News:

Nothing gets wasted around here

Main Menu

Sitting in a room.

Started by Phox, September 03, 2012, 04:34:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

Sitting in my room with light piano music in my headphones. I'm looking out my window, watching the night. It's raining outside, as it has been ever since Friday.

It's kind of weird. I can't remember the last time I just did this. Just sat and looked out my window, listening to music, and just relaxing.

All too often lately, my relaxing has been putting some movie on (usually my favorite  B-horror trash at that), as reading and other such pursuits tend to remind me too much of the intellectual burnout I've been struggling with.

But this... this is far more relaxing and recuperative. It's meditative, and therapeutic. Just a much needed respite from the trials and tribulations, and horrors and hang ups of the daily grind. Maybe it's all I need.

Luna

Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Phox

Certainly, on both accounts.  :)

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Phox, I think that a lot of us, especially those who are extremely self-motivated, have a tendency to completely forget how to just stop DOING, and just relax and do nothing. I think it's really important to re-learn that from time to time, and to make space for it in our lives.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Phox

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 03, 2012, 06:06:09 AM
Phox, I think that a lot of us, especially those who are extremely self-motivated, have a tendency to completely forget how to just stop DOING, and just relax and do nothing. I think it's really important to re-learn that from time to time, and to make space for it in our lives.
I completely agree. Gotta remember that for the next time I have a day or two to myself.  :)

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Totally feel you on that, except that it hasn't rained here for more than a month.

And your new avatar is fucking sweet.
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

Phox

Quote from: Net on September 03, 2012, 07:23:27 AM
Totally feel you on that, except that it hasn't rained here for more than a month.

It has rained here precisely 7 days since April, and this is just from the hurricane :horrormirth: :horrormirth:

And thank you.  :)

The Dark Monk

You have hurricane weather too? God has been pissing on me since 6 days ago. I think I'm going to miss the bulk of it however.
I thought this is all there is,
but now I know you are so much more.
I want to upgrade from my simple eight bits,
but will you still love me when I'm sixty-four?
~MIAB~

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on September 03, 2012, 04:34:31 AM
Sitting in my room with light piano music in my headphones. I'm looking out my window, watching the night. It's raining outside, as it has been ever since Friday.

It's kind of weird. I can't remember the last time I just did this. Just sat and looked out my window, listening to music, and just relaxing.

All too often lately, my relaxing has been putting some movie on (usually my favorite  B-horror trash at that), as reading and other such pursuits tend to remind me too much of the intellectual burnout I've been struggling with.

But this... this is far more relaxing and recuperative. It's meditative, and therapeutic. Just a much needed respite from the trials and tribulations, and horrors and hang ups of the daily grind. Maybe it's all I need.

So some people say, and who am I to argue with you?

Myself, I prefer to rely on roller derby.  It is the only thing I love that loves me back.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Luna

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 04, 2012, 01:02:58 AM
Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on September 03, 2012, 04:34:31 AM

So some people say, and who am I to argue with you?

Myself, I prefer to rely on roller derby.  It is the only thing I love that loves me back.

Me, I stab men in the junk for fun and relaxation.  (Sorry, Richter.)
Death-dealing hormone freak of deliciousness
Pagan-Stomping Valkyrie of the Interbutts™
Rampaging Slayer of Shit-Fountain Habitues

"My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know, everybody you see, everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake, and they live in a state of constant, total amazement."

Quote from: The Payne on November 16, 2011, 07:08:55 PM
If Luna was a furry, she'd sex humans and scream "BEASTIALITY!" at the top of her lungs at inopportune times.

Quote from: Nigel on March 24, 2011, 01:54:48 AM
I like the Luna one. She is a good one.

"Stop talking to yourself.  You don't like you any better than anyone else who knows you."

Kai

Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on September 03, 2012, 07:26:41 AM
Quote from: Net on September 03, 2012, 07:23:27 AM

It has rained here precisely 7 days since April, and this is just from the hurricane :horrormirth: :horrormirth:

And thank you.  :)

I didn't know you got such little rain this year.  :sad:
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish