News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

New to it all

Started by valentine, August 07, 2012, 03:06:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

valentine

Hello,
My name is Val and I'm kinda new to Discordianism in general. While I've known about the basics of the religion I've never actually practiced it. So I'd like to hear from some "enlightened" individuals what Discordianism is and how I may get further involved.
Nihilism, Anarchy, and My Little Pony

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: valentine on August 07, 2012, 03:06:40 PM
Hello,
My name is Val and I'm kinda new to Discordianism in general. While I've known about the basics of the religion I've never actually practiced it. So I'd like to hear from some "enlightened" individuals what Discordianism is and how I may get further involved.

We don't have any enlightened people here.  We DID, but they all fucked off to hang out with the Buddhists.  You can get involved by contacting your local HIMEOBS recruiting office.

And there's no such thing as Discordianism.  We just made that up as a way to attract people to our pyramid scheme.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

Oh, wait.  It's the former user "KILLJOY", aka CAPTAIN CAPS.

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=7425

Welcome back, troll.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Faust

Under Azathots reign, we have had better returns in all four quarters of the fiscal year.
His policies have led to better savings throughout the year AND more deducatables so your net is far closer to the gross.

All in all it's a good time to be a discordian.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Cain

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 07, 2012, 03:11:11 PM

http://www.principiadiscordia.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=7425

Welcome back, troll.

No caps this time.  Might have improved in their absence.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Cain on August 07, 2012, 04:51:02 PM
Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 07, 2012, 03:11:11 PM

Welcome back, troll.

No caps this time.  Might have improved in their absence.

Or he's just trying a new schtick.

AFK

Hello,

Meh, there's no need to practice.  Do or do not, yoda, yoda, yoda....

Discordianism is listening to Life and The World telling you the sum parts of your life, existence, and actions should look a certain way and responding:

Meh, thank, I'm all set.  And just doing it the fuck YOUR way. 

But, Discordianism is also about recognizing that YOUR way may have unknowingly been corrupted by THEIR expectations, paradigms, and game rules.  So you also need to be good mechanic.  You need to get under the hood, scrape out and hose off the gunk. 

But don't get too carried away either.  Sometimes you just gotta go with it and listen to your gut. 
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Discordianism is about having fun until they come to shut off the power, then having just as much fun in the dark.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

the last yatto

Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

valentine

valentine

Quote from: Gen. Disregard on August 08, 2012, 03:28:35 AM
Hello,

Meh, there's no need to practice.  Do or do not, yoda, yoda, yoda....

Discordianism is listening to Life and The World telling you the sum parts of your life, existence, and actions should look a certain way and responding:

Meh, thank, I'm all set.  And just doing it the fuck YOUR way. 

But, Discordianism is also about recognizing that YOUR way may have unknowingly been corrupted by THEIR expectations, paradigms, and game rules.  So you also need to be good mechanic.  You need to get under the hood, scrape out and hose off the gunk. 

But don't get too carried away either.  Sometimes you just gotta go with it and listen to your gut.

So I guess it's philosophical yet open for interpretation, I like that. Thanks for the input always appreciated :)

the last yatto

Watched the discord ep with q and havnt looked back, wip makes fun of me for watchin til I bought her a pony and then she confessed her sister used to tease her for liking it. I'm just like, hey same person who did powerful girls, what's not to like.
Look, asshole:  Your 'incomprehensible' act, your word-salad, your pinealism...It BORES ME.  I've been incomprehensible for so long, I TEACH IT TO MBA CANDIDATES.  So if you simply MUST talk about your pineal gland or happy children dancing in the wildflowers, go talk to Roger, because he digs that kind of shit

valentine

Have you watched the friendship is witchcraft parodies on YouTube?

the last yatto

No just most of the mashups...

So its a redub? Very slow script, did derpy write it?

valentine

Quote from: the last yatto on August 08, 2012, 10:40:54 PM
No just most of the mashups...
If you get the chance you may want to look it up. Pretty much what they did was put voice overs for the original epasodes. Its actually decently funny and has amazing quality, if i didn't know any better id think that was the real thing. If you want I could probably find a link.