News:

I liked how they introduced her, like "her mother died in an insane asylum thinking she was Queen Victoria" and my thought was, I like where I think this is going. I was not disappointed.

Main Menu

OM:F is AUM?

Started by CorbeauEtRenard, September 05, 2012, 08:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CorbeauEtRenard

According to these guys, just experiencing things that are out of the ordinary makes you more creative.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/scott-barry-kaufman/why-weird-experiences-boost-creativity_b_1568677.html

My holy mission is vindicated!  :lulz:
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

Well, duh, I,would think that is rather intuitive.  They paid someone to study that?
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

CorbeauEtRenard

It's not that unusual experiences improve cognitive flexibility that I was surprised by, so much as how readily it does it.

Though given the people out there, I have to wonder how so few people could have so few interesting experiences.

I guess that also reinforces my firm belief that everyone's a freak and the ones who seem normal are just better at hiding it.  :lulz:
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: CorbeauEtRenard on September 06, 2012, 01:32:35 AM
It's not that unusual experiences improve cognitive flexibility that I was surprised by, so much as how readily it does it.

Though given the people out there, I have to wonder how so few people could have so few interesting experiences.

I guess that also reinforces my firm belief that everyone's a freak and the ones who seem normal are just better at hiding it.  :lulz:

I think that's pretty close to the truth.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Elder Iptuous

the most significant part of this article is that it is apparently a breakfast delicacy in the Netherlands to have a butter and chocolate chip sandwich.