News:

Testimonial: "PD is the home of Pure Evil and All That Is Wrong With the Interwebz." - Queen of the Ryche, apparently in all seriousness

Main Menu

Can we talk about me now? (Open bar thread #3,494)

Started by Juana, October 04, 2012, 04:31:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 27, 2012, 12:40:19 AM
Quote from: The Waffler on October 27, 2012, 12:17:06 AM
Back home from Ye Olde England. It was grand. Scroobius Pip AND Richard O'Brien joined Palmer onstage.

I am in a horrible mood, however. Not sure if I want to kill a mother fucker or weep until I fall asleep.

Why?

Long story short: complicated love issues. I get handed the short end of the stick, it makes me horribly sad, and angry.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

Horribly Oscillating Assbasket of Deliciousness
[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Waffler on October 27, 2012, 12:48:22 AM
Back home from Ye Olde England. It was grand. Scroobius Pip AND Richard O'Brien joined Palmer onstage.

I am in a horrible mood, however. Not sure if I want to kill a mother fucker or weep until I fall asleep.

Why?

Long story short: complicated love issues. I get handed the short end of the stick, it makes me horribly sad, and angry.

Get a different stick.

Seriously.  If you're that wrapped around the axle, walk the fuck away and find someone new.  Alternatively, look at what you're doing, or perhaps what you're looking for.

Half the time (or more) that people say they're getting the short end of the stick, they're not looking at the situation clearly.  Just saying.
" It's just that Depeche Mode were a bunch of optimistic loveburgers."
- TGRR, shaming himself forever, 7/8/2017

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."
- TGRR, raising the bar at work.

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 27, 2012, 12:51:22 AM

Why?

Get a different stick.

Seriously.  If you're that wrapped around the axle, walk the fuck away and find someone new.  Alternatively, look at what you're doing, or perhaps what you're looking for.

Half the time (or more) that people say they're getting the short end of the stick, they're not looking at the situation clearly.  Just saying.

Thanks, Rog. You're right. This will pass, I'm sure, but shit happened yesterday that is nobody's fault, but fate still decided to let me bear the most of it, so I'm probably seeing things through crap tinted glasses.
"At first I lifted weights.  But then I asked myself, 'why not people?'  Now everyone runs for the fjord when they see me."

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Waffler on October 27, 2012, 12:58:47 AM

Why?

Get a different stick.

Thanks, Rog. You're right. This will pass, I'm sure, but shit happened yesterday that is nobody's fault, but fate still decided to let me bear the most of it, so I'm probably seeing things through crap tinted glasses.

What, God ran off with your girl?  Or was it that Zeus bastard again?  He's a fucking Sancho, and no fucking doubt.

"Billy, when I say that ethics is our number one priority and safety is also our number one priority, you should take that to mean exactly what I said. Also quality. That's our number one priority as well. Don't look at me that way, you're in the corporate world now and this is how it works."

EK WAFFLR

Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 27, 2012, 01:02:41 AM

Why?

Get a different stick.

What, God ran off with your girl?  Or was it that Zeus bastard again?  He's a fucking Sancho, and no fucking doubt.

:lulz:
We don't get those up here, if anyone were to try to run off with my girl, it'd be Heimdall, that goddamn PUA bastard.
Nobody ran off with anyone, actually, but my weekend plans were shot down by a very majeur force, so I'm stuck at home with only my thoughts for company, which is the very last thing I need nowadays.

[/b]

The Good Reverend Roger

Quote from: The Waffler on October 27, 2012, 01:12:11 AM
Quote from: Reverend Roadkill on October 27, 2012, 01:02:41 AM

Why?

Get a different stick.

:lulz:
We don't get those up here, if anyone were to try to run off with my girl, it'd be Heimdall, that goddamn PUA bastard.
Nobody ran off with anyone, actually, but my weekend plans were shot down by a very majeur force, so I'm stuck at home with only my thoughts for company, which is the very last thing I need nowadays.

Take it out on the neighbors.  That's always worked for me.

Phox

Yo yo, friends and Waffles.  I'll be even more gone than I already am for an indefinite stretch. For those of you who are curious, I'll be answering PMs for a few hours yet, and Twid and Kai know what's up, and I'll grant them discretion to 'splain. Anyway, catch y'all later.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: Cain on October 26, 2012, 02:00:18 PM
Quote from: P3nT4gR4m on October 26, 2012, 01:53:27 PM
Quote from: Cain on October 26, 2012, 12:22:54 PM
The musical apocalypse is upon us.  Two of the most useless, talentless fucks in music have released a joint single.  All this needs is a cameo by Pit Bull and Taylor Swift for all four horsemen to be present.

To be fair, it's a fairly simple formula:

Take any two people who've appeared in the top10 over the last decade into a studio
Record the resulting cacophony
Autotune the shit out of it

99.99% guaranteed horrormirth/chart success

True.  It's just each individual here is so uniquely awful that putting them together makes me want to eat glass shards.

Now I HAVE to listen to it.
"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Quote from: LMNO, PhD (life continues) on October 26, 2012, 03:21:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UCVCQmxb7YQ

She kills it on this one.  Sure YMMV, but it was an impressive debut.

I've enjoyed the shit out of some of her non-hits. I hope she'll get off the top 40 track and produce some more of that weird shit she's got in her.

Also, I hate to say it, but the Bieb is shaping up to be ridiculously hot. I can't tell you how uncomfortable that makes me.

Also, that JB/NM song was SHIT TAY.

"I'm guessing it was January 2007, a meeting in Bethesda, we got a bag of bees and just started smashing them on the desk," Charles Wick said. "It was very complicated."

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good luck, Phox, Pixie, Waffles!

I just returned from hours on top of a play structure with an 8-year-old who has... difficulties.

Internet Jesus

Things I have learned in the past week being the RESPONSIBLE adult:

1. I am more capable than I gave myself credit for.  I'm not exactly good at this shit, but I haven't burned the house down.  Yet.

2. If you agree to help clean up the finances of an addict, it helps to have deep pockets.  Barring that, it helps to have an annual holiday of conspicuous consumerism that you can shrug off in favor of getting your finances in order.

3.  My son is a lot more responsible and adult that either I or his mother gave him credit for.  Certainly much more than I was at 14.

4.  You almost have to be perfectly stoic when dealing with text messages from someone detoxing.  Because anything you say can and will be misconstrued and used against you.

5.  Somewhat related to all 4 points above, I think one of the few gifts I'm going to be able to give my boy this Christmas will be the most meaningful to me and the lamest gift he's ever gotten.  A copy of The Meditations of Marcus Aurelius and a highlighter. 
HAHAHA DISREGARD THAT, I SUCK COCKS!

Juana

"I dispose of obsolete meat machines.  Not because I hate them (I do) and not because they deserve it (they do), but because they are in the way and those older ones don't meet emissions codes.  They emit too much.  You don't like them and I don't like them, so spare me the hysteria."

Internet Jesus

I don't know if things are going full on O.K., Garbo.  I've been re-reading the Meditations myself and trying to apply it to the now though, and it seems to help out.  Not because I agree with the premises, but because I think the person I'm called to be right now is a bit more stoic than my normal self.

Mesozoic Mister Nigel

Good luck, IJ. I know it's rough going but from what I've seen of you so far, you're made out of stuff that can make it.

Internet Jesus

Quote from: Man Green on October 27, 2012, 05:17:45 AM
Good luck, IJ. I know it's rough going but from what I've seen of you so far, you're made out of stuff that can make it.

Why thank you, Miss Nigel.  I hope you're right.  I actually can't find my copy of the Meditations right now.   Suspect the boy stole it before he went to his Dad's for the weekend.  We had a rather far reaching discussion last night that started with Ender's Game went into the complicated relationship he has with his biological father and ended with me throwing passages from my heavily highlight copy and trying to get him to think about applying it to his relationship him.  He took it to places I didn't think he would ever take it too.  He may not grow into a GREAT man, but he will grow into a good man.  And that's better than I am.