Oh Noez! What about Teh Menz? -Patriarchy isn't a dude's friend EITHER!

Started by Pope Pixie Pickle, August 07, 2012, 11:33:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:52:28 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 16, 2012, 02:51:13 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:43:06 AM
Quote from: Net on August 16, 2012, 02:42:26 AM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:21:56 AM
NET.

I HAVE A HOLY QUESTTM FOR YOU.

HIT ME WITH IT!

FUCK UP MY FACE REAL BAD AND STAPLE CISLIBERAL TO IT SOMEHOW.

I need it as a shaving mirror.

OOOOOH! I WANT ONE! "CISANTIAUTHORITARIANLIBERALESTROGENDEREDHETERONORMATIVE. WITH CHEESE."

Now you're just being SILLY.

BUT I DON'T WANT THE 'NO CHEESE' PEOPLE TO FEEL WEIRD.

Nice avvie.  :lulz:

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 16, 2012, 02:54:51 AM
NET.

HIT ME WITH IT!

OOOOOH! I WANT ONE! "CISANTIAUTHORITARIANLIBERALESTROGENDEREDHETERONORMATIVE. WITH CHEESE."

No cheese people are filthy perverts and should be wiped out.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 02:57:32 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 16, 2012, 02:54:51 AM
NET.

HIT ME WITH IT!

No cheese people are filthy perverts and should be wiped out.

:spittake:

Round 'em up.  :lulz:

Pæs

I'm not comfortable telling a minority not to use labels because it feels a lot like "I don't see colour"... which is indicative of privilege. I feel like the obvious response I'm inviting is "oh, you don't? that must be nice for you. I fucking live labels, asshat, but enjoy your not being forced to acknowledge that by not being oppressed by it yourself. Yes we're all people, but I'm the kind of people with fewer opportunities because of the shape of my body, so I'm going to continue having a special word to refer to people who don't experience that" which I don't have a useful counterpoint to. The labels are descriptions of boxes that human behaviour already confirms as existing. If we, as a species, treat "the gays" differently, it seems a bit off for even those who don't to disapprove of there being a word for anyone who is not part of that group. As Signora said, it somewhat helps avoiding defaulting to gay/normal. They aren't making the divisions, they're just trying to have a little control over the discussion of them, as those most concerned by them.

Not to make any assumptions regarding your approach to no labels, Roger.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 03:07:35 AM
I'm not comfortable telling a minority not to use labels because it feels a lot like "I don't see colour"... which is indicative of privilege. I feel like the obvious response I'm inviting is "oh, you don't? that must be nice for you. I fucking live labels, asshat, but enjoy your not being forced to acknowledge that by not being oppressed by it yourself. Yes we're all people, but I'm the kind of people with fewer opportunities because of the shape of my body, so I'm going to continue having a special word to refer to people who don't experience that" which I don't have a useful counterpoint to. The labels are descriptions of boxes that human behaviour already confirms as existing. If we, as a species, treat "the gays" differently, it seems a bit off for even those who don't to disapprove of there being a word for anyone who is not part of that group. As Signora said, it somewhat helps avoiding defaulting to gay/normal. They aren't making the divisions, they're just trying to have a little control over the discussion of them, as those most concerned by them.

As a member of the group that would be stuck sporting said label, I object. On the grounds that it's fucking retarded.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm not comfortable telling a minority not to use labels because it feels a lot like "I don't see colour"... which is indicative of privilege.

I'm not telling anyone to do shit.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 16, 2012, 03:10:50 AM

As a member of the group that would be stuck sporting said label, I object. On the grounds that it's fucking retarded.

I'm just against the politics of division.  There are people out there that COUNT on us being divided.

Does that make me "privileged"? 

So I'm privileged.

The Good Reverend Roger

I've been lying all along.  My name is Lloyd Craig Blankfein.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 03:19:40 AM

HOW CAN YOU BE THAT GUY WHEN YOU'RE CHARLES KOCH?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 16, 2012, 03:22:06 AM

Shush.  I'm oppressing the masses with my enormous penis.

Talking makes it shrivel up.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 03:22:55 AM
Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 16, 2012, 03:22:06 AM

Shush.  I'm oppressing the masses with my enormous penis.

Talking makes it shrivel up.

:potd:  :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

tyrannosaurus vex

on the subject of the OP for a minute, I can say that as a man, it's really annoying that my wife cannot even get a job at fucking McDonalds to help will expenses - they won't even look at her application, because she has spent the last 6 years being a stay at home mother and therefore "has no relevant work experience." how the fuck does that add up?
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Pæs

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 03:17:32 AM
I'm just against the politics of division.  There are people out there that COUNT on us being divided.

So I'm privileged.
So am I. Both against that division and privileged. Choosing to just see people as people is much easier when you aren't given daily reminders that you are one of "those people".

Attacking the concept of cisgenderism feels to me like telling blacks that "there ain't no 'whitey' we're all just people" as if THEY are responsible for the distinction being made.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 03:28:32 AM

So I'm privileged.
So am I. Both against that division and privileged. Choosing to just see people as people is much easier when you aren't given daily reminders that you are one of "those people".

Attacking the concept of cisgenderism feels to me like telling blacks that "there ain't no 'whitey' we're all just people" as if THEY are responsible for the distinction being made.

Why, yes, here in the glorious United States of Murrica, we have no oppression for Whitey.  We're all one unified body, and we certainly don't make each other do the striptease at the airport, or get shot in the back of squadcars for no fucking reason, or get our jobs shopped out to Chinese slaves, or get thrown in prison for life without anything resembling due process, for reasons that are never actually explained.

We have meetings, where we plan this shit.  At those meetings, we drink cognac out of the muscular rectums of young Algerian women raised strictly for this purpose, while we eat endangered animals and decide where next to spill massive amounts of oil.

Because we Murrikans are all oppressors.  We're exactly alike.  None of us have felt a day's oppression in our shiny, shiny White lives.

That's why I want to take your labels away.  So you can't FIGHT THE POWER.

Pæs

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 16, 2012, 03:34:24 AM
Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 16, 2012, 03:28:32 AM

So I'm privileged.

Why, yes, here in the glorious United States of Murrica, we have no oppression for Whitey.  We're all one unified body, and we certainly don't make each other do the striptease at the airport, or get shot in the back of squadcars for no fucking reason, or get our jobs shopped out to Chinese slaves, or get thrown in prison for life without anything resembling due process, for reasons that are never actually explained.

We have meetings, where we plan this shit.  At those meetings, we drink cognac out of the muscular rectums of young Algerian women raised strictly for this purpose, while we eat endangered animals and decide where next to spill massive amounts of oil.

Because we Murrikans are all oppressors.  We're exactly alike.  None of us have felt a day's oppression in our shiny, shiny White lives.

That's why I want to take your labels away.  So you can't FIGHT THE POWER.
All of your outrage relies on the stubborn insistence that people are saying things they are not.
I won't take that away from you by actually looking for conversation, or pointing out again which things are not attacks on you or which of your retorts target unrepresented arguments. You seem to be enjoying taking offense overdramatically.

Have a good time senselessly hollering at the internet until nobody is listening.