News:

Testamonial:  And i have actually gone to a bar and had a bouncer try to start a fight with me on the way in. I broke his teeth out of his fucking mouth and put his face through a passenger side window of a car.

Guess thats what the Internet was build for, pussy motherfuckers taking shit in safety...

Main Menu

Discordianism and PD: A Primer for New Folks

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 07, 2012, 04:57:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Dark Monk on September 07, 2012, 07:34:42 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 07, 2012, 07:28:51 PM
Quote from: Richter, Baron von on September 07, 2012, 07:26:09 PM
Addendum to that:  Many new Discordians go through a stage of 23pinealspew rubbish spouting. 

If this is where you are while reading this, go off and do it somewhere else.  We will still be here when you're done.

Get the hot dog thing out of the way while you're gone too.

I don't consider word salad to be Discordian.  I consider it to be a sign of brain damage, and the person doing it to be in need of a little "electroshock therapy" to be administered on the spot.

Not because it will help, because it won't, but because I like to see the reaction.
Yeah Roger you're the greatest! You have all the ideas I do but say them first! You're so awesome!
Or the closely related:
FUCK YOU YOU NEVER HAVE GOOD IDEAS I NEVER LISTEN TO YOU ALL YOU DO IS SPOUT SHIT ROGER.
^^^^
Quotes like this towards people tends to get you in trouble. Keep an open mind and keep IN mind multiple points of view are the point. Blatantly doing the opposite of someone or hanging on to their every word to look cool will make you look like an ass.
(Used Roger simply because people tend to have the strongest feeling towards him when joining.)

Nobody gets in trouble for that.  They might get ridiculed, etc, but it's not like we ban people for it.

Thing is, I have a big mouth, and I rant a lot.  Some people see that as a reason to come here, thinking that I'm some sort of guru or something.  They think that I'm JOKING about hating all of You People, or that it somehow doesn't apply to THEM, because they're special little flowers.  Then when they find out that it DOES, they get totally butthurt and I'm the worst person EVER.

Then there's the kind that come on, and they need to FIGHT THE POWER.  So they pick one of the more outspoken people (Nigel, myself, et al), and they're gonna SAVE YOU ALL from me/us/whatever by FIGHTING THE POWER.  Then when the poor benighted PDers don't join their revolution and/or kiss their feet in gratitude, they get all fucking pissed off because I've been using the MIND CONTROL LASERS again.

I hate the first kind of person more, because I don't like "disciples", no matter WHO they're following, even - ESPECIALLY - if I'm the poor sap they've decided to follow.

THINK FOR YOUR FUCKING SELF, ASSHOLE.  And if you want to be a hero, go play a fucking video game or something.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 07, 2012, 07:50:55 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 07, 2012, 07:34:02 PM
Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 07, 2012, 07:31:32 PM
Discordianism: it pulls the tape off.

Sort of reminds me of my old "bad toupee" rant.   :lulz:

Yes! Pls to find and bump? I would like to re-read.

I have NO idea where it is.  I think it's in AT.  I'll look around a little later.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Faust

We encourage all new people to start a thread in their first week. Preferrably on a topic that we all find interesting please see the below list for inspiration:

• Athiesm
  • Drugs
  • Magik and sigels
  • Liberatianism
  • Feminism
Sleepless nights at the chateau

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Faust on September 07, 2012, 10:48:28 PM
We encourage all new people to start a thread in their first week. Preferrably on a topic that we all find interesting please see the below list for inspiration:

• Athiesm
  • Drugs
  • Magik and sigels
  • Liberatianism
  • Feminism

Faust is bad for you.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 07, 2012, 10:54:20 PM

• Athiesm
  • Drugs
  • Magik and sigels
  • Liberatianism
  • Feminism

Faust is bad for you.

But we want to know RIGHT AWAY if they're going to develop RogerObsession(TM) or NigelIgnore(TM) and THOSE THREADS WOULD BE THE ONES TO FLUSH IT OUT.  :lulz:
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

AFK

"Nonesense as Salvation

The human race will begin solving its problems on the day it ceases taking itself so seriously."

We arrive at Point A we WILL leave at Point B.  Allow yourself every opportunity to experience and explore as much space as possible in between.

Do not be satisfied with the straight and narrow, do not follow the bee line, march to YOUR fucking beat and anyone who tells you that is wrong can pound sand, that includes anyone and everyone here.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 07, 2012, 11:24:50 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 07, 2012, 10:54:20 PM

• Athiesm
  • Drugs
  • Magik and sigels
  • Liberatianism
  • Feminism

Faust is bad for you.

But we want to know RIGHT AWAY if they're going to develop RogerObsession(TM) or NigelIgnore(TM) and THOSE THREADS WOULD BE THE ONES TO FLUSH IT OUT.  :lulz:

:lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

Remember always that Discordianism™ is for bludgeoning people.

You know, just like every other religion.

LMNO

The Good Reverend Roger

Verbal Mike

X-Post OP to Blog Board! It would be a great first post in the new bloggy homepage thingie.
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

zarathustrasbastardson

Quote from: Man Yellow on September 11, 2012, 01:29:26 AM
Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on September 11, 2012, 01:26:25 AM
Would this be right time for

:notnice:

Yes, it would.   :lulz:

And that's where you're wrong, Discordia is the nicest thing since a half and half on a hot summers missourah day..

You're all damned! Damned to an existence of drawing straws... except no one ever gets the shortest one... you all just keep drawing straws.. to no end.. the winner would be able to see reality as it really is, but none of you... you'll just be like... "darnit, another tie, better start over"

:kingmeh:
chaos is truth
radiate better