Yankovich's got a grip on first world problems!

Started by The Wizard Joseph, September 18, 2012, 12:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wizard Joseph

This is some funny shit.  Real long song called "Trapped In The Drive-Thru" I been sick all day and it just perked my day right up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmGVYki-oyQ
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

ñͤͣ̄ͦ̌̑͗͊͛͂͗ ̸̨̨̣̺̼̣̜͙͈͕̮̊̈́̈͂͛̽͊ͭ̓͆ͅé ̰̓̓́ͯ́́͞

P E R   A S P E R A   A D   A S T R A

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 18, 2012, 03:00:51 AM
Yankovic

There is no h.

My bad.  :oops:

Joe, a wiz horrible with spelling in a rush.

Quote from: TEXAS FAIRIES FOR ALL YOU SPAGS on September 18, 2012, 05:49:43 AM
Vintage Weird Al, and it's STILL RELEVANT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZcJjMnHoIBI

This one was also the awesomeness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2mU6USTBRE

Yankovic was one of the few musicians I was allowed as a kid. Everything else was either classical, which I still love, or early forms of Christian Pop.

Quote from: Net on September 18, 2012, 07:14:38 AM
Party in the CIA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-CG5w4YwOI

:lulz: That one's REALLY special! Gotta thank you for showing me a new one.
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Wizard Joseph

It would appear he's done lots and lots of stuff since I last looked into him.  I've loved his polka mashups most.
Never heard this one until just now.

Polka Face
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRJILK3NxSM&feature=results_video

Makes me feel like a kid again.  :)

ETA:
Something a little closer to the first world problems theme.
This Is The Life
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1n5XqwUkYw

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Eater of Clowns

I saw him at the local theater about a year ago.  One of the best shows I've been to, honestly.  He played a ton and the whole band did costume changes for just about every set.

Oh, and my girlfriend got me in free because she was a backup dancer, so that was cool.
Quote from: Pippa Twiddleton on December 22, 2012, 01:06:36 AM
EoC, you are the bane of my existence.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on March 07, 2014, 01:18:23 AM
EoC doesn't make creepy.

EoC makes creepy worse.

the afflicted persons get hold of and consume carrots even in socially quite unacceptable situations.

The Wizard Joseph

Sounds like a blast!
I don't get out to many concerts, but if comes anywhere near the LaX area I'll be there if at all possible

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Elder Iptuous

he did a show along with Devo last year in Austin.
man i was upset that i couldn't make that one!

up until i was about 14, weird al and the beatles were about all i listened to other than what my folks put on the radio.

AFK

I've had the fortune to meet the man in person, sounds cliche but he is truly a very down to earth person.  I met him soon after he had the laser eye surgery and had done away with his trademark stache.  So he just looked like some random long-haired dude walking around in the mall.  He put on a hell of a show that night in Portland.  He's definitely a mad-man on that accordian.

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Rev. What's-His-Name? on September 18, 2012, 07:51:07 PM
I've had the fortune to meet the man in person, sounds cliche but he is truly a very down to earth person.  I met him soon after he had the laser eye surgery and had done away with his trademark stache.  So he just looked like some random long-haired dude walking around in the mall.  He put on a hell of a show that night in Portland.  He's definitely a mad-man on that accordian.
That is so cool RWHN! I've met a few celebrities, but can't say I'm a fan of any. I might have just gone all paralytic fanboy on Weird Al. He means so much to me.  :lol:

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

AFK

I had a bad cold at the time so I kept it short and didn't shake his hand or anything.  I didn't want to get the poor guy sick.  I wish I had the death cold when I met Adam Duritz.  THAT guy is a Grade A asshole.

The Wizard Joseph

Who?.. never mind I'll google him.

Here's another Gem from His Weirdlyness

Stop Forwarding That Crap To Me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCSA7kKNu2Y&feature=g-vrec

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl

Nephew Twiddleton

Not clicking.

I once went on a long drive with some friends, and I was the one who sat bitch. The driver didn't listen to anything that the rest of us did, so our options were Korean techno or Weird Al.

We picked Weird Al, because who the fuck wants to listen to Korean techno in a car full of metalheads?

To this day the man makes my nuts uncomfortable.

Twid,
Never realized how irritating the man's voice was until then.
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

The Wizard Joseph

Fair enough Twid!  :lol:

I guess "one man's trash is another man's treasure" still holds true.

- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

- Doktor Hamish Howl