News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

ITT: Books that are cause for firing

Started by Richter, September 02, 2012, 12:16:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richter

Dune, Frank Herbert:  Employees reading this may develop messianic delusions, and attempt to cultivate loyalty based on charismatic personality and noble acts.  Expectation of leaders to model desired behavior may emerge.  Fanaticism may develop in weaker personalities.  Grandiose statements about environment, resource dependence, or the value of knives may emerge.  Have security or law enforcement on hand for termination proceedings, expect drastic responses and cries of "MUAD'IB"

Add books, reasons, etc, as you see fit.  Go!
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Dark Monk

Don't forget the rallying if the Imperial Sardaukar, which may in fact cause WWIII.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

In my case, I'm fairly sure if I brought "Jennifer Government" to work with me, I'd likely be asked to remove myself from the premises.

Elaborating on that point from a work computer would probably be detrimental to my future with the company, as well.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Eater of Clowns

#3
aHouse of Leaves, Mark Z. Danielewski:  Employees likely to be found idiosyncratically measuring and videotaping the office space, comparing their findings with building blueprints.  Reports frequently turned in with excessive footnotes and unprofessional destruction of the fourth wall, mocking potential investors under the guise of a misanthropic pseudonym and providing far too detailed information on the literary undertakings of obsure and potentially nonexistent amateur scholars.  Beware pseudointellectualism1.

1Employee may find themelves lost in the ever shifting landscape of the office, escaping an unseen malevolence.a
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

Quote
the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

AFK

The Game: The boss,will be damned if you are going to beat him in achieving the conquest of the hot number in accounts payable.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

AFK

300 Signs Your Boss is that Pointy Haired Twirp from Dilbert:  obvious reasons are obvious
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Dark Monk

50 Shades of grey: Your boss' wife may have read it, explaining it in crushing detail like their section on nipple clamps. He then files sexual harassment against you.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

Faust

Atlas shrugged, may turn employees in to entrepreneurs1

1 libertarians with unwarranted self importance and unwarranted self entitlement

1 Assholes
Sleepless nights at the chateau

AFK

Garfield Minus Garfield:  May make your boss realise you have been completely redundant and unneccessary all along.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Richter

Quote from: Eater of Clowns on September 02, 2012, 08:21:30 PM
aHouse of Leaves, Mark Z. Danielewski:  Employees likely to be found idiosyncratically measuring and videotaping the office space, comparing their findings with building blueprints.  Reports frequently turned in with excessive footnotes and unprofessional destruction of the fourth wall, mocking potential investors under the guise of a misanthropic pseudonym and providing far too detailed information on the literary undertakings of obsure and potentially nonexistent amateur scholars.  Beware pseudointellectualism1.

1Employee may find themelves lost in the ever shifting landscape of the office, escaping an unseen malevolence.a

Also known to cause depression.  Possible madness in the suggestible.  Present termination documents without footnotes, end notes, citations, or trappings of academia.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

The Wizard Joseph

Listen Little Man by Dr. Wilhelm Reich.
I work in a VERY advanced hospital and am absent minded enough to leave it on just the wrong coffee-table(s).
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Richter

Quote from: Faust on September 03, 2012, 03:46:48 PM
Atlas shrugged, may turn employees in to entrepreneurs1

1 libertarians with unwarranted self importance and unwarranted self entitlement

1 Assholes

Dead on.  For the same reasons as books on the Labor movement, just opposite end of the scale.
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

Richter

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 02, 2012, 08:30:07 PM
300 Signs Your Boss is that Pointy Haired Twirp from Dilbert:  obvious reasons are obvious

:lulz:
Quote from: Eater of Clowns on May 22, 2015, 03:00:53 AM
Anyone ever think about how Richter inhabits the same reality as you and just scream and scream and scream, but in a good way?   :lulz:

Friendly Neighborhood Mentat

LMNO

Infinite Jest, because carrying around a 1500-page postmodernist book makes you a pretentious douchebag by proxy.