News:

We can't help you...in fact, we're part of the problem.

Main Menu

Fucking hell, Neil Armstrong died.

Started by Suu, August 25, 2012, 08:33:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

Quote from: Cain on August 27, 2012, 12:07:50 AM
Fuck you Suu, my dad died from being sarcastically gassed alongside holocaust deniers.  In a fire.

:lulz:

Quote from: v3x on August 27, 2012, 12:23:01 AM
Quote from: Suu on August 27, 2012, 12:03:46 AM
Quote from: v3x on August 26, 2012, 04:22:17 AM
It's true. Nobody will ever be able to wear a bungee cord and bounce around on a sound stage like Neil Armstrong.

Sarcasm or not, as a granddaughter of a former and well-respected employee of Grumman in Bethpage, Long Island, NY who's hands touched every single Lunar Excursion Module ever made, I am obligated to tell you to eat shit, die in a fire, and burn in hell. I hope Buzz Aldrin punches your miserable teeth out.
Okay.

-Suu
Thinks moon landing conspiracy theorists should be rounded up with the Holocaust non-believers and gassed. Thank you.
That's why I was making fun of them.

But I guess I should know by now not to go disrespecting sacred cows around Discordians.

Congratulations on your sarcasm, I'm going to bed.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: HandsomeGirl on August 27, 2012, 02:04:24 AM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 27, 2012, 12:54:58 AM
Quote from: HandsomeGirl on August 27, 2012, 12:46:46 AM
I'm not usually a big fan of being upset when people die, whether it's someone I know personally or not.  Eighty two is pretty ripe, and that would generally lead me to feel less upset about it.  This one got me in the gut just a little, though.

That's a very odd thing to say. Have you lost anyone close to you? I don't think anyone is a "fan" of being upset, but would you say something like that if your kid died? Or when you lose a parent? I would think that if you were emotionally impacted by the death of an astronaut, you would probably be more impacted if someone you knew personally died. The only thing that makes that really makes that comment make sense is if it's still only theoretical to you.

I don't think it's a tragedy when an old person dies of natural causes, as that's what happens and hopefully old age means a full life well-lived. But upset is a normal reaction to death and loss, even when it's a normal death at the end of a long life.

Well, this is going to be fun.  Not that I blame you for asking, most people do when it comes to my reaction to the recently dead.

I suppose I shouldn't have said that I'm not a big fan of being upset when people die.  Of course no one likes being upset. I just really couldn't care less.

I'll start by answering the question of whether I've lost people I was close to.  Yes, several.  Including family members.  All four grandparents, one step grandfather (I guess you'd call him that, anyway.)  Aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

This isn't just a recent development, in fact my family mostly thinks I'm freak for it.  They all still talk about when I lost my maternal granfather when I was five.  From what I'm told I witnessed his death, and merely remarked, "Old Papa's alllllllllll gone."  I then proceeded to happily play with my toys.

I honestly don't understand it myself.  Death makes me feel nothing, and it never has.  No frowns, no tears, no matter how much I loved a person.  When I was younger I used to try to force myself to cry during funerals just so I'd fit in. 

It's not that I don't care about people.  I cry frequently when bad things happen to people I love.  I threaten people who hurt my friends within an inch of their life, and have been known to make good on those threats.  I protect my son to the point that I'd just love to keep him in a bubble.  I bitch at my husband for doing dangerous man-things.  I donate to food pantries and have on occasion paid for a stranger's child's medicine.

But as far as the already deceased, I can't even force myself to give a single fuck.  I feel like a horrible person for it sometimes, and it makes me jealous that other people do feel something for it.  I keep on expecting it to bother me eventually, but it never does.

So if it was my child?  Maybe, but I really hope I don't have to find out.

My parents are a different story, but I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire for other reasons.

As for Mr. Armstrong, it hit me in the gut for science past was all.

This thread is getting way off topic. >.<

Well, at least you're not an attention whore about it, or anything.  :lulz:
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

I interrupt my bed-going for this related post.

:horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth: :horrormirth:

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Suu

That, Nigel, is the new futuretm of mankind.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Oh, apparently it's just a running gag among Green Day fans. Nothing to despair about, beyond the fact that Green Day fans exist.

The Dark Monk

I know it's Green Day fans saying this, but I say guilt by association in this instance, and shoot them all.
Unless of course they are:  :troll:
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

The Dark Monk

Also: SUU I hope this makes you happy before bed! I found something cool I want to share.
~MIAB~

Suu

He belongs there more than Hayden Christensen and Sebastian Shaw put together. True story.

Also, my grandmother claims to have had Neil Armstrong over for dinner. My dad and my aunt both disagree.

Placid Dingo

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 27, 2012, 12:54:58 AM
I'm not usually a big fan of being upset when people die, whether it's someone I know personally or not.  Eighty two is pretty ripe, and that would generally lead me to feel less upset about it.  This one got me in the gut just a little, though.

That's a very odd thing to say. Have you lost anyone close to you? I don't think anyone is a "fan" of being upset, but would you say something like that if your kid died? Or when you lose a parent? I would think that if you were emotionally impacted by the death of an astronaut, you would probably be more impacted if someone you knew personally died. The only thing that makes that really makes that comment make sense is if it's still only theoretical to you.

I don't think it's a tragedy when an old person dies of natural causes, as that's what happens and hopefully old age means a full life well-lived. But upset is a normal reaction to death and loss, even when it's a normal death at the end of a long life.

Well, this is going to be fun.  Not that I blame you for asking, most people do when it comes to my reaction to the recently dead.

I suppose I shouldn't have said that I'm not a big fan of being upset when people die.  Of course no one likes being upset. I just really couldn't care less.

I'll start by answering the question of whether I've lost people I was close to.  Yes, several.  Including family members.  All four grandparents, one step grandfather (I guess you'd call him that, anyway.)  Aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

This isn't just a recent development, in fact my family mostly thinks I'm freak for it.  They all still talk about when I lost my maternal granfather when I was five.  From what I'm told I witnessed his death, and merely remarked, "Old Papa's alllllllllll gone."  I then proceeded to happily play with my toys.

I honestly don't understand it myself.  Death makes me feel nothing, and it never has.  No frowns, no tears, no matter how much I loved a person.  When I was younger I used to try to force myself to cry during funerals just so I'd fit in. 

It's not that I don't care about people.  I cry frequently when bad things happen to people I love.  I threaten people who hurt my friends within an inch of their life, and have been known to make good on those threats.  I protect my son to the point that I'd just love to keep him in a bubble.  I bitch at my husband for doing dangerous man-things.  I donate to food pantries and have on occasion paid for a stranger's child's medicine.

But as far as the already deceased, I can't even force myself to give a single fuck.  I feel like a horrible person for it sometimes, and it makes me jealous that other people do feel something for it.  I keep on expecting it to bother me eventually, but it never does.

My parents are a different story, but I wouldn't piss on them if they were on fire for other reasons.

Not intuitively having the 'appropriate' reaction doesn't mean you don't actually care. It's OK not to cry or be outwardly emotional. If you lose someone and you know you're gonna miss them, well thats caring.
Haven't paid rent since 2014 with ONE WEIRD TRICK.

The Dark Monk

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 27, 2012, 03:30:40 AM

Not intuitively having the 'appropriate' reaction doesn't mean you don't actually care. It's OK not to cry or be outwardly emotional. If you lose someone and you know you're gonna miss them, well thats caring.
This is the perfect match of words that I was looking for.

When my cousin was murdered, I could not cry. I was too angry. When my uncle died, I saw it coming through a long period of drug abuse. When my great uncle died to Agent Orange, I saw a long period of decay, and there was more sadness during the last of his life than his death. When my grandparents died I saw them hooked up and knew it was their time. I think I personally find an excuse to NOT cry, though in my cousins case I honestly can't see more of a reaction that anger, frustration and a bit of instability even from a "normal" reaction standpoint.
~MIAB~

HandsomeGirl

Quote from: Placid Dingo on August 27, 2012, 03:30:40 AM

Yeah, that's about it.  "I miss this person, and probably always will.   Anyway, let's get back to shit."

And yeah, I was kind of attention whorey about it >.< I just always feel a need to explain it thoroughly for fear of sounding like a twat that hates people.

Back to relevant things. If the Green Day/Neil Armsrong thing weren't just a gag, I would have a good reason to be a twat that just hates people.
I've nothing worthwhile to put here.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Dark Monk on August 27, 2012, 02:56:00 AM
I know it's Green Day fans saying this, but I say guilt by association in this instance, and shoot them all.
Unless of course they are:  :troll:

Tour de France? Three Armstrong :troll:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

What is this: >.<  ?

A really, really skinny guy's bunghole?

What does it mean?

The Dark Monk

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on August 27, 2012, 04:56:30 AM
What is this: >.<  ?

A really, really skinny guy's bunghole?

What does it mean?
Heh. I'mma put this back in the safe, it wasn't mean for this type of publicity, heh, you see, my ex got really mad once, and she put it on the interwebz, and we did uh...nvm. Just gonna take it and leave.....
~MIAB~