Please take a stand against our terrible values

Main Menu

UNLIMITED holist appreciation thread

Started by Dildo Argentino, September 18, 2012, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 03:30:34 PM
Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 03:29:41 PM
Roger so worked up he fucked up the quotations, ITT.

:lulz:

Now tell me I'm analysing you again, big man! Oh, and swear some. Let off steam.

:lolchix:

What now?
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Dildo Argentino

a bear's been sent to the corner

i've had enough for a bit, so i'll listen here

unless i don't

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 30, 2012, 06:20:57 PM
wut?  i'm not a mod. i haven't the means, personally.

English. The language whose users thought it would be a good idea to get rid of the word for the second person singular pronoun and just use the second person plural one for it, too.

justification?  the mods are very conservative with the ban hammer. few rules get it.  social infractions just get social reactions.

That's how it should be, I reckon.

what's stopping us as a community? tradition.

M'kay... Why is that tradition adaptive? Why is it worth having?

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2012, 06:31:50 PM
Holist- do you want to be banned?

Nope.

Is that what youre trying to go for?

No, it isn't. I'm trying to go for exposing the unspoken, taboo hypocrisies of this community. Which is for laughs, and the public good, at the same time. Without losing my rag ever again. WHich is for practice.

Is that why youre being a dick to everyone?

No. But it's also a loaded, unfair question, Twid: Do you still drink a bottle of cheap vodka each evening before fucking your 13-year-old half-sister?

Is that why you have such a boner for roger?

I don't have a boner for him, but he keeps getting in my way.

If you dont want to be here anymore just stop showing up.

I'll keep that in mind.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 06:37:19 PM
Heh.  I didn't expect any class from you, and I was of course not disappointed.

Confirmation that one still manages to be realistic at least occasionally is nice, no? In the warm fuzzy feeling way of nice.

I did, however, expect you to be called on mocking an apology from one member to another, and in this I was disappointed.  However, it at least shows me where I stand, and I guess I have you to thank for that.  So thanks.  Also, die of cancer.

I did no mocking whatsoever. You are welcome. I don't plan to die of cancer, but if I do, I'll be sure to let you know.

But before you do, make sure to spread loads of your "wisdom" around, because that apparently is what is in demand.

Your word is my command!

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 06:55:37 PM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2012, 06:52:54 PM
Sorry roger- i thought i had called him out on it.

You called him out on wanting to be banned, as far as I can tell.  That's also what Iptuous did.

And rightfully so.

But there's something apparently wrong with my head, because I figured the more egregious thing would have been the fact that he was attacking an honest apology and explanation, not that he commented that he hasn't been banned yet.

Must be me.

Yes, it is you. I was not mocking you at all, I was congratulating you. Without sucking your dick. Something you're not used to around here.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2012, 06:59:34 PM
... The fact that he attacked your apology ... ... why is he a dick to people in general and you specifically.

It came to me in a flash, like vision, screaming across the sky!

Twid! Reading skillz! You could do worse than invest in some of those.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2012, 07:07:30 PM
So heres the thing holist- ive noticed that both with me and roger that you like to take a swipe at people when theyre... I dont know the word. But you took the opportunity to take a swipe at my music for no reason while i was trying to figure out what to do about my blues. And then you take a swipe at roger when hes trying to figure out if his sense of humor still works here and such. Now yeah your kind of a dick so your going to swipe at people anyway. But can you just do us all a favor and butt the fuck out if someone is doing a bit of soul searching or legitimately trying to get some sort of understanding across?

You can still be a dick and not kick someone while theyre down.

Twid, are you fuckin' stupid, or what? I have been trying to put the most magnanimious interpretation on everything I read here for days, but I am hard pressed for a different conclusion.

As you obsessed about your precious alky boredom, you yourself mentioned that you are dissatisfied with the way the music thing is working out in your life, that you are not sure about it, etc. I thought this would be a good opportunity to break the news to you: your band is not particularly talented, the music you produce is without interesting distinguishing features (twelve to a dozen, as they say), your understanding (as a band) of harmony, melody and rhythm is minimal at best: music may not be the field for you, despite the fact that you decided to hang most of your personality on 'being a musician' for a few years. I just shortened this to "your music sucks" for dramatic effect.

You in fact have three decent, bipedal choices: a) stop the music thing altogether, b) wise up on this music thing, there's plenty of publicly available information that would improve your act no end, c)accept that you are a hobbyist: continue playing whatever you feel like playing, but accept that you are not great at it and this is mostly for your own amusement.

And, for the record, I am not mean. But, after all those years, tit-for-tat is still a great way of playing.  :lulz:

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 07:11:18 PM
Quote from: Elder Iptuous on November 30, 2012, 07:08:27 PM
i know full well that you can chew him up yourself.

Yes, this is true.  I never need backup of any kind, or any sort of idea that I'm not on my own when it comes to this sort of thing.

Carry on.

I can hear smarting in that. (Do correct me if I'm wrong!)

But you have done a great deal to spread this idea. Now that people believe that you are who you have claimed repeatedly to be, you don't like it.

A sort of boy-who-cried-wolf story in reverse.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 07:24:55 PM
I've been thinking about this, and my conclusion is this:  Get mad at the sun for rising.  Holist can't help being a vulture, it's his nature.  It's not what he does, it's what he IS.

Think more. Though it should be easy: vulture: has wings and a taste for carrion, lives in medium-size packs, looks ugly to humans, smells bad to humans.

Bear: has no wings, eats most anything, lives alone or temporarily in small family groups, generally looks cute until it looks terrifying to humans and (the only real similarity:) smells bad to humans.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 07:33:28 PM
... I was upset ...

Didn't last long, did it? Back to self-assured, ridiculous complacency, I guess.

Dildo Argentino

Ah, a digital version of the stocks!

Good people, all I ask is that you use the tomatoes for my head and genitals and use the harder stuff (onions, eggs, potatoes) for midriff shots.

East Coast Hustle

You wanna contribute to the discussion in the other thread, feel free. You wanna keep up your attention-whoring, those posts are going in here.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: trippinprincezz13 on November 30, 2012, 07:41:58 PM
A bit of both, likely. Often bullied, maybe when he was younger. And/or highly insecure with a persecution complex. The only way to set things right is to, naturally, try to stomp on those he perceives to be weaker or in a vunerable position. He is threatened by strong, intelligent personalities, such as Roger. He is threatened by people trying to pursue their desires and/or make something of their lives, such as Twid. He is threatened by the group dynamic between many people here (not to be confused with "group think") that he didn't automatically become a part of once he joined. So he must seek out weak points and jab at them because that is much easier than addressing any actual issues and WILL SHOW THOSE PEOPLE.

Actually, I was usually desperately lonely as a child. Actually, I am not insecure. Actually, I never stomp on people I perceive to be weaker or vulnerable, quite the contrary. Actually, I am attracted to strong, intelligent personalities. Actually, I am pursuing my desires and making something of my life. Unlike Twid, who is wallowing in self-pity right now, though he has the potential to stop it. I did make the mistake of thinking I can just walk into the "group dynamic", but I realised my mistake (epiphany no. 2, I think). I seek out weak points and jab at them because that is often a surprisingly effective way of addressing actual issues.

I am not going to analyse you. But only because it's a lovely saturday morning, the sun is shining, and off to band practice I go.

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 01, 2012, 06:47:22 AM
You wanna contribute to the discussion in the other thread, feel free. You wanna keep up your attention-whoring, those posts are going in here.

It's not attention whoring, it's just plain talk. But I might as well just write here for a bit. Nice to have a place of your own, even if it has rubber walls and no handle on the door.