News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

Injured crow

Started by Faust, August 16, 2012, 08:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 17, 2012, 06:06:53 PM
You've become a friend of the crows, though.

They remember faces, and can communicate good or ill will toward someone to each other.

True story. That guy shows his family where you live, and you will be Faust, Friend of Crows forever.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on August 17, 2012, 06:06:53 PM
You've become a friend of the crows, though.

They remember faces, and can communicate good or ill will toward someone to each other.

Fact. You're kind of like an honorary crow now.
And if they feel like fucking with somebody's shit, it'll be the guy down the road who took shots at them.  :lol:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

hooplala

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on August 16, 2012, 10:33:43 PM
Dog food, fruit, pasta, bread, cheese, boiled eggs and cooked meats.

http://www.corvitude.com/corvidranchcare.html

Try to avoid salt, I've heard it's bad for birds.

Crows are smart as FUCK. I hope you keep him.  :)

ETA: OFUK, this one says cat food, not dog food. Ask the vet. http://www.corvidaid.org/care-guide/feeding/

This, I bet the fucker's smart enough to realize someone will feed him if he just goes door to door long enough.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

Nephew Twiddleton

American crows eat carrion too. Ive seen em pick at road pizza.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Quote from: Dear Departed Uncle Nigel on August 17, 2012, 06:12:28 PM
Quote from: Net on August 17, 2012, 06:41:08 AM
Quote from: Nephew Hiroshima on August 17, 2012, 04:21:49 AM
No dude this is really cool of you. Its like ech and the baby mouse.

That's what I thought too.

Do crows carry any transmittable diseases though?

Nothing really worth worrying about; they aren't much of a vector animal. They can catch West Nile (poor guys are dying in droves of it in some areas) but it still requires mosquitoes to spread it.

Cool. Now I kind of want a pet crow too.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

There are some theories that crows are smarter than parrots... and Alex the African Grey tested somewhere in the neighborhood of a 6 year old human. The biggest issue they have is developing tests that a crow won't simply ignore or cheat on.
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 17, 2012, 11:52:30 PM
There are some theories that crows are smarter than parrots... and Alex the African Grey tested somewhere in the neighborhood of a 6 year old human. The biggest issue they have is developing tests that a crow won't simply ignore or cheat on.

Crows are fucking rad.

Bebek Sincap Ratatosk

Quote from: Net on August 17, 2012, 11:56:10 PM

Crows are fucking rad.

When Sjaantze (harbinger of distraction) used to work at the World Bird Sanctuary, they kept hearing weird whispers in one of the houses. They all joked about it being haunted, but turns out it was a couple pied crows that would talk to each other, unless someone was there, then they would whisper  :lulz:
- I don't see race. I just see cars going around in a circle.

"Back in my day, crazy meant something. Now everyone is crazy" - Charlie Manson

Quote from: Bebek Sincap Ratatosk on August 18, 2012, 12:01:21 AM
Quote from: Net on August 17, 2012, 11:56:10 PM

Crows are fucking rad.

When Sjaantze (harbinger of distraction) used to work at the World Bird Sanctuary, they kept hearing weird whispers in one of the houses. They all joked about it being haunted, but turns out it was a couple pied crows that would talk to each other, unless someone was there, then they would whisper  :lulz:

That's awesome.

Nephew Twiddleton

It makes you wonder about dino intelligence. Maybe dinos would have had a civilization if not for that meteor. It seems that a certian level of human intelligence is not difficult. Though there does have to be some sort of mutational trend to a manipulating appendage.

Twid
using his thumbs to type this

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Hiroshima on August 18, 2012, 02:25:17 AM
It makes you wonder about dino intelligence. Maybe dinos would have had a civilization if not for that meteor

*looks at alligators and birds*

Nope.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

...er we are talking about bird intelligence and how with some bird species have the intelligence of human children. Whales and dolphins are smart too. Just because we split the atom and left the planet doesnt mean they couldnt have given different selective pressures. Also who the hell are you?

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Nephew Hiroshima on August 18, 2012, 03:16:48 AM
...er we are talking about bird intelligence and how with some bird species have the intelligence of human children. Whales and dolphins are smart too. Just because we split the atom and left the planet doesnt mean they couldnt have given different selective pressures. Also who the hell are you?

1.  Birds with the intelligence of human children?  Balls.

2.  Dinosaurs aren't people, and should be wiped out.

3.  LOOK AT AVATAR, PLS.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Cain

Quote1.  Birds with the intelligence of human children?  Balls.

I find that plenty plausible, after the ones I've had to deal with.  Most of mine would lose in an intelligence contest against a pigeon.

A dead pigeon.

Nephew Twiddleton

Cant see avatars on my phone. Im going to assume noob otherwise youd know that.

And it was mentioned that parrots have the intelligence of 6 year old children and it is suspected crows are more intelligent than that or do you not want to address that point?