News:

PD.com: The combined word for "horror" and "mirth"

Main Menu

UNLIMITED holist appreciation thread

Started by Dildo Argentino, September 18, 2012, 09:42:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

East Coast Hustle

It's attention whoring. You appear to be a narcissist. And you're definitely a bit of a bore.
Rabid Colostomy Hole Jammer of the Coming Apocalypse™

The Devil is in the details; God is in the nuance.

Some yahoo yelled at me, saying 'GIVE ME LIBERTY OR GIVE ME DEATH', and I thought, "I'm feeling generous today.  Why not BOTH?"

Dildo Argentino

And, of course, how could I have forgotten this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STXF9PZkjSQ

Silent night, apparently, is by  Franz Xaver Gruber and Father Joseph Mohr, originally.
Not too keen on rigor, myself - reminds me of mortis

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 01, 2012, 06:53:59 AM
It's attention whoring. You appear to be a narcissist. And you're definitely a bit of a bore.

Well you appear to be a sociopath. A tight-lipped, very clever one.

But I don't think you are. You do demand respect with almost every word, though. Particularly when you say you don't demand respect.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 05:15:46 PM
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on November 30, 2012, 03:30:34 PM
Quote from: holist on November 30, 2012, 03:29:41 PM
Roger so worked up he fucked up the quotations, ITT.

:lulz:

Now tell me I'm analysing you again, big man! Oh, and swear some. Let off steam.

:lolchix:

What now?

Dear Holist,

Stop spagging up my "I'm tired of life what to do" thread unless you have something constructive to say.

Roger gets a pass because, hey, guess what, he actually calls me to see if I'm doing ok, and he stays on the line with me to make sure of it. No shit. Roger is my best friend on this board aside from Phox and LMNO. Providence are pretty damn good too, but based on volume of contact, that's the triumvirate. I actually like Roger spagging up my threads because that usually means he's sticking up for me.

You're just some douche who doesn't like my music for some unknown reason. And before the other day, just some douche who I didn't pay attention to, but you had to add that other thing.

So, kindly fuck off.

Devil take ya.
-Twid
Strange and Terrible Organ Laminator of Yesterday's Heavy Scene
Sentence or sentence fragment pending

Soy El Vaquero Peludo de Oro

TIM AM I, PRIMARY OF THE EXTRA-ATMOSPHERIC SIMIANS

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: holist on December 01, 2012, 06:31:53 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2012, 06:59:34 PM
... The fact that he attacked your apology ... ... why is he a dick to people in general and you specifically.

It came to me in a flash, like vision, screaming across the sky!

Twid! Reading skillz! You could do worse than invest in some of those.

Says the non-English speaker.

Nephew Twiddleton

Oh, we're doing this here?

Quote from: holist on December 01, 2012, 06:37:00 AM
Quote from: Nephew Twiddleton on November 30, 2012, 07:07:30 PM
So heres the thing holist- ive noticed that both with me and roger that you like to take a swipe at people when theyre... I dont know the word. But you took the opportunity to take a swipe at my music for no reason while i was trying to figure out what to do about my blues. And then you take a swipe at roger when hes trying to figure out if his sense of humor still works here and such. Now yeah your kind of a dick so your going to swipe at people anyway. But can you just do us all a favor and butt the fuck out if someone is doing a bit of soul searching or legitimately trying to get some sort of understanding across?

You can still be a dick and not kick someone while theyre down.

Twid, are you fuckin' stupid, or what?

I don't know but standardized testing and grade point averages would be contraindicative.

QuoteI have been trying to put the most magnanimious interpretation on everything I read here for days, but I am hard pressed for a different conclusion.

Did I ask you for such? I don't consider you a friend or a peer. Your opinion doesn't matter much to me.

QuoteAs you obsessed about your precious alky boredom,

Well, while I do have a reputation to uphold, I would hardly say that I am obsessed with my boredom (kinda wanna ditch it, like)
It's not precious (kinda wanna ditch it, like)
It's not alky (I like my booze but honestly, while I get spectacularly drunk sometimes, that's not terribly often, especially in comparison to other Irish people or, dare I say, Eastern Europeans.)
Boredom (yes, I'm fucking bored, why else am I acnknowledging your existence?)

