News:

It is better to set off a nuclear bomb, than to sit and curse the dark.

Main Menu

Rev Roger Sermon #18: DOOM

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, June 14, 2003, 01:55:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riff

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: SMFabalAt least Cheny speaks somewhat coherently.  Besides, the succession rules only go 10 deep, then something has to give ...

1.  He's also the most evil man in AMerican politics, at this time.

You forget Ashcroft.
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Riff
Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger
Quote from: SMFabalAt least Cheny speaks somewhat coherently.  Besides, the succession rules only go 10 deep, then something has to give ...

1.  He's also the most evil man in AMerican politics, at this time.

You forget Ashcroft.

Trust me; I have not forgotten AshKKKroft.

Cheney is FAR more dangerous, in the long run.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

riff

To be frank, I know little of the current political situation.  Mainly I get my news from Comedy Central's 'The Daily Show', and what with 'Futurama' being on at the same time, I now only watch it occasionally.

So, what is it that makes the one more evil than the other?
Here's where I've been, and where I probably am: http://www.kingdomofloathing.com.

The Commander

Good question.  One is a religious fanatic and the other a Big Oil money fanatic.  It's like trying to decide who you would rather live next to, junkies or white trash.  They both suck equally as far as I can tell.

The Commander
The Commander
DIA
Discordian Intelligence Agency

SMFabal

Quote from: The CommanderGood question.  One is a religious fanatic and the other a Big Oil money fanatic.  It's like trying to decide who you would rather live next to, junkies or white trash.  They both suck equally as far as I can tell.

The Commander

I choose white trash - at least they speak coherently.
SMFabal, High Pope of CoCK, PSP, CW, KSC, FP, GH, MORBJ

Q: How serious are you about this whole "Discordian" thing?
A: A blue fish Tuesday!
Q: No really, it this, like, deeply philosphical, or just a huge joke?
A: Yes.

SMFabal

Quote from: The CommanderGood question.  One is a religious fanatic and the other a Big Oil money fanatic.  It's like trying to decide who you would rather live next to, junkies or white trash.  They both suck equally as far as I can tell.

The Commander

I choose white trash - at least they speak coherently.

The Commander

If by "coherently" you mean "like an ape with marbles in its mouth".  Honestly, the only reason I would choose white trash is that while junkies have drugs, they are not the drugs I like to do, so they can piss off for all I care.

The Commander
The Commander
DIA

SMFabal

Well, I understand almost everything "white trash" say, but can't understand most junkies at all.

The Commander

SMFabal,

Perhaps the "crakers" in your area are of a different cloth than those here in Pittsburgh, lovingly refered to as "Yinzers".  I swear, they speak almost an entirely different language.  It is littered with words and phrases such as "red up", "yunz" or "yinz", "gumband", "what choo got good?", "n'at", "sliberty", "Dahn tahn" and the like.  While these phrases and words can be found occasionally in normal peoples speech, the accent amongst the "yinzers" is really something to behold.

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

The Yinzers, or rather, the Yinzerians, were originally a Discordian society set up to illuminate the Pitt area. But in the last 23 decades they've kind of lost site of their original purpose, or have they?
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

Trollax

Quote from: The CommanderSMFabal,

Perhaps the "crakers" in your area are of a different cloth than those here in Pittsburgh, lovingly refered to as "Yinzers".  I swear, they speak almost an entirely different language.  It is littered with words and phrases such as "red up", "yunz" or "yinz", "gumband", "what choo got good?", "n'at", "sliberty", "Dahn tahn" and the like.  While these phrases and words can be found occasionally in normal peoples speech, the accent amongst the "yinzers" is really something to behold.

The Commander
DIA

Reminds me of the language they speak in Melbourne, it is truly the Australian dialect of English.
Been too long since I spoke it, I can hardly remember most of it, but being on the train and hearing two people from the eastern suburbs have a conversation in nothing but Melbournese is a sound to be heard. It's oddly like that scene in Goldmember where Austin and Nigel Powers are talking completely in cockney to each other.

~Dialectical Trollax~

The Commander

Well, perhaps we will have to re-apropriate these Yinzerians.  I'll have the Karma Manager and the Admiral get to work on it.  

I wonder what a conversation between a Yinzer and someone from Melbourne would sound like?

The Commander
DIA
The Commander
DIA

riff

Irreverend Hugh, KSC

It's kind of like when I speak Spanish. No one seems to understand it.

We will re-appropriate those Yinzerians. In fact I will set up The Yinzerian Re/Mis-Appropration Office right away.
"Time for the tin-foil hats, girls and boys!"

riff

Establishment of Re-, Mis-,  or In- Appropriation-related services has to go through Committee W, so don't forget to fill the paperwork out in pentuplicate.