News:

My opinion > Your opinion

Main Menu

short notice

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, August 21, 2012, 09:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junkenstein

DO NONE OF YOU FUCKING GET IT?

How many times must this happen? Repent and confess your grave sin right the fuck now.

In case you are struggling to spot what exactly is occurring here, let me break it down for you: There is no Goddess but the Goddess and that her is and she is pretty much it (apart from the others, shh)

When groups of clothed monkeys gather, they who know the name but not the nature of HER, they begin to think themselves wise. They think of HER as just metaphor.

So SHE curses these most ignoble of cretins, condemns them to return to the smug, comfortable cloud of their own very important thoughts and opinions.

SHE does this often, and publicly! And you you continue to IGNORE these martyrs sent before you to show you again the path of shiftiness!

And You! O V3x, Making me preach. I cast thee the fuck out until at least tomorrow.

Or something. I'm bored and hungry.
Nine naked Men just walking down the road will cause a heap of trouble for all concerned.

Salty

Boy, I'm sure glad this is all about PD.COM's inability to have a decent conversation and nothing at all to do with a metric ton of fully tangible butthurt.

Cause that'd be silly.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Salty

I actually really don't get it. No matter how much time passes, no matter how much this place changes, no matter how many people are posting, no matter what they're posting about THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEBODY WHO ISN'T MOTHERFUCKING HAPPY.

PROTIP:
If you don't think this place is worth your time GO FUCKING BUILD YOUR OWN GOD DAMNED SANDBOX! I'm sure you'll find Utopia out there somewhere.

OR you could accept that this place will ALWAYS be just like this and take your hits with your misses and vice versa instead of whining about how his place sucks. Maybe we DO need EBG back so people have a nice safe haven to call as many waaambulences as they want.

I, meanwhile, am going to stick around and try to find the funnay even when I'm pissed off.
The world is a car and you're the crash test dummy.

Faust

Quote from: v3x on August 21, 2012, 09:07:55 PM
In the future, when PD gets a mind to make something of itself and starts wanting to print things or post things on telephone poles, or pull together previous works to compile new ones, please double-check attributions and make sure my name, real or moniker, does not appear there.

I'm not really interested in your argument with the others but to let you know this isn't how copyright, IP or patent law works. It's your right to defend yours but no one is obliged to do it for you.

I only say this because I'm not going put any extra effort into the minimal work I do as is, especially not checking who posted what
Sleepless nights at the chateau

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Alty on August 21, 2012, 10:32:24 PM
Boy, I'm sure glad this is all about PD.COM's inability to have a decent conversation and nothing at all to do with a metric ton of fully tangible butthurt.

Cause that'd be silly.

PD.COM is just a forum software running on crashy servers. It has no ability to discuss anything. The people who come here used to be able to discuss things, but these days we can't discuss the time of day without at least 3 people going on a holy rampage and burning everything in a 5-thread radius to ashes.  Maybe something better can happen, maybe not. Either way, I'm not investing any serious energy into it because it'll get sidetracked, eclipsed, drowned out, willfully misinterpreted, used against me in a court of high-handed self-righteousness, or just be a terrible idea to begin with. So for all the actual return on investment this place generates I might as well limit my Internet activity to my job and posting inflammatory political cartoons on Facebook.

Quote from: Faust on August 21, 2012, 10:44:18 PM
In the future, when PD gets a mind to make something of itself and starts wanting to print things or post things on telephone poles, or pull together previous works to compile new ones, please double-check attributions and make sure my name, real or moniker, does not appear there.

I'm not really interested in your argument with the others but to let you know this isn't how copyright, IP or patent law works. It's your right to defend yours but no one is obliged to.

I only say this because I'm not going put any extra effort into the minimal work I do as is.

Sorry, it isn't really a directive so much as a request that if you happen to accidentally use anything from me, don't. BTW anything that's already out there is already out there and obviously I don't expect anyone to comb through anything and cleanse it. It's just a "from now on" thing.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Faust

Quote from: v3x on August 21, 2012, 10:46:56 PM

Sorry, it isn't really a directive so much as a request that if you happen to accidentally use anything from me, don't. BTW anything that's already out there is already out there and obviously I don't expect anyone to comb through anything and cleanse it. It's just a "from now on" thing.
ah, ok cool
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

This is not a flounce, it's just letting you know that PD has lost its status in my opinion as a community to which it is worth my time to contribute real ideas.

