News:

No, we're not mercenaries. We just carry weapons and kill things for the joy of the experience.

Main Menu

Discordian Coupon Scam

Started by GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327, September 10, 2012, 02:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GavrielDiscordiaEPIS:327

This Discordian Coupon scam flyer was found in a WalMart in Louisiana.

I know nothing else about it. And its very curious that 'DISCORDIA' has a Copyright symbol next to it. Has someone copy-written the word 'DISCORDIA'? Dont know...

The thing that really freaked me out was the fact that i was running a physical Discordia Culture Shop in the same city at the same time that these scam coupons were discovered.

They seem to appear to be working coupons that were the same amount of discount as the price of the products themselves. A store clerk told me they were being printed from off the net somewhere...

Has anyone heard of this before?

Nephew Twiddleton

Is that actually a Copyright symbol? It would make more sense if it was a registered trademark symbol. However, it might also be backwards.

Anyway, Dr. Pepper, 23 flavors. Cute.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Cain

Interesting...looks like someone, or a group of someone's is preying on the admittedly somewhat easy marks at Wal-Mart.

I have to admit, this is the first I've heard of it, but many cabals and individuals prefer to fly low on the radar, and for good reason.

AFK

They are easy marks, because the cashiers always have lines of 10 people because they sadistically only open like 5 registers, and so the cashier isn't going to worry too much about it.  They are under immense pressure just to get people through.  Though, ther is always that one, that somehow finds ecery conceivable way to fuck up and constantly require management help.
Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

The Wizard Joseph

That's just brilliant! Illegal, unethical, weird, but brilliant.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Its walmart. I think you can chuck inethical out in that context.

The Wizard Joseph

It says that it's a manufacturer's coupon. These could be used anywhere there are over-worked cashiers. It might even work on a slow day at a mom and pop store.

Time index on the photo also says this was almost a year ago!  :lulz:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Ah fair enough.  I thought they were walmart specific.

The Wizard Joseph

Not directly related, but I know a lot of Renaissance Fair folk. My cousin and her fiance buy tents from wal mart, use the HELL out of them and exchange them for new ones. This is apparently standard practice. I say it's their rules...use them.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl