News:

Yes we're horrible toxic people, because this is 2020's Mental Illness Olympics, and the winners get a free pass on giving life-threatening advice with the bonus of having zero accountability for their shit behaviour.

Main Menu

DOWN FOR THE COUNT

Started by tyrannosaurus vex, August 24, 2012, 08:12:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tyrannosaurus vex

ONE, ONE MORE UNTIMELY DEMISE

Short, sad fact.

I was pondering the loss of this great person, and it occurs to me that at least for me, Sesame Street was at least as important to my education as a human being as the first two or three years of public school.

The most troubling thing about that is something I just now realized. If it weren't for Sesame Street, I literally would not have known that it's not OK to treat people who are different from me like shit, or assume they are all weird or something.

This is not a universal experience, obviously. But it strikes me that none of the institutions that are supposed to improve society taught me that simple thing. Religion, actual public school, my parents, and my friends all left that one out. It took a TV show to let me in on that.

Anyway, RIP THE COUNT.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Murmur

One sad person, ah ah ah...  :horrormirth:
Tolerable Terror for Toddlers Legionaire, Nixon Division™

"Onlookers will be horrified and amazed by the sheer volume of fluid."--TGRR

"SaraLee, I say unto you!  If ye have a cake and halve it, and then halve it yet again, you would have four quarters and yet still not have a dollar.  Eat of that cake, for it is cake which is NOT cake, which ye may have half a mind to have at a reasonable price, yet in indecision achieve satori with said stale Moon Pie.  That's what you get when YOU FUCK WITH US." - DOUR

Sita

Sad times.
The Count is one of my favorite Sesame characters. He made counting fun  :cry:

I was just reading about him the other day, and how he had to retire due to his health.
:ninja:
Laugh, even if you are screaming inside. Smile, because the world doesn't care if you feel like crying.

AFK

I won't go so far to say that I learned all of the social responsibility and getting along stuff from Sesame Street.  I did actually get that stuff from my folks and my education.  However, that aside, old school Sesame Street was the shit.  It had just enough of that Muppet humor, wit, and wackiness to tickle my imagination.  New School Sesame Street is lame. 

They jumped the shark when they went all in on Elmo, who is easily the most annoying Muppet ever invented.  Even worse than Rizzo.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

tyrannosaurus vex

Agree on jumping the shark. Elmo ruined it.

I didn't learn all my social responsibility from Sesame Street but that's the only place where I was exposed to those ideas until I was 8 or 9.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

Eater of Clowns

:cry:

But it occurs to me that a bunch of PDers learning social responsibility from Sesame Street speaks very ill of the show.   You horrible fucks.  :lulz:
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

HandsomeGirl

I'm far more saddened that we lost Gobo.  Fraggle Rock was more my style.  I forsee a rewatching of the first season in his honor. =(

Furthermore, Elmo is a shitbag.  That voice grates on my ears like dozens of cats' nails over an old chalkboard.
I've nothing worthwhile to put here.

AFK

The Fraggles were great.  Henson was a mad genius.  Too bad it didn't get passed down to his offspring.  None of those Muppet properties have been the same since he passed, though, the last Muppet movie wasn't awful.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Bu🤠ns

Elmo isn't nearly as bad as Baby Bear...

:argh!: