News:

'sup, my privileged, cishet shitlords?  I'm back from oppressing womyn and PoC.

Main Menu

UNLIMITED holist appreciation thread

Started by Dildo Argentino, September 18, 2012, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on December 07, 2012, 02:26:04 PM
Man, that's mean!  :lulz:

But DO what? Whinge?

In this case?  Write a rant.

You can't really do much, so you spend all your time bitterly fucking with those that can.  How pathetic.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

The Good Reverend Roger

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 01:45:32 PM
... is beyond me.

And it's not the only thing, either.

And I'm not that sure people hate me, somehow, either.  :lulz:
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on December 07, 2012, 12:41:12 PM
Those of mine have been occupying my mind, because I am going through major life changes right now - with a family of 8, this is...

...A jackass that can neither support his family nor learn to wear a condom.

The Good Reverend Roger

tyrannosaurus vex

But DO what? Whinge?

You're damn right I'm whinging. It has its place. And what are you doing? Just taking the piss, I suppose, and that's fine but you seem to be expecting cheers or something.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 02:35:05 PM
Split on request, V3x.

Eh. Doesn't look like this is going anywhere anyway.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: V3X on December 07, 2012, 02:41:12 PM

But DO what? Whinge?

You're damn right I'm whinging. It has its place. And what are you doing? Just taking the piss, I suppose, and that's fine but you seem to be expecting cheers or something.

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 02:35:05 PM
Split on request, V3x.

That's because nobody's been on the board.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on December 07, 2012, 08:02:37 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 06, 2012, 11:24:50 PM
Quote from: holist on December 06, 2012, 09:56:32 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 06, 2012, 06:13:00 AM
Interesting to poke for a little while, maybe. But I think we've seen all the tricks this pony has.

You haven't.
Really? Because there's been absolutely no sign of you being anything but insufferable, easily butthurt, condescending to people when they don't give you slobbery praise, and perpetually going after a handful of people, myself among them. Seriously, dude. Fuck off.

Okay. But what you are saying is not true: I have posted a great deal of music, art: this didn't get any responses at all because you were already hostile. The only reason for that is that I am still unwilling the accept that some of the most vocal people here are not as brilliant as seems to be concensus (oh, and homeopathy, I guess). When I do offer my music once more, as evidence for my competence in talking about music, I get grudging acknowledgement of the sort "I guess you can play, but you're still crap". But okay, I will not talk to you again. I think it would be fair for you not to enter slagging-matches about me in return, but should you feel otherwise, and still feel the need to say "holist is such an asshole, nyah" every now and again to balance up your glandular brain-soup, feel free. Won't be troubling you again, until you ask for it.

:lulz: You are such a lying ass. Several people commented that your music is quite good, myself among them, even though I find your personality insufferable.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Your art is total shit, though, and I refrained from comment rather than saying it's shit because that's what I usually do when someone here posts art that isn't good. It's a social graces thing.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: hølist on December 07, 2012, 03:46:30 PM
Quote from: holist on December 07, 2012, 08:02:37 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 06, 2012, 11:24:50 PM
Quote from: holist on December 06, 2012, 09:56:32 PM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 06, 2012, 06:13:00 AM
Interesting to poke for a little while, maybe. But I think we've seen all the tricks this pony has.

You haven't.
Really? Because there's been absolutely no sign of you being anything but insufferable, easily butthurt, condescending to people when they don't give you slobbery praise, and perpetually going after a handful of people, myself among them. Seriously, dude. Fuck off.

Okay. But what you are saying is not true: I have posted a great deal of music, art: this didn't get any responses at all because you were already hostile. The only reason for that is that I am still unwilling the accept that some of the most vocal people here are not as brilliant as seems to be concensus (oh, and homeopathy, I guess). When I do offer my music once more, as evidence for my competence in talking about music, I get grudging acknowledgement of the sort "I guess you can play, but you're still crap". But okay, I will not talk to you again. I think it would be fair for you not to enter slagging-matches about me in return, but should you feel otherwise, and still feel the need to say "holist is such an asshole, nyah" every now and again to balance up your glandular brain-soup, feel free. Won't be troubling you again, until you ask for it.

:lulz: You are such a lying ass. Several people commented that your music is quite good, myself among them, even though I find your personality insufferable.

Really?  I thought it was just as lame as his webcomic.  It's derivative and uninspired, and I could find shit like it on any internet radio station dedicated to playing a garage band's music.

Dildo Argentino

Actually, I do not expect cheers at all. This change of tone is more than enough for me. Perhaps you expect cheers? It you were, but perceived that as me expecting cheers, that would be called projection.

WHat do you mean? I'm not sure, but, at any rate, I live in a very different time-zone, and in a rather large household. ANd, contrary to popular belief, I do stuff.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on December 07, 2012, 04:17:04 PM
WHat do you mean? I'm not sure, but, at any rate, I live in a very different time-zone, and in a rather large household. ANd, contrary to popular belief, I do stuff.

Yes, you do "stuff".  You find someone who's having a rough time, and then you hound them.

Beats paying attention to the 8 kids you can't support, right?

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 02:34:46 PM

But DO what? Whinge?

You can't really do much, so you spend all your time bitterly fucking with those that can.  How pathetic.

I can write a rant. I don't want to. It's against my nature, I suppose... I see ranting as something pretty close to tantrums in little children, only significantly less pretty when grown men indulge in it. If it's funny, it has its place, I suppose: but then, it is always tongue in cheek. And in fact you spare no effort to make your rants tongue and cheek, but it's not actually an equivalence-relation: tongue-in-cheekness a rant funny does not make. It can still be old, hackneyed, boring, too much, and to repetitive. The verbal fireworks still do their stuff: but the sentiment behind it: that's very samey. If you dig what I mean, bro.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: holist on December 07, 2012, 04:22:24 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 02:34:46 PM

But DO what? Whinge?

I can write a rant. I don't want to.

Obviously.  You've never had anything to say. 

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on December 07, 2012, 04:18:22 PM
Quote from: holist on December 07, 2012, 04:17:04 PM

Yes, you do "stuff".  You find someone who's having a rough time, and then you hound them.

Beats paying attention to the 8 kids you can't support, right?

You seem to be losing your rag, Reverend! Breaking out such heavy shit for a measly Hungarian boy is beneath you!

For the record: it's six kids, three from my previous marriage, two from hers, and adorable baby girl together.

We have simply hours and hours of fun. Oh, and there are my crappy cartoons and paintings that are getting exhibited (still in the process of obtaining frames), the band, first gig in two weeks or so, the advertising jingle that I've yet to record tonight, and the improv theatre I am joining in January as their musician.

Sorry, am I bragging? So sorry. It's from the fucking Narcissism, and my doctor wont give me stronger pills.

Further for the record: I do support them. Today, for instance, I made about 10 litres of duck soup and went shopping, despite the fact that I can bearly lift my left arm due to yesterday's bicycle accident involving black ice and a partly torn ligament in my shoulder.