News:

That line from the father's song in Mary Poppins, where he's going on about how nothing can go wrong, in Britain in 1910.  That's about the point I realized the boy was gonna die in a trench.

Main Menu

40-year old Cheddar Cheese for sale in Wisconsin

Started by Suu, August 30, 2012, 04:46:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

If it's 40 years old, it'll be as shelf-stable as it can get. I wouldn't freeze it, just refrigerate it until it's time to send it and then wrap it in saran wrap, put that in a ziploc bag, wrap that in tape or something and send it priority. Oh, and I can probably cover the shipping, since ECHGF works at a UPS store and can just have you download a shipping label.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

The Wizard Joseph

Alright then, barring horrible mischance this may well be possible.  I kind of feel like a holy relic dealer working in a non-profit capacity! I will contact you if and when the parcel is ready.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

East Coast Hustle

Word. And thanks again, whether it ends up happening or not.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Kai

I wish I was still in state so I could buy some of this. Maybe my dad can swing some connections...
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

The Wizard Joseph

A prodigal native huh? My sympathies.  The offer is on the table for anybody, but as I said it's cost plus shipping. 

Except for ECH, dude just keep the cash and put it toward this here worthy cause of a site!
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Wizard Joseph

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

Alright then. The time has come to see if I can get the cheddar. I leave to the Milwaukee area in the A.M.

On Saturday the Cheddar of Nixon goes on sale at Wisconsin Cheese Mart. I will go forth, and if fortune be with me, find this cheddar.

I will be out of contact with the forum for a week(ish). Wish you good, gentle folk of PD well! If I am successful I will have the cheese when I return.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: CAKE on October 04, 2012, 04:54:29 AM
May Nixon and the Cheese be with you!
thanks Nigel! I think they were with me, but the effect was to not give me almost anything that I had expected.

For a lot of reasons the whole thing, the trip, the people I went home to see, the cheddar mission, all went totally awry. I have taken some time off from the board lately to re-prioritize my goals and the like. I've been heavily encouraged by some of my friends to get back to writing without distraction. ( One actually went so far as to prank call me as the character Trashy from the story to berate me. "you had a deal with the Garbage! Get back to work, get some paper and whatever else you need." Fucking union calls  :x ) I'm gonna do this. I have to get things back on track. I'll be around infrequently for a while, but sincerely hope the folks here are well! 

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl