News:

I hope she gets diverticulitis and all her poop kills her.

Main Menu

Egalitarianism

Started by Juana, August 20, 2012, 12:12:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

Dear Faust:  She wasn't talking about you.

Dear Nigel: Please be aware that some people might not make the same linear connections between posts and threads as you do.

Love,
LMNO

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 21, 2012, 08:26:48 PM

Dear Nigel: Please be aware that some people might not make the same linear connections between posts and threads as you do.

Love,
LMNO

Yeah, and some people are unwilling to accept my explanation that I explicitly called out the people I'm referring to in another thread, yesterday. For whatever reason.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Love,
LMNO
Yes, I've already stated that I don't think she was talking about me. I have stated that I do not think the way that post was phrased is going to help these discussions, especially when others in different timezones come online and the threads diverge by number of posts.
Sleepless nights at the chateau

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

And then went on to try to stir up shit by claiming I said the same  kind of thing while quoting Roger.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 21, 2012, 08:29:54 PM

Love,
LMNO

Yeah, and some people are unwilling to accept my explanation that I explicitly called out the people I'm referring to in another thread, yesterday. For whatever reason.
Not so much unwilling, I don't believe it was explicit. Though I agree that you believe you made it explicit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on August 21, 2012, 08:30:24 PM

Love,
LMNO
Yes, I've already stated that I don't think she was talking about me. I have stated that I do not think the way that post was phrased is going to help these discussions, especially when others in different timezones come online and the threads diverge by number of posts.

Yeah wow, sorry for getting frustrated and angry about having my basic humanity denied in the form of people telling me that my direct experiences are invalid.

LMNO

Love,
LMNO

Love,
LMNO

See?  Everyone agrees!

:awesome:

PS - why don't we have a "rainbows shooting out of a flying unicorn's ass" emote?

Faust

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 21, 2012, 08:30:53 PM
And then went on to try to stir up shit by claiming I said the same  kind of thing while quoting Roger.
An example of how it could be misconstrued, not an attempt to stirr up shit.

Faust

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 21, 2012, 08:32:08 PM

Love,
LMNO

Yeah wow, sorry for getting frustrated and angry about having my basic humanity denied in the form of people telling me that my direct experiences are invalid.
Apology accepted.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on August 21, 2012, 08:32:08 PM

Love,
LMNO

Not so much unwilling, I don't believe it was explicit. Though I agree that you believe you made it explicit.

How is this not explicit?

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 20, 2012, 11:19:32 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on August 20, 2012, 07:52:23 AM
If there's no way in hell I can possibly understand your thing then why in fuck have you dedicated your existence to trying to explain it to me?

Oh wait, that's right you're not trying to explain, you're just impotently bitching and whining? fine. Carry on.

Quote from: v3x on August 20, 2012, 08:27:33 AM
(White) men cannot understand, but our help is needed. We have an obligation to help, partly because we recognize there is a problem and partly because we are the ones "in charge," so we are the only ones who can change things. At least, without a revolution. But we cannot be in charge of what needs to be done, and since we do not understand what it is like to be oppressed we cannot offer advice on what might mitigate that oppression if our advice has anything to do with changing the opinions or behaviors of the oppressed. We can only be of assistance in doing it. We are like lions, if a lion could be hired to guide a safari through lion territory.

OK, good, the two of you have succeeded in convincing me that you're both complete fucking idiots with no interest in social change or understanding.

In closing, go fuck yourselves to death with sharp sticks. Congratulations on being part of the problem, DIAF. That is all.

:?

Faust

"K, good, the two of you have succeeded " states the two are a subset of "a certain contingent"
That doesn't state you limited it to the two of them. You have since said it is composed of anyone who agrees with them which is all that was necessary to make it explicit.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Faust on August 21, 2012, 08:43:37 PM
"K, good, the two of you have succeeded " states the two are a subset of "a certain contingent"
That doesn't state you limited it to the two of them. You have since said it is composed of anyone who agrees with them which is all that was necessary to make it explicit.

It seems like that would be implied in this and any similar situation; if I think they are pieces of shit because of their behavior and opinions, then wouldn't it follow that I would also think that anyone who agrees with that behavior and opinions would also be a piece of shit? However, I don't have any evidence to indicate anyone else specifically agrees with them, so I can't explicitly call anyone else out.

"The two of you" would seem, to me, to be specifying them and excluding anyone who is not the two of them. Otherwise, the statement would not be explicit and could be read to include other people I didn't intend for it to include.

But okay.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Also, I wrote that WAY before I said "a certain contingent", so it seems, to me, to be clear that the "contingent" refers back to the earlier post, and not the other way around.

I can understand how you became confused, but I think that accepting the timeline would help clear that up.

Faust