News:

Testimonial: "I cannot see a slither of a viable defense for this godawful circlejerk board."

Main Menu

Oh Noez! What about Teh Menz? -Patriarchy isn't a dude's friend EITHER!

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 07, 2012, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:08:01 AM
Quote from: Signora Paesior on August 16, 2012, 02:05:46 AM

Fair enough. And I'm not a fan of "straight" for much the same reason, though I haven't really found a decent alternative.

People?  Alongside all the other people?

The only time I've ever found a person's sexual orientation to be relevant to my judgment of them is when the possibility of sexual advances exists. And, in all of those cases, I've found my sexual orientation to be "yes please."
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Freeky

Quote from: v3x on August 16, 2012, 02:11:25 AM

Fair enough. And I'm not a fan of "straight" for much the same reason, though I haven't really found a decent alternative.

The only time I've ever found a person's sexual orientation to be relevant to my judgment of them is when the possibility of sexual advances exists. And, in all of those cases, I've found my sexual orientation to be "yes please."

-cough-

:fap:

The Good Reverend Roger

I've been looking at the charts.  I'm apparently a cisliberal.

WOWEE!  No more agonizing introspection!  I can just look up what I am, and staple it to my face! 

THANKS, AMERICATM!  You really ARE everywhere!  Just like Santa1!

1  If Santa replaced the elves with child slave labor in Bangladesh, dumped Mrs Claus for a trophy wife, traded up the sleigh for a Hummer3, and short-sold the North Pole to flip some real estate in San Francisco.  And then invaded someone for reasons even he couldn't properly explain.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Pixie on August 16, 2012, 01:47:26 AM
the fact that I wanted to be a boy-person as a very young kid and wanted to be able to pee standing up and facing the loo is pretty irrelevant now. I tried it, and it was messy.  :lulz:  I'd like to find a way of peeing outside that doesn't involve me peeing on the legs of my jeans and shoes though.

Have you tried one of these?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

tyrannosaurus vex

Apparently the solution to using labels to oversimplify everything is using labels to complicate things, instead.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Signora Pæsior

In terms of where you're coming from I completely agree. People are people. And it's not like how I think of myself on a daily basis is "white cis upper-middle-class pansexual". How I perceive myself on a daily basis is, you know, Signora.

But the "no labels we're all people" thing only really works in an egilatarian society. Labels come into play when I'm thinking "we're all people and deserve to be fucking equal, so why is my pay rise less than my make colleagues?... oh right, because I'm a woman."

In a truly egilatarian society, labels will become obsolete. And bring it the fuck on.
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signora Paesior on August 16, 2012, 02:28:11 AM
But the "no labels we're all people" thing only really works in an egilatarian society. Labels come into play when I'm thinking "we're all people and deserve to be fucking equal, so why is my pay rise less than my make colleagues?... oh right, because I'm a woman."

You get the future you demand.  Thing is, most people don't think they're demanding what they're positively screaming for.

And one way to demand a future worth living in is to not tolerate labelling.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on August 16, 2012, 02:42:26 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:21:56 AM
NET.

I HAVE A HOLY QUESTTM FOR YOU.

HIT ME WITH IT!

FUCK UP MY FACE REAL BAD AND STAPLE CISLIBERAL TO IT SOMEHOW.

I need it as a shaving mirror.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:43:06 AM
NET.

HIT ME WITH IT!

OOOOOH! I WANT ONE! "CISANTIAUTHORITARIANLIBERALESTROGENDEREDHETERONORMATIVE. WITH CHEESE."
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 16, 2012, 02:51:13 AM
NET.

HIT ME WITH IT!

OOOOOH! I WANT ONE! "CISANTIAUTHORITARIANLIBERALESTROGENDEREDHETERONORMATIVE. WITH CHEESE."

Now you're just being SILLY.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on August 16, 2012, 02:52:56 AM
NET.

HIT ME WITH IT!

:lulz:

Halfway done already.

I've made do for the moment with a new avatar, but it's just not the same.

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:31:18 AM
You get the future you demand.  Thing is, most people don't think they're demanding what they're positively screaming for.

I'm so sorry Roger, I'm not sure what you mean by this. Would you mind clarifying?

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:31:18 AM
And one way to demand a future worth living in is to not tolerate labelling.

To me, it's kind of the other way around. While society in general perceives certain groups of people as lesser than others, those labels become a way to subvert and chip away at those perceptions. When we have a society where people are based solely on their merits, then we won't need the labels. I won't be getting paid less because I'm female; I'll be getting paid less because I'm on PD on my iPhone while I'm building ridiculously complicated reports  :lulz:
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole