly sorry.

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CarvedWood on August 07, 2012, 02:05:07 AM
I want to jump on this wagon.  I don't think I even have a sig.  Break my sig silence, Rog!

"It was all a joke.  In real life, I'm not this way.  I'm some other way.  I meant it to be funny to US, and it was, at least to the ME part of US. I meant it to be funny to YOU, just not THEM, see? Unless you are actually part of THEM, and if that's true, well, my apologies.

:?   All that would be true, except for the "I'm sorry" part.  Or, depending on if there's a gun to my head, the "truly" part.

It's a safe apology, if you re-read the whole thing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

CarvedWood

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 07, 2012, 01:55:27 PM

Hm... well, ok... but it kind of feels like swallowing a goldfish on a dare.
It was all a joke.  In real life, I'm not this way.  I'm some other way.  I meant it to be funny to US, and it was, at least to the ME part of US. I meant it to be funny to YOU, just not THEM, see? Unless you are actually part of THEM, and if that's true, well, my apologies.

But if you are one of THEM to whom I am apologizing, I'm truly sorry.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: CarvedWood on August 07, 2012, 04:55:36 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 07, 2012, 01:55:27 PM

Hm... well, ok... but it kind of feels like swallowing a goldfish on a dare.

Who needs a dare?  I eat those little bastards like popcorn.

The Good Reverend Roger

hooplala

"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

The Good Reverend Roger

Suu

Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Signora Pæsior

I suspect I'm the only idiot on my block... but bring it.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signora Paesior on August 14, 2012, 03:48:43 AM
I suspect I'm the only idiot on my block... but bring it.

The only idiot on your block to do what?

Quote from: Suu on August 14, 2012, 03:36:04 AM
Still taking requests, Rog?

Yep.  Sometime today.