Soooo...You're lumping everyone in together?  Help me out, here...if you're holding us all to the same standard, then how can you possibly complain about being mistreated?

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on August 21, 2012, 11:15:02 PM

This is not a flounce, it's just letting you know that PD has lost its status in my opinion as a community to which it is worth my time to contribute real ideas.

Soooo...You're lumping everyone in together?  Help me out, here...if you're holding us all to the same standard, then how can you possibly complain about being mistreated?

I'm not lumping everyone together as a group of individuals. I'm saying that when these individuals get together, the cacophony builds up and overheats to such a degree that no sustained, civilized, reasonable discussion can be had. When you have people going around with impunity calling other people "non-human," especially based on comments and attempts at discussion which have been willfully misrepresented and misinterpreted, and a whole board full of people who refuse to recognize that that crosses a certain ethical line, well, there isn't much left to say.

hooplala

Quote from: v3x on August 21, 2012, 11:21:47 PM

I'm not lumping everyone together as a group of individuals. I'm saying that when these individuals get together, the cacophony builds up and overheats to such a degree that no sustained, civilized, reasonable discussion can be had. When you have people going around with impunity calling other people "non-human," especially based on comments and attempts at discussion which have been willfully misrepresented and misinterpreted, and a whole board full of people who refuse to recognize that that crosses a certain ethical line, well, there isn't much left to say.

Except (and I'm being serious here) that's how freedom of speech works. 

Someone called you a name, sorry for being somewhat insensitive, but get over it.
"Soon all of us will have special names" — Professor Brian O'Blivion

"Now's not the time to get silly, so wear your big boots and jump on the garbage clowns." — Bob Dylan?

"Do I contradict myself?
Very well then I contradict myself,
(I am large, I contain multitudes.)"
— Walt Whitman

tyrannosaurus vex

Quote from: Hoopla on August 21, 2012, 11:23:46 PM

Except (and I'm being serious here) that's how freedom of speech works. 

Someone called you a name, sorry for being somewhat insensitive, but get over it.

I can get with that program. I'm not emotionally scarred here. I'm saying the tone of the "debate" (not that it rises to the definition of "debate") is so incendiary that it blocks all attempts at anything productive happening. See: Congress.

Also, because I have a lot of respect for some of the people involved and their input on what I do submit is usually important to me, having this shit going on seriously impairs my desire to participate meaningfully.

The Good Reverend Roger

I'm not lumping everyone together as a group of individuals. I'm saying that when these individuals get together, the cacophony builds up and overheats to such a degree that no sustained, civilized, reasonable discussion can be had.

Can be or will be?

Oh, you can have some kind of pap conversation where everyone agrees and nobody fights, and maybe that suits you.  It doesn't suit me, though.  If a bit of name calling is the price of a conversation worth having, then I'm willing to pay that price...Provided my partners in said conversation are willing to deal with me roaring and stomping around in my own poop.

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Nephew Twiddleton

Perfect example of why i shouldnt get drunk. I have no idea what this is about.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

LMNO

I wasn't here last week, but I've been at PD since mid-2000s. Am I lumped into your assessment?

Plus, I've got some projects I have no idea if you've been working on them or not. So I'm gonna go ahead and not pay close attention, if the material is good.

Pæs

Quote from: v3x on August 21, 2012, 09:35:58 PM
Quote from: Signor Paesior on August 21, 2012, 09:26:56 PM
Hey there, new guy!

I'm not sure what this means, coming from a person who registered a full four years after I did and has not, as far as I know, seen the ups and downs of this "community" for longer than the past couple of years. But I'm sure it means something valid, and I'd hate to belittle it by calling it out for being the complete bullshit that it is.

See also Dr. Paes and whoever the fuck I was before that... but that's beside the point, which is that "you haven't been here long enough to see how this community works" ignores both the written record of the history of the board and how frantically and violently the forum swings between productivity and screaming hysterical nothingness. But please, go ahead and explain why my opinion is invalid because I'm the wrong kind of person. It does absolutely no damage to the credibility of the superficial point you're clinging to to mask your butthurt.

If your problem is monkey politics, starting a BAWWW I'm not playing with you anymore also fuck you Nigel thread is a pretty derpy way of addressing that.

Pæs

Also, I only read far enough to get a sense of "lookit me!" and "you're doing it wrong" so assumed this was a vanity introduction thread and responded with the traditional greeting.