News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Ritual Purge: school to prison pipeline

Started by Anna Mae Bollocks, August 11, 2012, 08:11:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Telarus

Bloody hell, more "kids for cash" bullshit.
Telarus, KSC,
.__.  Keeper of the Contradictory Cephalopod, Zenarchist Swordsman,
(0o)  Tender to the Edible Zen Garden, Ratcheting Metallic Sex Doll of The End Times,
/||\   Episkopos of the Amorphous Dreams Cabal

Join the Doll Underground! Experience the Phantasmagorical Safari!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Freeky

This is so sad, but now that there's been one, there might start up a rash of them all over the country. 

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote"Furthermore," it continues, "children on probation are routinely arrested and incarcerated for allegedly violating their probation by committing minor school infractions, such as dress code violations, which result in suspensions. The department's investigation showed that students most affected by this system are African-American children and children with disabilities."

I am shocked.  Shocked, I tell you.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 12, 2012, 06:02:33 PM
Quote"Furthermore," it continues, "children on probation are routinely arrested and incarcerated for allegedly violating their probation by committing minor school infractions, such as dress code violations, which result in suspensions. The department's investigation showed that students most affected by this system are African-American children and children with disabilities."

YEAH BUT RACISM AND EQUAL RIGHTS ISN'T REALLY AN ISSUE ANYMORE

LOLOLOLOLOL  :horrormirth:

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on August 12, 2012, 11:04:57 AM
This is so sad, but now that there's been one, there might start up a rash of them all over the country.

I hope so. I really, really hope so.

We need to dismantle the whole prison and school system and start over.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 12, 2012, 06:28:13 PM

It's better than it was...Not so long ago, this would have been ignored.  Not long before that, it would have been considered right & proper.

Things have a long, long way to go, but it seems to be wheezing its way in the right direction.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 12, 2012, 06:29:51 PM

It's better than it was...Not so long ago, this would have been ignored.  Not long before that, it would have been considered right & proper.

Things have a long, long way to go, but it seems to be wheezing its way in the right direction.

It is better than it was, but I'm always astounded by the number of people who honestly think that race-based discrimination just isn't an issue anymore.

Juana

I don't think they look at the numbers. Or add two and two if they do.
Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 12, 2012, 06:28:58 PM

Amen.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on August 12, 2012, 07:50:44 PM
I don't think they look at the numbers. Or add two and two if they do.
Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 12, 2012, 06:28:58 PM

Amen.

Isn't the prison system based on some archaic English model anyway? Seems like I remember reading that somewhere (Vine Deloria Jr., maybe?) I'm surprised we don't put peoples' heads on spikes for public display here.  :x

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 12, 2012, 07:46:16 PM

It is better than it was, but I'm always astounded by the number of people who honestly think that race-based discrimination just isn't an issue anymore.

Yes, that's because Americans have difficulty with the idea that "better" is different than "FIXED".

It occurs to me that damn near everything Americans do is based on false dichotomies.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Dirty Old Uncle Roger on August 12, 2012, 09:46:55 PM
Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 12, 2012, 07:46:16 PM

Yes, that's because Americans have difficulty with the idea that "better" is different than "FIXED".

It occurs to me that damn near everything Americans do is based on false dichotomies.

MIND = BLOWN

Yeah.

East Coast Hustle

I keep misreading the thread title as "Ritalin Purge: school to prison pipeline" and the thing is, it still makes perfect sense.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"