News:

I WILL KILL A MOTHERFUCKER.

Main Menu

People are going nuts about fluoride

Started by ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞, September 14, 2012, 05:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 16, 2012, 04:42:08 PM
Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 16, 2012, 03:16:02 PM
I wouldn't worry too much about fluoride in the water, what's more likely to fuck people up are the trace, or not so trace, pharmaceuticals in the water supplies.  There is no conclusive science out there right now that tells us what the long term consequences of prolonged exposure to even trace amounts of pharmaceuticals.  The best they can come with at this point is "fuck if we know?"

Don't worry about the fluoride.

Yeah, pretty much this.

Not to mention PCBs, mercury, lead, arsenic, radionuclides, DDE, VOCs, MTBE, and a host of other industrial contaminants.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 14, 2012, 07:08:42 PM
Something else occurs to me...(nano-rant follows):

Really Portland?  REALLY?  The "city of the weird", and the BEST you can do is some rehashed Bircher shit?  FUCK YOU, PORTLAND, YOU'VE LET ME DOWN FOR THE LAST TIME.  We're cutting off all trade.  No more un-rusted 80s bikes for YOU, fuckers!

Well Cameron Whitten(sp?) did end his hunger strike in front of city hall for the right of a homelesss tent city to keep operating downtown...slow news cycle, I guess.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Roly Poly Oly-Garch

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on September 15, 2012, 05:43:52 PM
Show me any evidence that anyone's physiology involves fluoride being bad for them at the amount they receive from drinking tap water. Otherwise, that's a pretty meaningless argument that can be applied to literally anything.

Plus there's the option to ingest BPA in bottled water if the tap-water offends a person.
Back to the fecal matter in the pool

Kai

I wouldn't worry too much about fluoride in the water, what's more likely to fuck people up are the trace, or not so trace, pharmaceuticals in the water supplies.  There is no conclusive science out there right now that tells us what the long term consequences of prolonged exposure to even trace amounts of pharmaceuticals.  The best they can come with at this point is "fuck if we know?"

Yeah, pretty much this.

Seconding this.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Anna Mae Bollocks

Quote from: A Very Hairy Monkey In An Ill-Fitting Tunic on September 16, 2012, 02:57:01 PM
"Spinach"

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Yeah, PUT MORE IRON in the tap water! That won't precipitate out any more than it already does! How about we add calcium as well?

:facepalm:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

The Wizard Joseph

All I can say on the subject is: OMG Babies don't even have teeth man! <Is hyperlink!

The fluoride bit is a little too much to me. I'm fine and I've been on the 'ride for my whole life.

Also, OCE, dude, you seem bright. You are acting a bit like a jerk though. Do not mistake opposition of thought for an insult and open fire. Unless you are here to troll. If that is the case... good fuckin' luck. You were warned. Where do you think trolls come from, huh?  :eek:
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

hirley0

Quote from: ZL 'Kai' Burington, M.S. on September 16, 2012, 05:40:43 PM

Yeah, pretty much this.

Seconding this.  weighing IN 71.5Kg 1.5 over

i think i should weigh may often: 1:40:40.? pdT

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

Next Saturday they're having a big fluoride protest: https://www.facebook.com/events/430120720358121/

Do any Portland spags want to go with me to sell handmade tin (okay, aluminum) foil hats to the protesters and film the encounter?
P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Net on September 17, 2012, 01:11:07 AM
Next Saturday they're having a big fluoride protest: https://www.facebook.com/events/430120720358121/

I suppose they felt they had too much credibility with regard to the whole Occupy thing.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 01:13:07 AM
Quote from: Net on September 17, 2012, 01:11:07 AM

I suppose they felt they had too much credibility with regard to the whole Occupy thing.

If I can't dance on Henry Trendley Dean's grave, it's not my revolution!

The Good Reverend Roger

I think, in the end, freaking out about a fucking conspiracy theory is easier than freaking out about mega-corporations fucking us in the ass.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 02:29:12 AM
I think, in the end, freaking out about a fucking conspiracy theory is easier than freaking out about mega-corporations fucking us in the ass.

DING! DING! MOTHERFUCKING DING!

The Wizard Joseph

I think it's probably both. It's the freaking out that needs to be addressed IMO. It is ineffective... and predictable.

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 17, 2012, 02:39:12 AM

I think it's probably both. It's the freaking out that needs to be addressed IMO. It is ineffective... and predictable.

I'm gonna disagree.  Freaking out was, for a time, effective as hell.  But now many protestors have found something more underground to protest.  Retro-activism.  I'm cooler than you are, because I'm on the leading edge of protest.  And so on.

Hipster paradise.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Fidel Castro on September 17, 2012, 02:46:17 AM
Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on September 17, 2012, 02:39:12 AM

I'm gonna disagree.  Freaking out was, for a time, effective as hell.  But now many protestors have found something more underground to protest.  Retro-activism.  I'm cooler than you are, because I'm on the leading edge of protest.  And so on.

Hipster paradise.
See, I wasn't around for the bad old days of protesting. The images and clips from the 60's speak to me of a generation of patriots and nutjobs in equal proportion.  Some were both. They took it seriously and there were very serious consequences.

I cannot say that ALL that goes on today is hippy-hipster-dipsterism, but the current idea of peaceful protest has as much edge to it as boiled toast when compared to iron cats like MLK and Ghandi. They paid the price of speaking truth to power. I don't know enough about Ghandi to say, but I believe king saw the bullet coming. He stood his ground. Others will too in the future, but I wonder if it will be enough in the end.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl