News:

MysticWicks endorsement: ""Oooh, I'm a Discordian! I can do whatever I want! Which means I can just SAY I'm a pagan but I never bother doing rituals or studying any kind of sacred texts or developing a relationship with deity, etc! I can go around and not be Christian, but I won't quite be anything else either because I just can't commit and I can't be ARSED to commit!"

Main Menu

INFLAMMATORY SUBJECT

Started by The Good Reverend Roger, September 26, 2012, 08:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Good Reverend Roger

When topic doesn't go the way you want, bail and lurk for 4 weeks.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

LMNO

Everyone stops posting, endlessly presses F5.

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: Signora Paesior on September 27, 2012, 06:51:33 AM
Quote from: Freeky Queen of DERP on September 27, 2012, 05:43:08 AM
Increasingly vitriolic comments toward poster with loudest mouth biggest fanbase most objectionable personality to me personally.  This may or may not be Nigel and/or Roger.

Borderline hero-worship defense of Nigel.

Passive-aggressive attack on someone over their friendship(s).

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

Cain

Spending more time posting in throwaway joke threads than in ones with content and that people have taken time to produce.

The Good Reverend Roger

Well, this has certainly been living up to it's name.   :lulz:

And I know how you feel, Cain.

tyrannosaurus vex

Famous quote attributed to Lincoln. Actually from Hitler.
Evil and Unfeeling Arse-Flenser From The City of the Damned.

The Good Reverend Roger

What I was hoping for:  A thread that could be bumped when one of THE topics are restarted.

What I was afraid of:  Personal butthurt ruining the joke by page 2.

What actually happened:  Said butthurt didn't show up until page 6, reply 86.  Funny effectively killed.

But it's long enough to fulfil its basic function.

Cain

I didn't expect the butthurt.  I did expect it to drag on and on and on pass the point where it was actually funny anymore and was just people posting because it was quick and easy.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on September 27, 2012, 03:32:07 PM
I didn't expect the butthurt.  I did expect it to drag on and on and on pass the point where it was actually funny anymore and was just people posting because it was quick and easy.

Oddly, I find it more challenging to post in this thread than one of the debate threads, because I have to make up material and try to come up with something that hasn't already been said.  :lol:

That said, lengthy rebuttal post which conflates two or more poster's viewpoints and attributes those viewpoints to everyone who disagrees with me.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 27, 2012, 02:53:31 PM
Increasingly vitriolic comments toward poster with loudest mouth biggest fanbase most objectionable personality to me personally.  This may or may not be Nigel and/or Roger.

Yeah, it's OK though, I don't actually HAVE feelings, remember? And of course neither do my friends sycophants. (I almost forgot, people don't actually like me for me, they just suck up to me because of my outrageous power and influence.)
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Signora Pæsior

Misunderstanding of a poster's point that causes a fresh load of butthurt, possibly only lasting until said poster returns to try and clarify their statement.

(FTR, I was stating something I would do, as to be honest the only person whose behaviour I feel comfortable commenting on is my own. If there was a "borderline hero-worship defence of Nigel" (or similar) in one of the recent threads that I've forgotten about, apologies)
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

AFK

Cynicism is a blank check for failure.

Freeky

AND HE WAS NEVER SEEN AGAIN. :cry:

Internet Jesus

Quote from: The Good Reverend Roger on September 27, 2012, 03:19:47 PM
What I was hoping for:  A thread that could be bumped when one of THE topics are restarted.

What I was afraid of:  Personal butthurt ruining the joke by page 2.

What actually happened:  Said butthurt didn't show up until page 6, reply 86.  Funny effectively killed.

But it's long enough to fulfil its basic function.

I like to think of it as doing for the average discussion board thread what Aristotle did for symbolic logic.
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Signora Paesior on September 27, 2012, 09:13:04 PM

Misunderstanding of a poster's point that causes a fresh load of butthurt, possibly only lasting until said poster returns to try and clarify their statement.

(FTR, I was stating something I would do, as to be honest the only person whose behaviour I feel comfortable commenting on is my own. If there was a "borderline hero-worship defence of Nigel" (or similar) in one of the recent threads that I've forgotten about, apologies)

I totally took it wrong, and behaved reactively... I'm sorry! Totally. Please forgive the derailment.