News:

PD.com: The culmination of the 'Ted Stevens Plan'

Main Menu

40-year old Cheddar Cheese for sale in Wisconsin

Started by Suu, August 30, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Suu

http://host.madison.com/business/cheese-lovers-rejoice-recently-discovered--year-old-cheddar-to/article_941f88b6-f219-11e1-af20-001a4bcf887a.html

Because, you would buy it too.

QuoteIn the back of his walk-in cooler, Zahn, 73, found several wooden boxes of cheddar cheese from the now-closed County Line Cheese in Oconto that over the years had repeatedly been buried by incoming cheese products.

The result is 40-year-old cheddar that makes up part of what is likely the oldest collection of cheese ever assembled and sold to the public, according to experts.

"It just got overlooked," Zahn said. "It looks just like the others except it's just a lot sharper. It's got character."

The others? Those would be the boxes of 34-year-old and 28-year-old cheddar.
Sovereign Episkopos-Princess Kaousuu; Esq., Battle Nun, Bene Gesserit.
Our Lady of Perpetual Confusion; 1st Church of Discordia

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

tyrannosaurus vex

Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

LMNO

Suu

Quote from: v3x on August 30, 2012, 04:47:39 PM
I thought you were talking about Paul Ryan :(

I got to visit Wisconsin for the first time this year. I really don't know where the hell they get people like him and Scott Walker. Everyone out there is just so chill and awesome and totally not Republican.

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on August 30, 2012, 04:47:50 PM
WANTWANTWANTWANTWANTWANT

My friends are going to get some when it goes on sale in Milwaukee. They are going to see if they can ship me some safely.

"Add a dab of lavender to milk, leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it."

AFK

I bet he'll get a lot of folks coming to him to wheel and deal.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Suu

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on August 30, 2012, 05:08:35 PM
I bet he'll get a lot of folks coming to him to wheel and deal.

But if he's sharp, he won't budge.

East Coast Hustle

Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

CorbeauEtRenard

Quoteexcept it's just a lot sharper.
QuoteBut if he's sharp
QuoteI have the sharpest boner right now.

Richter!  :argh!:
Art is Dead! (If You Want It)

EK WAFFLR

"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

East Coast Hustle

Mine wasn't a pun. I actually have a dangerously pointed erection thinking about this cheese.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on August 30, 2012, 10:49:00 PM
Mine wasn't a pun. I actually have a dangerously pointed erection thinking about this cheese.

Wisconsin needs men like you ECH. Have you considered going into politics?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on August 30, 2012, 11:05:06 PM

Everyone grab your splatter shields.  This just got ugly.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

East Coast Hustle

I thought about it briefly (and actually ran for public office once) but upon closer examination I realized that I do, in fact, have a soul.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on August 31, 2012, 12:25:07 AM

I thought about it briefly (and actually ran for public office once) but upon closer examination I realized that I do, in fact, have a soul.

It was suggested to me last spring that I run for state level congress.  I had to decline, because I would have to tell my parents that I was a male prostitute or a glory hole attendant so they wouldn't be so ashamed.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on August 31, 2012, 12:25:07 AM

Well, having a soul would seem a disadvantage, but it does give you opportunity for talking points that nobody else has.  Plus you'll definitely get the disabled vote!  We need Real Soul here in Wisconsin. So far it's just been Oligarchical Country, Rebel Rap, and the Cheese Lobby's all pervasive influence.

Not to derail the thread too much, but what kind of position did you run for?
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl