News:

Testimonial - Well it seems that most of you "discordians" are little more than dupes of the Cathedral/NWO memetic apparatus after all -- "freethinkers" in the sense that you are willing to think slightly outside the designated boxes of correct thought, but not free in the sense that you reject the existence of the boxes and seek their destruction.

Main Menu

When Things Go Horribly Wrong

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 09, 2012, 10:07:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anna Mae Bollocks

Yeah. I really didn't want to get in the middle of this one. There were a few times I wanted to say something but it would have seemed like getting between brother/sister/husband/wife/whatever. In those situations I've learned to shut up if no one is getting killed, interfering makes things worse IME. I hope that was a correct assessment and I wasn't the asshole who stood by and let things go to shit. It was a hard call. In any case, I hope this can be ironed out somehow, I'm still at "wait and see".
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Verbal Mike

I also really don't want to get involved (despite it all looking like a misunderstanding from the outside, frankly), but Nigel has kinda disappeared and I wonder if anyone knows for sure that it's not because of a medical emergency?
Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

Signora Pæsior

Quote from: VERBL on September 10, 2012, 11:27:05 AM
I also really don't want to get involved (despite it all looking like a misunderstanding from the outside, frankly), but Nigel has kinda disappeared and I wonder if anyone knows for sure that it's not because of a medical emergency?

Yeah, I missed a lot of what went down (I'm on a semi-internet-hiatus) but this did occur to me as well.  :|
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Anna Mae Bollocks

She was on fb earlier, seemed to be ok.
Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Signora Pæsior

Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

Verbal Mike

Unless stated otherwise, feel free to copy or reproduce any text I post anywhere and any way you like. I will never throw a hissy-fit over it, promise.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: VERBL on September 10, 2012, 11:27:05 AM

It is not.  Or at least it wasn't yesterday.

She left due to the various discussions in the feminism threads.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Juana

I'm thinking maybe there's more going on then we know about? Or maybe all the stuff going on for her got to her. You know her pattern of behavior better than I do, but this doesn't seem very much like her usually.
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 10, 2012, 05:53:10 PM
I'm thinking maybe there's more going on then we know about? Or maybe all the stuff going on for her got to her. You know her pattern of behavior better than I do, but this doesn't seem very much like her usually.

She was pretty damn vocal about her leaving and why, in the latest & greatest feminism thread, and in Alty's thread.

But since nobody READS, they just YELL, I can see how the fuck it got missed.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Juana

No, I did read those threads. I'm a bit appalled by the barrage of texts. I'm just saying, in long terms behavior patterns, that doesn't seem, to me, to be terribly Nigel-y and she's under a fair bit of stress lately. But you've known her for longer than I have, so I could be wrong. *shrug*
"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on September 10, 2012, 06:20:40 PM
No, I did read those threads. I'm a bit appalled by the barrage of texts. I'm just saying, in long terms behavior patterns, that doesn't seem, to me, to be terribly Nigel-y and she's under a fair bit of stress lately. But you've known her for longer than I have, so I could be wrong. *shrug*

Of course she's under stress.  She just got half her guts scooped out, and her financial situation is somewhere between "crap" and "everything's on fire".

But that doesn't change the fact that she no longer respects me.  And without mutual respect, you can't really have a friendship, can you?  Again, I place no blame on her.  It's just that the fucking world changed on me again.  It got tidied up.

AFK

For all of the differences I have with Nigel, I do empathize with her medical situation.  My wife had to go through pretty much the same procedure due to some severe complications from the last pregnancy.  I came close to losing one or both of them. (which may have added to some of my snarkiness over the past few months)  Anyway, I DO hope she (Nigel) is feeling better soon.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.