Quoteyou yourself mentioned that you are dissatisfied with the way the music thing is working out in your life that you are not sure about it, etc.

Correct. I want to have a career where I enjoy myself and can survive. Music provides 2/3rds of that.

QuoteI thought this would be a good opportunity to break the news to you: your band is not particularly talented, the music you produce is without interesting distinguishing features (twelve to a dozen, as they say)

Perhaps not. I leave that to the listener who isn't a fucking asshole for the sake of being an asshole.

Quoteyour understanding (as a band) of harmony, melody and rhythm is minimal at best: music may not be the field for you, despite the fact that you decided to hang most of your personality on 'being a musician' for a few years. I just shortened this to "your music sucks" for dramatic effect.

Aside for your "dramatic effect" you're way off base here. Perhaps my specific understanding of music theory is limited (it's not), but regardless, we do have a member who is a music major. With a degree. And a well sought after musician in the Boston area. And said member wouldn't put up with shitty composition. Just saying. I'd be willing to entertain you saying "I know you have two guitarists and I'm guessing you're the shitty one" but the suggestion that we, as a group, have no understanding of harmony, melody OR rhythm, shows that you're really speaking about your own skill set. Sorry. Just outed yourself as a musical idiot. Calling you on it.

QuoteYou in fact have three decent, bipedal choices: a) stop the music thing altogether, b) wise up on this music thing, there's plenty of publicly available information that would improve your act no end, c)accept that you are a hobbyist: continue playing whatever you feel like playing, but accept that you are not great at it and this is mostly for your own amusement.

I have ONE bipedal choice, and that's to not take you seriously, ever.

QuoteAnd, for the record, I am not mean. But, after all those years, tit-for-tat is still a great way of playing.  :lulz:

I don't give a shit about your tit for tat. I say very little to you and you wanted to pick a fight. You're an asshole and I would suggest that you suck my dick but I'd enjoy it less than you would.

Nephew Twiddleton

Quote from: holist on December 01, 2012, 06:50:20 AM

Actually, I was usually desperately lonely as a child.
Big surprise

QuoteActually, I am not insecure. Actually, I never stomp on people I perceive to be weaker or vulnerable, quite the contrary.

Yeah, everything about your posts backs this assertion up.

QuoteActually, I am attracted to strong, intelligent personalities.
Gay for Roger.

QuoteActually, I am pursuing my desires and making something of my life. Unlike Twid, who is wallowing in self-pity right now, though he has the potential to stop it.

You obviously don't know me very well. I'm not wallowing, and I am in fact turning my life around. I fyou call that wallowing in Hungary, I'm surprised you all survived Communism.

QuoteI did make the mistake of thinking I can just walk into the "group dynamic", but I realised my mistake (epiphany no. 2, I think). I seek out weak points and jab at them because that is often a surprisingly effective way of addressing actual issues.

Translation:
"I am, in fact, a bully."

QuoteI am not going to analyse you. But only because it's a lovely saturday morning, the sun is shining, and off to band practice I go.

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

:lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz: :lulz:

The Good Reverend Roger

" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: holist on December 01, 2012, 07:01:23 AM
Quote from: East Coast Hustle on December 01, 2012, 06:53:59 AM

Well you appear to be a sociopath. A tight-lipped, very clever one.

But I don't think you are. You do demand respect with almost every word, though. Particularly when you say you don't demand respect.

ECH is a friend of mine, and he is rather definitely NOT a sociopath.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

I love how this thread is totally the Holist Wall. Flick a lighter.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Dildo Argentino

ERm, sorry, I had forgotten about the stocks and strayed. I shall try harder.

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 30, 2012, 11:38:36 PM
No, I think he's a bully. You can tell by the pattern of who he picks on: women, and people who seem to feel down or at a disadvantage. There are a couple of people he conspicuously doesn't pick on, and the contrast is pretty stark. ECH, for example. But he's gone after me, Garbo, Freeky, Phox, Twid when Twid was feeling low, and you when you apologized, which makes sense if you consider that he apparently considers admitting (or even considering) that you might be wrong to be a sign of weakness.

