Previous topic - Next topic

Phox

A-tisket, a- tasket,

A green-and yellow a basket.

I wrote a letter to my love,

and on the way  I lost it.

I lost it, I lost it,

If only she had caught it.

A little boy he picked it up, and told the nearest sergeant.

A-tisket, a-tasket.

Marching off to track it.

We wrote our plans in coded hands,

And the government they grabbed it.

They grabbed it, they grabbed it,

And now we have to chance it.

The sergeant went to the general; he said they had to lance it.

A-tisket, A-tasket

Severed head rolling in a basket.

My love lost a letter that he wrote,

And on the gallows, he found it.

He found it, he found it.

And on the gallows, they had us all surrounded.

A-tisket, a-tasket.

Signora Pæsior

Well this was interesting to wake up to  :eek:
Petrochemical Pheremone Buzzard of the Poisoned Water Hole

The Wizard Joseph

You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

Phox

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 02, 2012, 08:35:34 PM
Kinda dark, but very cool!
You... haven't read much of my writing have you?  :lulz:

The Wizard Joseph

Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on October 02, 2012, 08:37:02 PM

:) I believe that I have, but it's a little difficult to recall specifics. This was particularly creepy and awesome because of the childhood associations it gave me. I remembered back when I read the original version of Jack the Giant Killer for some reason. It seemed like somewhere on a fine line between "a fairy tale" and "Dexter".
You can't get out backward.  You have to go forward to go back.. better press on! - Willie Wonka, PBUH

Life can be seen as a game with no reset button, no extra lives, and if the power goes out there is no restarting.  If that's all you see life as you are not long for this world, and never will get it.

"Ayn Rand never swung a hammer in her life and had serious dominance issues" - The Fountainhead

"World domination is such an ugly phrase. I prefer to call it world optimisation."
- Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality :lulz:

"You program the controller to do the thing, only it doesn't do the thing.  It does something else entirely, or nothing at all.  It's like voting."
- Billy, Aug 21st, 2019

"It's not even chaos anymore. It's BANAL."
- Doktor Hamish Howl

The Good Reverend Roger

A-tisket, A tasket,
Roger blows a gasket
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

Anna Mae Bollocks

Scantily-Clad Inspector of Gigantic and Unnecessary Cashews, Texas Division

Phox

Quote from: The Wizard Joseph on October 02, 2012, 08:46:53 PM
Quote from: Doktor D. Jennifer Phox on October 02, 2012, 08:37:02 PM

:) I believe that I have, but it's a little difficult to recall specifics. This was particularly creepy and awesome because of the childhood associations it gave me. I remembered back when I read the original version of Jack the Giant Killer for some reason. It seemed like somewhere on a fine line between "a fairy tale" and "Dexter".
Ah, that I can understand then.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Kai

Totally wasn't expecting this. Should have been.
If there is magic on this planet, it is contained in water. --Loren Eisley, The Immense Journey

Her Royal Majesty's Chief of Insect Genitalia Dissection
Grand Visser of the Six Legged Class
Chanticleer of the Holometabola Clade Church, Diptera Parish

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."