Totally consistent with bully behavior.

First of all, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PipX3l1tEeU

I totally did not "go after" anyone here, I got fuckin' mugged for not joining the "homeopathy is crap because it's crap and we have some dodgy papers to proooooove it" crowd. And from then onwards, as if I was dealing with some scientific zealotry instead of a bunch of (mostly) fucked up (mostly) Americans, and only wear the shirt if it fits, please, I was treated with suspicion, disdain, occasionally with a fresh start, when I noticed something you felt was worthy is a biped.

Dildo Argentino

I'm still reading up on the other thread...

Quote from: Running From Ghosts on December 01, 2012, 03:39:18 AM
Quote from: Secret Agent GARBO on December 01, 2012, 02:50:33 AM
Go take a couple of implicit association tests.

Well, it turns out I have a preference for Other People over Arab Muslims (I'll have to warn the people who go to my mosque that they scare me, lol).  But the good news is I got "Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between African American and European American."  Oh, and apparently I think Native Americans are foreigners even though they're... Native... Americans...

Nigel had me worried, so I quickly took the lightskinned-darkskinned one and got this:

"Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Light Skin and Dark Skin."

So the question is now, could I have finessed the test and pretended I was not the racist bastard that I really am?

Dildo Argentino

Quote from: East Coast Hustle on November 29, 2012, 03:53:35 AM
Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 27, 2012, 06:19:13 PM
Today's conversation in Open Bar contained a passing comment that spurred this thought:

If your own culture is so full of bad signal that you don't actually WANT it, what do you do next? What if that's the motivation behind a lot of modern-day cultural appropriation... not "oh look, that's neat!" but "GET ME THE FUCK OUT OF HERE!"?

What the hell do you do if you find your culture of origin so repugnant that you want nothing more than to repudiate it and walk away?

Short answer: You do just that. You can live in a place with a dominant cultural paradigm without actively participating in that paradigm. Passive participation may be unavoidable, but you don't have to buy into it or perpetuate it. Or you move to a place with a culture that more closely reflects your values if you have the means to do so.

Again, I find myself in utter agreement with this man. Embarrassing. And he told me I was a narcissist. But I think I might be borderline, instead. Marginally.

Dildo Argentino

I realise full well that I was not the one asked, but I find these questions are right up my street and I would like to answer them, and seeing as I'm in the stocks anyway and got plenty of time...

Quote from: FROTISTED FUDGE CAK on November 29, 2012, 03:59:51 AM
So after you stand up and say FUCK THIS SHIT I WANT NO PART OF IT, how does that affect and shape your personality?

It can be a gradual process. Drugs helped a lot to make me see the absurdity, the plain ridiculous absurdity of the current setup. By the time I was 23, I knew I couldn't take the consensus tunnel seriously. Since then, it has been a gradual process of ups and downs, sometimes barely surviving by the skin of my teeth, sometimes accumulating more stuff into an unruly, chaotic warehouse of stuff I could take seriously. Only recently have I actually found a way to gain the ability to take things seriously enough (I mean, you know, party hard enough) to up my output.

In many ways is it not more appropriate to reach for ideals and standards that you do agree with than to simply reject the ones you don't agree with?

See above, I think in some people's lives, rejection comes first, and then the realignment comes afterwards.

What about community? What about finding the others and trying to create a movement large enough to change the destructive elements of the dominant culture?

That is a very long story. But essentially, I am hard-pressed to find anything more worthwhile and rewarding (apart from art and science, in other words, the advancement of knowledge) than contributing to the spread and maintenance of networks of like-minded urban scum. I am pleased to say that we now obtain a large part of our foods from local, decent people while of course bypassing the local official maffia, and that we are raising our children to be healthily pragmatic and distrustful of anything or anyone that seems to demand respect without giving occasion for it. And I am working on ways to push that agenda using the interwebs, but that's going to be largely under wraps for about a year to 18 months even if all goes according to plan, so in actual fact possibly longer.

Dildo Argentino

Did the sexuality test and all, it says I have a slight automatic preference for straights over gays.

Surprise.